Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

A broke man

underdog   

Originally posted by disillusioned-N-despondent:

Why would anyone go out on a date when they are broke? Funny ppl.
:D

We're genetically pre-disposed to "represent" through thick and thin, in good times and in bad time, through sickeness and in health....you know how it goes.

A$$ All

ceeb waaye haday gabarta lacagta bixineeso adigana aad indha buuran ku fiirineeso, that means ayada ayaa ku qabto even haddii aadan qabin xattaa,waayo ayada ayaa kaa masuul ah oo kaa bixineeso shurbadda ama maharagada sukumaawiikiga iyo yaruuraca soo raaco,

---Absolutely correct. That is a male pride at stake. It is male thing, ladies. Unfortunately, this trend is increasingly under attack in the developed world. Take a peek at the following article based on an actual programme on BBC and, the picture they paint in the coming years is BAD.

The issue is real, but the scenario is a fiction:

==========================

If... women ruled the world

In 2020 women are outperforming men academically, socially, technologically and even biologically, but what would a world run by women really be like?

Professor Steve Jones, a geneticist at University College London claims: "I'm fairly confident that in the west, the 21st century will be the century of women."

It is 2020 and girls are outperforming boys at every step of the educational ladder.

There are three women graduating university for every two men.

Under-qualified, men are struggling to make it in the feminised workplace where traditional hierarchies, rigid working structures and hours are a thing of the past.

Fathers Fight Back

IF explores the role of women in a changing world.

Could the worm turn and the world become dominated by women?

As traditional, male-dominated industries disappear, will women be better equipped to succeed in the workplace of the future?

Innovations in medical science have also overcome the last obstacle to women reaching the top of their professions; childbirth.

In 2020 we meet Charlie, a 17-year-old post-feminist, who introduces us to her dysfunctional, 21st century family.

There's Alice, her have-it-all mum, high-achieving sister Sarah, struggling brother Matt, and Phil, her estranged dad and a leading member of Fathers Fight Back.

One could have a scenario where men are surplus to requirements

Dr Susan Greenfield, leading brain researcher

At 52, Alice is planning to have a baby, alone.

But would our world be a better, more peaceful place if it was run by women?

In our film, the first female president of the United States is about to visit Britain as part of her mission to end the war on terror through dialogue, and Phil has a plan...

If... women ruled the world If... women ruled the world If... women ruled the world

This is the site of the programme.....it is interesting read.

Quite frankly, money should not be an issue when it comes to dates. As long as the date is good and you both enjoyed yourselves, its worth the money - from whichever party or both. Its bad dates and horrible locations you should watch out for.

Curly   

Personally i don't like people paying for me! and when i do let them I make sure I don't go way out and start ordering all sorts!

But I have been a few dates when the bloke was broke but we managed to make a nice day of it...it's not always about money becuase you go out with the person to be with them!

Not their money or what their money results in.

So whether it's in a posh resturant or a walk by a canal...who cares?! Your still with the person you like or love or whatever!

NoVa   

looool@y'all....Guys guys guys,...didn't u guys know U have more Fun when u guys r broke than when ur pocket is full????...Many brotha's will agree with me on this one...but then again, since i'm a Sista, i say if the broth is broke,...dat's kool..we all have our day's when we r short of changez....and dats part of life...it doesn't mean just cuz ur pocket is full'..u can offer everything a girl wants??? can ya ?? ;) ..guess not..so make the best of the date...and that doesn't mean' only the poor broke azz fella has 2 do all the paying everytime...many sista's rather take their own shares half of the time but then again' since we have brotha's who believe that if a woman' pays for them then their not man enought 2 take care of their lady...which i can understand...which is koool but when ur out of change....let some1 else handle it...just say u out of it...ain't hard 2 admit..it ain't like ur losin' ya manlyhood for a menu :D:D:D

Jaabir   

The closest I came to being broke man on a date was last year when I treated this girl I was going out to a nice restaurant in Minneapolis, when the bill came, I reached out for my wallet and the damn thing was not there :eek: :eek: :eek: .. turned out it was still in the coat I left at home…...

I didn’t freak out though.. I told my girl I was going to the bath room, and swerved to the manager’s office who happened to be an Egyptian dude, explained the whole deal to him and promised to pay the bill the next morning.. he took my word for it.. I came back to our table, continued my date like aint nothing happened :D

Tuujiye   

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw....y'all killing the topic..I didn't ask for an advise, I asked for the stories like the one darman told..come one people we all know how it feels to be broke and yes it is fun sometimes but not all the time

Qac Qaac   

ca jaa'ib, ilaahoo yee qof dumar ah oo soomaali ah, yee date lacag iga bixin, TOORAY AABA IS GALIN LAHAA... maxaa ka noosha hay, sababta way ku soo xasuusin mar walba, what's next, she buys shirts for u, that's it u r owned by her. and there goes the respect she had for u.

waraa Nomad, may nin yaho, single motherkii adaa iga qaatay, Tuug yoho.

kaalay dadkaan abu dhabi xattaa date ay ku sameenayaan ka waran. nacallaa.

waraa Garab waan kuu sheegi lahaa exprience kayga, laakiin date dhan maba aama sani.

lol   

garab: SHukaamiska yaa u diiday abudhabi..... FYI.. meeshaan koo joogo weli salaan ma ka qaadin... maba iigu baxdo sheekada nooh... kistoo laga roone camal ay u dhaqmaan... :D

Originally posted by Geel-Jire:

A$$ All

ceeb waaye haday gabarta lacagta bixineeso adigana aad indha buuran ku fiirineeso, that means ayada ayaa ku qabto even haddii aadan qabin xattaa,waayo ayada ayaa kaa masuul ah oo kaa bixineeso shurbadda ama maharagada sukumaawiikiga iyo yaruuraca soo raaco,

---Absolutely correct. That is a male pride at stake. It is male thing, ladies.

To emasculate a faarax, I just need to pay for him miyaa? Waan gartay. I'll store this little tidbit of information for future use Insha'Allah. :cool:

Senora   

Funniest episode was seeing this dude taking her to airport fence, watching over the landing and departing planes. Now, that is romantic!

LOL, awww well it could have some romance to it

;)

you dont need money to go out on a date..where's the creativeness here...I personally hate the dates that end up going to the movies, etc...how original?!

On our first few dates, my boyfriend took me to this really expensive restaurant...I found it so boring, b/c evryone was just sitting so upright like they had back problems, the food wasn't good, the scenary was far from comfortable....

the best date that I've ever had was when one day I called my boyfriend a few months back to go out, and he tried so hard to convinve me otherwise, when he found out i wasn't budging, he told me that right now he's struggling cause he had to send money back home, and he had so much to do that required him of his money....i could just tell that this really bothered him, and i felt this feeling that i can't really explain, but anyways, LOL.....i told him that i wanted to see him, and spend time with him, and said that the place i wanted to go to required no money at all( I actually had to make up this part, but i was amazed at how long it took me to do this)

so we ended up going to this park, and we climbed this mountain( it was pretty small),and then we went to this lecture about Israel and Palestine( which was so interesting)..and we ended up spending nothing!..( well i bought him gas, and then i made him some dinner)..but that was the best date I've ever had, and we actually ended up closer because of this....

sorry garab..thisis exactly what you didnt want us to do, but i couldnt help myself icon_razz.gif