Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

A Nomad?

Salaan...

Since I am relatively new to this site, and I hadn't had the slightest idea of what it meant to be a 'nomad' or a 'geeljire' or a 'geeljirto,' I think I therefore think I should ask its implications and responsibilities of what this title bears. Sure, with it, it means you hold a senior position in here, but my question is this:

What does it take to be a nomad?

Are there any formal requirements?

Is it related to how you behave in here? Or manners? How decent you are? The more well-mannered you are, the quickest way you will become a nomad. Is this so?

Is it related to how many posts you post? Like you reached or passed a certain limited mileage of posting?

Or any other aspects to think of.

Intaas lee.

And by the way, not all soomaalis are 'nomads.' Most nomads do live in the far North, and most Southwestern people are pastorals. Just a reminder. smile.gif

Macsalaama!!

A   

I can answer one of you questions. as far as becoming a NOMAD, you just want post as much stuff as you can till you became a NOMAD. I recently becama a NOMAD and man is the best feeling! so just hang in there and good luck bro. later

Hibo   

MMA,

I was just asking my self the same question...Oh what a coincidence.... Well since there ain't no place that says something about that i think this question goes out to the Admin of the place.

Salaamz

Deeq A.   

Maroodi Jeex: A Somaliland Alternative Journal

ISSN 1097-3850.Issue number 10 (Fall 1998)

MEMOIRS: THE UPROOTED NOMAD OF THE EARTH

By Abdilahi Haji Mohamed*

Ottawa, Canada

• "I was a typical Somali nomad who modestly in winter time when there was no rain and arrogantly in spring time when there was rain perceived himself - of course along with our beloved camels - as a species part of nature, in harmony with nature, but never a master of nature"
  • "Life has its ups and downs"
  • "The very nature of a nomad is mobility with survival skills but the survival skills one needs in the jungle world of New York are a lot different than those for the jungles of Africa"

Our definition of a nomad ain't no different from that mentioned by the author. Play with your definition of a nomad, but we all(atleast most of us) must agree on couple of things

Mobility (act of moving around).

Survival skills.

Love for our beloved camels.

Arrogant (Think positive here!!!)

What does it take to have the nomad title here?

Well, when you reach a stage in your life where you have posted enough, we will recognize you a nomad. You have atleast shown some of the qualities needed...for example....SURVIVAL SKILLS. What we mean is that, if you can go against JABER, LF, HIBO, LS, NOWAAL, UNIXGURU and the rest of the nomads here before you give up on Somalia Online, then you are a nomad.... smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Love you all!!!

In the mean time, I will move this topic to the CAMEL MILK DEBATE section because it is best suited there.