Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

NBA Season has come to an End, Pick Your Winners here...

Most of you are aware that in the next several weeks, we will find out the winners of each respected categories for 04'.

I want to know who do you pple want to win in the caterogies below:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR:

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER:

COACH OF THE YEAR:

SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR:

and last but not least

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

I want you to pick the winners and briefly explain why the winner deserves to win in each category.

My pick for this year's winners are as follows:-

First and foremost, KEVIN GARNETT FOR MVP. There isn't a player this season who can even come close to putting the same stats as KG for 04, as far as points, rebounds, assists, blocks and leadership and most importantly success of the team is concerned.

KG has had individual success for the past several yrs, but hasn't had a team success as good as he has had this season. He has managed to start off strong and finish strong, even though his team has had some shaky times during the season. This team has been mostly dominant most part of the season thanks to the determination of it's star.

My rookie of the year goes to melo, and I know some of y'all are like"is she serious""??? and the answer is yes.

I picked melo over lebron because even though there wasn't much hype surrounding melo at the beginning, he still managed to take a weaker

team in the west and make them successful contenders in a matter of months and at the same time, melo managed to put up respected numbers.

On the other hand, Lebron has managed to over come all the hype surrounding him and make his team successful in a weak conference, even though some of the tougher teams were struggling in this same conference, his team managed to fail.

Both players are great young guys who have shown that in time, both players in their respected conference will become dominant teams, but melo hasn't had the advantage of having silas, he hasn't had the advantage of playing in the weaker east conference, and his team still managed to almost make the playoffs with a better record than the cavs. Most part of the season, the nuggest haven't had the luxury of struggling as much as the cavs had, there were times when lebron was putting lesser stats than melo, and for that reason alone, I had to go with melo for rookie of the year.

Most improved player is very clear cut choice... Gotta go with Zach Randolph.

I chose Randolph, because not only has his team managed to go through extreme make-over, but troubles on/off the court for the team didn't much affect his game.

Matter of fact, that proved to motivate him, he has managed to improve his offensive as well as his defensive game overnight tremendously.

Jerry Sloan is my coach of the year choice, only because the two stars he depended on the last 14 to 15 yrs no longer existed. He took pieces of used puzzles, and he has managed to not only put it together and complete but made the puzzle worth displaying at the finest art galleries.

My sixth man choice isn't as easily predictable, because I have more than one choice.

On one hand, I have Al harrington, whose team owns the best record in the league and he has been part of that, but on the other there is the defending championship team's european star, is the man from argentina folks. He probably will win the award, only because he has been unspeakable.(there just isn't anything you can say about ginobili that is negative.)

The defensive player of the year would be shocking if GARNETT WAS TO WIN IT, and HE IS ONE OF THE TOP 3 PLAYERS I AM CONSIDERING TO WIN IT.

It be a shame if RON ARTEST was given a cold shoulder and didn't win it.

Ron has proven over and over again that he is a defensive player first, and shooting second.

We all know what happens when artest isn't in the line-up, we know what pacers aren't capable of doing and we know they miss him tremendously when he isn't available to them.(ofcourse, I know O'neal is the man for the pacers, but so is artest)

Basically, I am choosing Artest over KG, but it be amazing if somehow kg managed to find enough votes to win over artest.

WingA   

lazyie,

i like what wrote, but LeBron is flippin wicked mate and he looks so natural.. i was watching the comparisions for Melo and LeBron.. theres not much between them.. am begining to like this NBA thing..

KG, sh!t!! that man is bad!! i love watching him.. i remember one game, he got 29 or something points but hes team still lost.. hes unbelievable.. wicked player..

I got few choices and here they are..

MVP = KG no competition

Rookie of the yr..Le bron(but close one with Melo)

Most Improved player..Carlos Boozer

Coach of the YR: Hubie brown(from memphis)

Sixth Man: Desmond Mason

Deffense of the yr..Theo Ratliff.

Jaylaani   

Here are my picks:

KG for MVP

My rookie of the year is Anthony. Yes, LeBron is the better player but that isn’t what this award is all about. Anthony has bigger impact on his team than LeBron. Just look at the conference he is playing in.

My Most Improve Player is Michael Red.

Coach of the year..... H. Brown

Sixth Man.....A. Jamison

Defensive Player of the year.....Ron Artest.

Ok here are my choice:

MVP- KG, The man deserves it period

Coach of the year- Hubie brown(from memphis)

Rookie of the year-Lebron, NBA is based on aggresiveness and Lebron has proven to be aggresive than 'Melo...'Melo had a good year too but lebron is too fast for this league therefore he got the award on his hand.

Most improved Player-Zach Randolph (POR)

Sixth man of the Year-Desmond Mason

I've noticed that some of you went with Hubie Brown over Jerry Sloan, good choice but why?

I honestly would have gone with hubie the oldie myself, but Sloan worked with far less talented team than hubie has this season. Hubie has been very successful between the two, no argument there. On one hand, hubie has far more talented team than jazz would ever inquire and for that reason alone, jerry sloan will win it. Y'all gotta base your choice for the coach of the year not based on record wise, but based on talent. Who has had to overcome his two best stars for the longest time ever and make a team only with kirilento as a star to make them worth watching and still have a chance to take up the 8th and last spot???

If Hubie wins it, he will only win it based on his age, that regardless of how old a coach is, he can still put up with a young grizzlies team and make them successful contenders in a tough western conference.

WINGER, I am glad to see a die-hard footie fan can still open his mind to b-ball and show interest.(allah only knows how irritate I get watching soccer, I don't have the patient for teams to soccer every 15-30mins, sometimes an hour passes before one team can manage to score over another)

If soccer was half as exciting as b-ball is, I probably watch alot more than just watching the

world cup.

Back to what you said about lebron and melo...

There can never be a comparison between the two players, because they are two different individuals, their game is alot different.

I'm hoping that the t-wolves win tonight's game and just close out the best record in the west.

Tonight´s game against sixers, pacers gonna make a franchise history with 60 wins, gotta luv it.

WingA   

nah, i luv sports.. am even gettin used to the american football thing on the PS2..lol.. just watched the Bulls History on ESPN and boy they were BAD!!

but i dont know what team to support.. so many good teams now days..

Macalin   

I see The Lazy One has her Own Fantacy GAME!...Good to see U lil Mamacita---i know u still nursing that Stanford/Orangemen Wound!@..oh well :D Good to see U bud!

I have not been so keen this Yr on BB(pro that is!).....However i have watched a couple of denver,Kings,Mnsota and Cavs game once in a while, so am a lil Grey on the issues....i do catch SC once in a while and from that i have seen this:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:KG----If he doesnt take this TEAM to WWEST finals THIS YR am so not gonna be his fan!

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: I think i have to Agree with Lazie on this Mr Mello Yellow is indeed a good kid even tho he wasnt given media TIME.

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER: Latrell Sprewel!(i mean he was good,but ya know!)...am suprised no one has mentioned this OLD timer...ey hes been behind the Wolves sucess!(Am feeling Ginobli YO!)

COACH OF THE YEAR:Clevland Coach: he Disciplined those kids

SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR: I have to Give it to ma Man Antwan Jamison,(someone else did mention him!) This Ex Tarheel my freinds is one hard Guy....he was a star in NC and G.state now hes gonna cause some damage in Dalllas

and last but not least

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: i still go for Ben Wallace...like i said i have nt been on this thing this YR

MVP

gotta give it up to KG

Most Improved Player

my boy Lamar Odom improved his stats every possible way

Rookie of the Year

Sorry Dwayne Wade but gotta go wit wah my head is tellin and thats Carmelo only if they get into the playoffs besides Melo is beatin Lebron in ppg and rpg but then again last year Caron Butler led all rookies in ppg but Amare Stoudamire got it b/c his team made da playoffs

Coach of da Year

Stan Van Gundy

da man got da Heat battlin for homecourt advantage he didnt find out he was da coach till a couple of day b4 da season started yo they started off 0-7 and now look at them at 5th spot gotta give props to da man u see him da way he works da refs

6th man

Rafer Alston da man has a franchise record

Defensive player of da year

I really dont care

Qac Qaac   

come on now CAPITAL Z... u can't give everything to Heat, we know u love them, but come on....

anyways here is my list.

mvp Garnet

most improved player.. between zack randolph & carlos boozer..

defensive player of the year....

1. anderi Kirilinko

2. ron artest

sixth men in the league

1. antoine jamison

2. maurice taylor

3. bobby jackson.

nba champion between spurs and lakers...

Qac Qaac   

coach of the year

1. Jerry Sloan... utah, coach of the decade

2. Terry Porter

3. Jeff Bzdelik in Denver..

4. stan van gandi

You gotta luv the way capital H is running with his team.

If capital H was a sportscaster, I bet he would vote for all miami this year.

I agree with capital though, if there were such a thing as top 3 rookies, without a doubt I put wade in third place.

Lamar Odom is the most improved, and he is probably the top three candidates that the voters are considering, but we all knew odom had game since the beginning, just wasn't given the opportunity to shine like a real star(Due to a doomed franchise and his troubles on/off the court)

Voters going to have to consider that the fact that Odom was given a fresh star, fresh franchise, and the responsibility that comes with it, we were all expecting how Odom was going to react to all of that and he just showed what he was capable all along, which is being ODOM and playing ODOM game.

This is the same story line as T-mac back when he was with toronto, who knew what T-mac was capable off??? Everyone but the raptor franchise, they had a talent and somehow, they didn't know how to handle him, same with darius miles, maggiette, elton brand. These guys in the clipper line-up have so much to over, but there isn't a team who is willing to take the risk off getting them and hopefully succeeding. It's all faith when it comes to which team you will end up in the league, no matter how talented a player is.

About the sixth man choices some of you chose, d id someone go with Bobby Jackson???

Excuse me, are u not aware that bobby has been injured list for a while now, same with last year, bobby is healthy all through out the season but when he is really needed, injury takes over.

Bobby can't get the award, even though he deserved it for the longest time, he just hasn't played enough games this season to be worthy.

The choice that some of you made for a. jamison, good choice but not enough credit. Y'all gotta consider the fact that mavericks got all the talent th ey needed as far as shooters is concerned, and still managed to drop out for a while and finally gotten their act together.

Dallas hasn't had a complete success all year long, and just because antonie is playing, doesn't mean he will win it either.

In order for you to win a sixth man award, your team has got to be successful enough, that majority of it depended on the sixth man and he was a bigger part of it, and dallas managed to have a losing record to the away games to the miserable eastern conference????

This is ginobili year, he will take that over if al harrington doesn't win it.*(ginobili was playing a bigger role when duncan was nursing his injury, he managed to win games for the spurs without their franchise star and u still think a. jamison is gonna win it___)

SJ   

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: KG, he has been terrorizing the league all year long,.. he does it in all categories.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Melo, he took his team to the playoffs,

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER: Carlos Boo, I actually never though he would last this long in the league. :rolleyes: He got game.

COACH OF THE YEAR:........

SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR: Earl Boykins, he is overlooked mostly because of his height not because he lacks skills.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Bruce Bowen, well he does contribute offensively unlike Ben Waalan n he aint mad man like Ron. Remember, Spurs dont have to double team Kobe as long as Bowen is in the mix. He places invisible chains on Kobe’s entire offence.

Denver is in, i'm not longer fakers fan smile.gif

Yo Qac learn how to read i didnt give everything to da HEAT who did I pick as da MVP or as da Rookie of da year or as da defensive player of da year they asked a question and I responded to it as best as I could. I aint da type of person that changes his mind jus b/c everyone else thinks that way. What I'm tryin to say is I dont know bout u but me I aint no follower and I speak my mind

ahahahahh DA HEAT where them Raps at Qac and yo is Vince gonna be representin da raps this year at da lottery draft cause this trend y'all have is startin to get kinda borin. I thought this year was supposed to be their breakout year u know new coach new faces new jerseys and Vince's new xclusive shoes called da rebirth ahahahahahaah and by da way did y'all even beat da bulls ever since A.Davis and JYD got traded there sad ppl there like Charles Oakley said the ppl there would rather watch polo than da raps

remember Oakley said it not me i'm jus da messanger ahhahahhhhahahhahahhahaahahaah

da HEAT watch us tonite as we take on da Nets