Sign in to follow this  
The_Siren

Favourite Bollywood songs....

After the controversy of SOL sex files- or shall I call it the tear-gate scandal I have decided to retire from my life as a petty sex criminal. LOL In truth I’m a little disgruntled by the fact that I didn’t even get to be the leader of proper crime syndicate, or heavens forbid discuss anything truly scandalous..

But we shan’t dwell on it lest the men of this community come in here to lurk behind our curtains like the voyeurs they are to scratch themselves when our backs are turned, and then blame me for their self-inflicted excitement. I will not be blamed for the release of anyone’s sexual frustrations but my own!

Hehehe- Now, I sense that a change in topic is in order and I was going to create one last night but after a long hard day I really didn’t have the energy for it. But today? I am here….

So what better topic that to discuss but happy, giddy Hindis? YAY! (Wiggles her shoulders and shakes her tassels in the air) and NO they are not attached to what you think they’re attached to you filthy minded people so get your minds out of the gutter! (Giggles)

So…What is your favourite Bollywood song? By that I mean the one that makes you jump up and down with undisguised glee and happiness? I must confess I have many but Bole Chudiyan from the movie Khabie Kushi Kahbie Ghoom is probably the one that gets me dancing and giggling with girly happiness.

Sing it with me people “Leja leja, soniyeey leja leja” (It means fly away with me my love) Yes I know I am a hopeless and disgusting romantic but hell how on earth can a gal like me resist? Especially when a young Hrithik Roshan just looks delicious enough to eat! God he looks so cute…(allows her mind to wander into a naughty fantasy involving her Hrithik, Sharukhan, a cup of warm Indian tea and two strawberry donuts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw_QpPtFi3E

For those of you wondering who Hrithik Roshan is? Shame on you first and second he’s been dubbed the Michael Jackon of BollyWood and with moves like these it’s no wonder. He’s so flexible and jumpy a lady just cannot help but stare at his cheeky grin and flutter her lashes in want of his cute dimples. Oh just look at his cleft? So rugged so handsome, so hindi LOL-Thats right I'm not racist and generously love all kinds

hrithik_roshan_vogue.jpg

For a more poetically inspired and beautiful song I choose...Sajana- This song has seeped into my heart and has refused to let go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WXFma8Rg2I

This one is bitter sweet and corrupt in its guilty pleasure of a love denied. Yes I’m g@y and romantic get over it. LOL. It’s from the movie Devdas its called Maar daala (your love is killing me)- the video starts with some dude asking her to dance for him and she refuses until the one she loves Sharukh comes. He in turn loves another woman and thus her love goes unrequited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuhqwHnlAD0

LOL- Well I thought I'd lighten the mood and of course its cheesy, silly and hindified. Is that not the essence of Bollywood?

Besides its genderless. Glorified hindi's but genderless...

I thought you'd be happy now that I wasn't spewing sex on the seas. Bad phrasing I know, do ignore it.

Pucca   

*gag* i so hate indian movies and songs...but whats disturbing is you comparing an indian to michel jackson and thinking him sexy.

a pity, i was just starting to like you...if only you hadnt brought in india. *sigh*

^- LOOOL No doubt you'd prefer I was drooling over a Korean?

In truth I too was once cynical and detested the very thought of watching some cheesy Bollywood movie, I even Hrithik Roshan the very man I am exhibiting to be g@y and far too happy. But then I was captured by his glee, his joy and most of all his enthusiasm plus the music (shakes her hindi shoulders back and forth) LOL

I dare you watch a Hindi movie and NOT feel any tears in your eyes. I DARE YOU! ....lol

I'm off to bed now...I'm feeling sleepy again, plus I've missed enough of David Attenboroughs (spell) animal program this evening. Something about the Kalahari desert.

I used to be a bollywood fan once. Only watched one or two films in the last 5-6 years though. But coincidentally Hrithik Roshan starred in the last one I saw. He's very fit but awfully camp, guess that's just B'wood!

Pucca   

Teary? over an indian movie? heavens! im not moved by silly lines and cheap camera tricks...and i hate nothing more than their out of the blue songs. WHY IN HEAVENS IS THERE MUSIC EVERY 5MINUTES?!!

ps. i gotta give some credit to that dude in the cover, atleast he had the decency to shave. There's something very off about hairy folks...*no offense*

Aaliyyah   

lol the siren I get teary on almost every indian movie...I guess I've such soft heart. But, I agree w/ pucca abt the music in every 5 minutes, that gets to me and I literally forward it. I don't really have any favourite indian song.

salaam

Ibtisam   

*gag* i so hate indian movies and songs...but whats disturbing is you comparing an indian to michel jackson and thinking him sexy.

a pity, i was just starting to like you...if only you hadnt brought in india. *sigh*

I second this :( and I've never watched a hindi Movie, so can't comment either.

But I am glade to hear you are David Attenboroughs fan!! smile.gif Have you read his books?? Oh and his new collection is fab, I've been meaning to get it for a while now.

Cara.   

I've watched many hindi movies. Older sisters and cousins were demented about that crap. Of course more often than not I would ruin it for them by my constant whining about wanting to watch Star Trek instead, or pointing out all the ridiculous plot holes and laughing at the cheesy dialogue. I've had objects thrown at me, complaints to mom, I was accused of secretly watching the films beforehand (how else could I possibly know that the atoore will eventually triumph over the cartoony bad guys and get the girl :rolleyes: ).

Aaliyyah   

I was accused of secretly watching the films beforehand (how else could I possibly know that the atoore will eventually triumph over the cartoony bad guys and get the girl [Roll Eyes] ).

looooooooooooooool come on Cara. Not all indian movies the guy gets the girl for real but yeah most of them ...but that's the whole point after few tears abt all the obstacles and problems you have to have happy tears...

salaam

Miriam1   

The Siren SUPER SONG CHOICES....I would totally add Shahrukhan's new movie song Holi (sp) its so nice.

The plots might be predictable..but thats the beauty of it..who doesn't want a bit of certanity when your life is full of the unknown ! Its nice to fall into thier world for a bit and know that Evil looses and Good always wins. (ie..hot guy gets hot girl)

EDIT -- Now this is a classic

Tujhe dekha to - Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge

Ibti- Who doesn’t like old David but no I haven’t read any of his works just the usual TV viewings for me. I missed nearly all of last nights screening of the Kalari desert thing so I’ve promised myself that I shall watch it on BBC replay. Apparently the visuals and camera work was quite marvelous. I can’t wait to experience it myself. He has such a soothing voice one would find it very difficult to detest him. His wife? Is a lucky woman.

Also you’ve never watched a Hindi film? (shocked) my god woman you don’t know what on earth it is your missing! Lord I which you in real-life I’d have trapped you in my home and forced you to hours of BollyWood f

As for being hald hindi? LOL Hell I wish I were they have to be the most extravagantly romantic people I’ve ever had the fortune to read.

Lool@Cara- well of course the films are so bloody predictable- all BollyWood movies start with two kids who happen to be best friends or have some kind of relationship only to separate or grow up together to then fall in love. We know from the first second what’s going to happen who is going to end up with who but the intrigue isn’t in the destination of the film but in the story and how we arrive there.

I look forward to the songs if there from the producer/director Yash Chopra they are bound to be good.

It’s all about escaping into the g@yest world imaginable and emerging from it feeling happy and giddy, what could be more better that to finish a film jumping for joy and pretending to be a Punjabi drum player for the space of 3 seconds?

AT LAST! A kindred spirit in my obession! LOL

Hayam- Holi? What film is this? I haven’t come across it the last Hindi movie I watched was from the movie JODHA-AKHBAR- My lord was that movie a visual feast for the eyes!

Utterly masterful truly the colour the songs? The emotion the gorgeous cuteness of the couple? Ashwairaj and Roshan. Such a repressed love? *sighs* beautiful. I’m a sucker for tortured repressed Victorian love.

As for song choice? OMG Marvelous! God I love that song its such a blooming classic! (Goes to youtube to listen to it again)

Have you watched Kriish? And Fanaa?-These too were also wonderful!

Pucca- LOL God I remember I use to be just as cynical as you, let the cheesiness envelop you and sweep you off your feet. Stop this refusal damnation! (giggles)

Valenteenah- LOL Which film was that? And hell if you liked those ones you should try the classics.