Che -Guevara

Russia Invades Ukraine

Can't-have-their-cake-and-eat-it-too moment:

Mareykanka and the Zionist regime do commit war crimes carte blanche all the time. Plus they don't recognize the legitimacy of Den Haag court. Hence not supporting this incidental tweet nor do they want to delete it. 

Russia is well and truly bogged down in Ukraine. The Americans are providing the Ukrainians crucial intelligence from afar. 

Few days ago, Putin had the option to pull back and save face. Now, that option may not be available to him anymore. The Ukrainian armed with modern weaponry and guided from above with cutting edge intelligence are going after the Russians.  I predict, this will become a route, total route. 

What will Putin's faith be after this? My guess is that he will either face a Coup or commit suicide himself. There is just no way out for him from this. 

Russia waa ceebowday. This looks like a 3rd World country getting hunted down from above. 

Feel sorry for these young conscripts that were sent to their death.

Btw, this is what is left of the 40 mile long convoy. 

galbeedi   
1 hour ago, baala xoofto said:

Btw, this is what is left of the 40 mile long convoy. 

Since second world war, The Russians were always willing to take high casualty. Also, remember, the Ukranian army isn't a third world army, they have over 200,000 strong army with weapons manufactured at home.

Tanks are sitting ducks in a modern warefare. Most of us had watched the Iraq wat with a desert landscape and the best air power in the world-- the American navy and ait force--but in terms infantry and tanks Ukrane is formidable with thousands of tanks and artliery including drones. Having said that the Ukrainian nation is being destroyed slowly but surely with cruise missles and air bombardment.

THe Russians will soon circle Kyiv, move from south east and probably isolate the eastern regions. Yet, no one can deny the stif resistance of the Ukrainian army which is expected for the second largest country in Europe with modern army.

WE hope a truce could be arranged to salvage before Putin destroys Ukraine to the stone age. It is not fair to cheer the Ukrainins from behind while they are facing a ruthless enemy. Yesterday, for the first time a base in western Ukraine around the Polish border was hit with 30 cruise misilles killing 30 and wounding 130. It could get worse.

1 minute ago, galbeedi said:

Since second world war, The Russians were always willing to take high casualty. Also, remember, the Ukranian army isn't a third world army, they have over 200,000 strong army with weapons manufactured at home.

Tanks are sitting ducks in a modern warefare. Most of us had watched the Iraq wat with a desert landscape and the best air power in the world-- the American navy and ait force--but in terms infantry and tanks Ukrane is formidable with thousands of tanks and artliery including drones. Having said that the Ukrainian nation is being destroyed slowly but surely with cruise missles and air bombardment.

THe Russians will soon circle Kyiv, move from south east and probably isolate the eastern regions. Yet, no one can deny the stif resistance of the Ukrainian army which is expected for the second largest country in Europe with modern army.

WE hope a truce could be arranged to salvage before Putin destroys Ukraine to the stone age. It is not fair to cheer the Ukrainins from behind while they are facing a ruthless enemy. Yesterday, for the first time a base in western Ukraine around the Polish border was hit with 30 cruise misilles killing 30 and wounding 130. It could get worse.

The convoy dispersed and is surrounding the suburbs of Kyiv. They have been in the open for so long. Ukraine had every opportunity to decimate it.  

Russia will level Ukraine to the ground and divide the country into two using Dnieper River as the dividing line. They will try to take over all seaports including Odessa.  Of course, this will come at a price.

‘We burned our clothes to stay warm’: Somali details Ukraine exit

Al Jazeera on Tuesday spoke to Mustafa Mohamed, a 31-year-old Somali youth leader and student liaison officer after he managed to reach a reception centre in the Polish city of Przemysl, the closest to the main border crossing between Poland and Ukraine.

Below is Mustafa’s story, in his own words. His account has slightly been edited.

“I have lived in Ukraine for almost 10 years – I went there to study and have a degree in economic management. After I finished my studies, I decided to stay and find work. There is a growing African community with many students. I speak the language and decided to become a student liaison officer.

“Before the war, everything was normal and calm – people had smiles on their faces. But all that changed last Thursday. Sirens went off in my city, Vinnytsia [west-central Ukraine]. Then the sirens got more frequent, like every hour. We heard a very large noise and then panic set in. There is a military installation in the city, people say it’s an arms depot for the military. We heard it was targeted.

“I never imagined there would be war here; politicians talk and say things but most times they don’t act on it.

“After that huge blast, I knew I had to leave to save my life.

“There are many Somali students, some from Somalia and other Somalis from Western countries like the United States, UK, Sweden and Finland. Most study medicine. Those with Western passports were evacuated by their embassies before the war started. Those of us with Somali passports stayed because we had nowhere to go. On Thursday, we got together and decided to leave because it was no longer safe.

“There were no trains and there were many people trying to get on buses, on anything that was moving. Officials prioritised Ukrainians. All other nationalities got on public transport only after Ukrainians. We, Somalis, decided we were not going to wait because there are hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians also trying to leave to escape the war.

“We managed to hire small buses to take us to the Polish border.  They charged us more than the normal price.

“In total, there were 88 of us. We left on Friday. We put women and those who can’t speak the language on the first bus for safety reasons, because if anything went wrong, at least those of us who could speak Ukrainian could survive longer. Then the rest of us squeezed into the other two buses and made our way to the border.

“The shops were empty of food because everyone had rushed to get supplies. It was like the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, but this time the shelves were empty not because of a virus but because of war. ATMs also had a limit on the cash you could take out.

“The traffic to the border was unbearable. A drive that would normally take six hours took us almost two days. There were checkpoints on the road manned usually by two officers. We didn’t see any military convoys.

“When we were 50km (31 miles) away from the border, the traffic came to a halt. Vehicles were not moving at all. We got off and made our way by foot. I saw many elderly people and children struggling. Everywhere you looked, there were people and vehicles as far as the eye could see.

“When we arrived at the border, the situation was even worse. Guards were overwhelmed and they were shouting constantly. There was a lot of pushing and screaming. People were very stressed. There was no food. It was freezing cold and children were crying.

“Guards let through 600 people at a time. Ukrainians first, of course. They let in Ukrainian women and children first, then Ukrainian men. Their people were their priority, which I can understand. The rest of us waited for our turn. This upset many non-Ukrainians who were trying to cross the border.

“I crossed the border today [March 1]. We had nothing to eat while we were waiting. We survived on chocolate bars that we bought from the shops before we left. At night, it got even colder. Last night, it was so cold we burned some of our clothes and bags to stay warm. We had nothing else to make a fire out of.

“From the border, the Polish authorities took us by bus and brought us here [Przemysl reception centre]. It is warm. There is food, there are toilets and we can take showers.

“For the first time since Friday, I will sleep in a bed, a warm bed. I haven’t decided what I will do next. I just arrived. I’m from Hargeisa [northern Somalia] and people there say, ‘Indispensable during the dry season is grass.’ For sure, it is definitely safer back home than Ukraine today.”

- Aljasiira

The Russians are now resorting to "Battle-wagons" or in Somali lingua "Teknicals"  

The Ukrainian Army is much stronger today than before the war started. They have a lot more anti-tank weapons, anti-aircraft weapons, and surprisingly a lot more tanks - thanks to Russians. 

Russia needs to cut its loss and leave before it is too late. 

Ukrainians are going beyond their border now. The confidence is unmatched. 

Russia by all purposes is a spent force. I bet you that they will not even hold on to Eastern regions of Ukraine. 

galbeedi   

What we all forget is Ukraine was the most important nation within thev Soviet Union after Russia with modern earospace industry, neclear and other sectors. Some estimate even put 250,000 standing army and another 150,00 reserves. 

The American style of Iraq war was " shock and aw" bombing anything that moves. Look at Raqqa Iraq, nothingv is standing.  in Ukraine, the death toll isn''t even 1500 when you  count the civilians casualty , plus we have seen Ukrainian civilian protesting infront of the tanks with no fear of being shot. Millions of Ukrainians evaquated from east and south east went to Russia, what that tells you? you don't evaquate in an enemy territory.

This is a war among cousins. Yet, you are correct, the Ukraininas are making great damages and probably this stif resistance is forcing the Russians to change their earlier goals. Regime change in Ukraine is out of the question at the moment and occupying the second largest country in Europe is out of the question. 

You are correct that with all of NATO weapon stores opned wide for UKraine, Russia can't sustain this war for a long time. Even ERdogan said that Putin needs a face safing.

Tet, I  think the Russian primary goal of destroying Ukrainian military capability and infratructure is being achived with the destruction of bases, military instalations, command control buildings and equipment. It might take a decade or more for Ukraine to be back to where it was, while the threat of partition is laso looming. When they intially invaded, everyone was talking about Donbass and two republics who declared independence. By attacking Kiev, the Russians were probably expecting quick surrender.

Also, this Ukraine resistance gives smaller nations the hope of fighting for their independence within their soils. I remember when Ethiopia was attacking the Islamic courts, I told my friends that the war will take less than two weeks since it was involved none state actors.