baala xoofto

Somalia's (still forming) new parliament

Somaliland is competing with Europe in its conduct of elections and acceptance of its results. 

If only reer Somalia stop hating and start learning from us, they would have been in a better situation than they are today. 

In fact, the last 4 years has been the worse years since Siyad Barre's gov't was toppled. The mindset of the political actors is now one of zero-sum game (Cad yahaw ama ku cunay ama ku ciideeyay) - The worse kind of political discourse 

The President that will result (if at all)from this political bloodletting and division will have his work cut out from the first hour. 

It won't be easy as there is no more goodwill credits left in the bank. Waa sagxadda. 

Time for reer Somalia for reality check. The days of "Soomaaliyeey Toosoo" to unite whip the feelings of people is long gone. They need to come up with new ideas to build their country with. Those old mantra no longer cuts it. Hating on Somaliland no longer cuts it. 

Otherwise, just acknowledge and face the reality and live and let live side by side as equals in peace and harmony without one trying to rule over the other. 

No one hates Sland but we just refused to be lectured by secessionists whose idea of democracy is to take an entire week just to count a million votes while the party in power steals votes. You should thank Cirro for being a bigger man despite being robbed of his win.

11 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

No one hates Sland but we just refused to be lectured by secessionists whose idea of democracy is to take an entire week just to count a million votes while the party in power steals votes. You should thank Cirro for being a bigger man despite being robbed of his win.

Actually, we don't expect you to acknowledge anything regarding Somaliland. That task is given to those who have no horse or emotional attachment to it. i.e. International community etc. 

And by any measure of that, we are content of the reports and the recommendation to improving our process & conduct. 

That said, it is only to your own disadvantage to hate Somaliland and also to refuse to learn from our experiences, not the other way round. If you know what I mean. 

Also another thing I just seem to come across very often is the word 'Secessionist'. It doesn't really bother me or us. 

In fact, we have made the idea of 'Secessionist' fashionable. I wouldn't be surprised if some others start following our lead. 

The whole point is whether you are successful at what you do or if you fail. Simple. 

Secession has been fashionable way before Sland just like democracy which you seemed to think is an original thought from Hargeysa. The problem is Sland can't figure out how to secede. In fact, it took the least attractive path. It can't be Quebec or Scotland, two entities that were smart enough to sit down with opposite parties [Toronto and London] and allowed anti-secession groups to voice their intentions. It can't be Eritrea as it does not have the power to force Mogadishu. It can't be Kosovo or South Sudan as it does not have powerful nations that are willing to support its cause.

Sland is not even like Catalonia whose leaders thought they could just declare independence. And speaking of IC, Sland can try its best to sell this secession, but no sane nation will buy it. The best it will get is to be referred to AU, an organization whose members are not keen on secession.

Now, there are actual serious issues that Sland has the power to do something about, such as youth unemployment or employment in general, inflation, governance, real reconciliation with pro-unity clans, etc. Address these real issues, maybe then there is something you can teach. Till then, spare us your silly notions.

The issue with Somaliland's recognition is two folds

1. That it has no champion at global level. Never had it while it was struggling to free its country, never had it while rebuilding its country, never has it today. So that is a big headwind, specially when it comes to global forums like UN, AU etc. You have to have someone with considerable weight to advance your cause, diplomatically. 

2. Somaliland's other issue is Somalia itself. Somalia is a country that has totally failed and for 30 years has no credible government that can fully represent. The so called gov't in Villa Somalia today is nothing more than glorified NGO that has no much of relevance to Mogadishu's residents let alone the whole of Somalia. 

This makes Somaliland's case very unique and very different from the cases you have mentioned in your post. 

You said that 'no sane nation will buy it", but the truth is no nation wants to be seen as taking advantage of Somalia's darkest hour. That guilt feeling is overshadowing Somaliland case. 

Which why the default position of these countries is for Hargeisa and Mogadishu to settle their issue together. 

Somaliland has a strong case - acknowledged by both the African Union and a number of key countries. But no one wants to be the first, everyone wants to be the second or next nation to recognise Somaliland. 

It seems the IC is finally getting it. That there is no hope in Somalia. And that Somaliland should not be held hostage to the continuous political failures and the never-ending quagmire that is South Somalia. 

The day of reckoning is very soon. 

3. Unlike the other Secession states, Somaliland has been devastated by the war. It has to start from nothing. And (this relates to point 1) there has been huge shortage of funding to get anything started. Everything you see today is built from the ground with shoe-string budget. Hence, the other secession states have had a better economy, better links and better position to start the case from. 

This is just tip of the issues... there is more. 

Muse biixi didn’t steal any elections he won fair and squir as the observers told also his party lost the last parliamentary elections they lost the. Majority vote in parliament  so tell me. Where do they feed u these lies 

On 2/16/2022 at 7:44 AM, Che -Guevara said:

I think MMA is saying he knows what secessionists believe and hope in regards to the South hence any discussion is pointless. Besides, what's there to discuss that was not mentioned by other secessionists.

Che, now you see how he is slowly coming out little by little, step by step. I knew from day one howshiisa iyo meesha uu u socdo after two decades of experience in here SOL with failed movement that is Waqooyi secessionism. They start googling all negative stories about the south of the country, while bringing at the same time all best of Hargeysa and the triangle. A leopard never changes its spot.

1 hour ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Che, now you see how he is slowly coming out little by little, step by step.

In high school I watched a film called "What is eating Gilbert Grape", it was part of our English unit. It is starred by non other than Leonardo DiCaprio ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What's_Eating_Gilbert_Grape)

It is a classic film. None the less, your fixation about what I am posting here reminds me of that film.

I would suggest you take a chill pill and just comment where you may and skip where you may not. You will have a very fulfilling life if you do that. 

Btw the what I post here is current news. Unfortunately all headline news from South Somalia is on the negative side. 

Ma anaa suudaanta keenay? maxaa iigu cadho burburaysa?  

Let me update this:

1. Clueless  

2. Careless  

3. Those with "Blinkers" on  

We now have the 4th group.

4. The NISA Group - In the film Matrix - these are The Agents. Fahad Yassin's Agents. This group is cashed up to the teeth and they will not stop at nothing in getting their way to the top leadership of the Parliament. 

image.png.10c4469258f221e254cfc3bc2c300ca8.png

Like I said previously, the Fraud Group, those who represent no one but their back pockets, have actually performed very well when you compare it with the other groups. 

At the start of this whole farce, if I was a betting man, I would have thought the Fraud Group would be the last to finish. This is a group that has no credibility, no leadership (as far as legitimate leadership is concerned), no powers backing... it is all individuals that all have $$$ in their mind. Naturally this would be the group with the most squabbles; So one would have assumed. 

They have just concluded their s/election process with a number of day to go until the dead line. Which is not a small feat, considering all the other groups are in logger heads and it will take a herculean effort for them to finish their lists. 

At least, lets congratulate the Northerners for at least showing the Southerners how to do it even in their own farcical s/election processes. 

I am very sure the International Community members must be scratching their heads on why those from North are more organised and seem to conduct their affairs better than those counterparts in the South?

It is a field for study really. 

---------------------

HIIRAAN.COM

Isniin, Febraayo, 21, 2022 (HOL) - Saddexdii xildhibaan ee ugu dambeeyay ee doorashada xildhibaannada gobollada Waqooyi ee golaha Shacabka, ayaa maanta doorashadooda lagusoo...

Arafaat   
On 2/22/2022 at 1:22 AM, baala xoofto said:

Like I said previously, the Fraud Group, those who represent no one but their back pockets, have actually performed very well when you compare it with the other groups. 

At the start of this whole farce, if I was a betting man, I would have thought the Fraud Group would be the last to finish. This is a group that has no credibility, no leadership (as far as legitimate leadership is concerned), no powers backing... it is all individuals that all have $$$ in their mind. Naturally this would be the group with the most squabbles; So one would have assumed. 

They have just concluded their s/election process with a number of day to go until the dead line. Which is not a small feat, considering all the other groups are in logger heads and it will take a herculean effort for them to finish their lists. 

At least, lets congratulate the Northerners for at least showing the Southerners how to do it even in their own farcical s/election processes. 

I am very sure the International Community members must be scratching their heads on why those from North are more organised and seem to conduct their affairs better than those counterparts in the South?

It is a field for study really. 

---------------------

HIIRAAN.COM

Isniin, Febraayo, 21, 2022 (HOL) - Saddexdii xildhibaan ee ugu dambeeyay ee doorashada xildhibaannada gobollada Waqooyi ee golaha Shacabka, ayaa maanta doorashadooda lagusoo...

Ina Somaliland ku aaminisid demoqraadiyad la garay, laakinse ma waxa leedahay  Somalilanderskii Mogadishu joogay macaa wee dhamaan reer koonfur? 🤣