baala xoofto

Somalia's (still forming) new parliament

25th of February is the the dead line by which the International Community has set to completion and election of a new President in Somalia. This parliament (inta magac parlaam sheegta xaal qaado)  has become complete farce and holds number #1 spot for corruption, discredited process, lack of an iota of integrity,  totally being closed race.  

So far the selected individuals who have become Parliamentarians in Somalia could be categorised as:

1. Clueless - majority of women fall into this category - they are there for the money only and couldn't care less if they are asked to vote to sell their own children to the lowest bidder. 

2. Careless - These are majority from Somaliland, they couldn't care less whatever happens. 

3. Those with "Blinkers" on - These are majority men who are selected for their unreserved obedience to key players in the Presidential race. 

It is a parliament bereft of brains, ideas or vision. 

From the old Somali adage: Hal xaaran ah, nirig xalaal ah ma dhasho.

The photo below sums it all up. If you ever heard of candidate getting 100% of the votes. The below candidate not only secured 100% but also the vote of his own opponent. 

image.png.f3a35cc1cdb95d8985697a50ddbe5450.png

Haye Mr. Secessionist, you want koonfurta Soomaaliya to fail yaah? You are not the first secessionist that wishes this on this site in the last two decades. Join the long list of failed secessionists' wishes. Runta maala isku sheego.

Instead of calling him out mma why not adres what adressed with what he said which part do u disagree do u think a new president can be selected in what ten days  this is a long process obviously I won’t say democracy has failed in Italian Somalia how ever  it remains a very slow slow process 

Not too sure what has triggered him. I will pass.

Here are some reports - almost identical title, same issues - just years changed.

UN Feb 2022 Somalia, at Critical Juncture, Must Have International Support in Order to Hold Overdue Elections, Restore Stability, Briefers Tell Security Council

UN Aug 2020 SOMALIA AT A CRITICAL JUNCTURE, AS FEDERAL, STATE LEADERS, MEET TO BREAK ELECTION IMPASS

I could probably dig deeper and the same reports could be found in any given year since 1991. Somalia has never left the "critical juncture', what other see a alarming situation, it is business as usual. 

I think MMA is saying he knows what secessionists believe and hope in regards to the South hence any discussion is pointless. Besides, what's there to discuss that was not mentioned by other secessionists.

What do the secessionist possibly gain. From walanweyns killing each other what ever the secessionist achieved was on their own terms the past three decades it’s never on the back of others. Besides why can’t Somalilanders have an opinion or a say what happens in Somalia a government that claims somaliland and it’s people that a bit unfair isn’t it 

8 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

I think MMA is saying he knows what secessionists believe and hope in regards to the South hence any discussion is pointless. Besides, what's there to discuss that was not mentioned by other secessionists.

Sounds like you guys have a chip of sorts on your shoulders. Chill dude. There is a lot to discuss about everything that is going on. Including anything that has already been discussed. 

On 2/15/2022 at 12:44 PM, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Instead of calling him out mma why not adres what adressed with what he said which part do u disagree do u think a new president can be selected in what ten days  this is a long process obviously I won’t say democracy has failed in Italian Somalia how ever  it remains a very slow slow process 

You're are an old dog Xaaji. Speak your mind.

As the most corrupted overly delayed s/election process approaches dead line, the IMF which is the largest donor to the Federal Gov't in Somalia, has declared that it will be withdrawing its support from May 2022. 

The IMF/WorldBank donations is the lifeblood of Somalia's Federal Gov't and without it, things will grind to a halt

Meanwhile both Beledweyn and Bosaso s/election process is getting deadly and bloody. Bombs went off in both towns and a number of casualties reported. The situation is very tense. 

Jubaland is counting the minutes and hours as the deadlock there gets more tense. 

We are approaching the business end of this farce of all farcical elections. 

Just to round off this farce, the so called Somaliland MPs seem to be the only ones that are actually conducting anything that is resembling of a free and fair s/election process. 

What a wonderful world we are living in, when the fraudsters that represent no one but their back pockets actually become the most well behaved and well organised group. 

16 minutes ago, baala xoofto said:

Just to round off this farce, the so called Somaliland MPs seem to be the only ones that are actually conducting anything that is resembling of a free and fair s/election process. 

What a wonderful world we are living in, when the fraudsters that represent no one but their back pockets actually become the most well behaved and well organised group. 

Really, secessionist? What was this:

Anyway, Soomaaliya hore ayee u socotaa, regardless how aad maalin walba useless habaar ula daba socotid. Your dusty tuulo will remail dusty and aqoonsiless regardless. 

By all means I have zero respect for the fraudsters, but just observing what I see as an individual who has no dog in this rat race. 

And of course I totally understand that nothing in Mogadishu or South Somalia is smooth. But in the grand scheme of things, the fraudsters are the closest to anything that resembles as free & fair s/election as a group. 

galbeedi   
On 2/14/2022 at 8:45 PM, baala xoofto said:

It is a parliament bereft of brains, ideas or vision.

I agree. I don't expect anything good from these corrupt people. Some had their maid and private driver compete against them.

Somalia ma dhawa.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

4 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

I agree. I don't expect anything good from these corrupt people. Some had their maid and private driver compete against them.

Somalia ma dhawa.

They should have asked Muuse Biixi how to steal an election with some semblance of legitimacy.