Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Public service Excellence...Fawzia Yusuf nominated!

RedSea   

Recognition for public service: Fawzia Y. Adam

her picture. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hadhwanaag 2007-09-17 (Hadhwanaagnews) A BUSINESS woman from Hayes has been nominated for an award for her achievements in the public service sector.

Fawzia Yusuf Adam, of Station Road, has been chosen as one of 18 finalists, having beaten off competition from more than 6,000 nominees, who have been recognised for their contributions to the British Asian community.

Nominated for the Public Service Excellence Jewel Award, Fawiza is the founder and director of RAAD International, based in Blyth Road, Hayes, which works with refugees and migrants in the UK to give them advice and information on employment and education.

She said: "To be recognised for the work I have done feels long overdue. I have helped more than 20,000 people in Hillingdon since I set up the company 11 years ago.

"I was originally from Somalia, and when I came to this country 12 years ago, I had a lot of difficulty getting work, so I have used my past experiences to help other people in the same situation as me."

Fawzia has also represented the government of Somalia in Europe, and is a member of Bill Clinton's Foundation Global Initiative, a group which promotes a global approach to problem solving throughout the world. And she is the first African ever nominated in this prestigious award.

Fawzia was a candidate in last Somaliland presidential election and is the founder of Hargeisa University.

Ahmed Nasir Jibril, The managing editor of HadhwanaagNews said that Somaliland Media congratulates Fawzia Adam's extra ordinary achievements. "We hope other Somalilanders would follow Fawzia's foot steps. She is truly a role model for our generation", he added.

Source: Hadhwanaagnews London Office and Local London Media

Paragon   

Glad to see a Hayes (my old homestead) woman getting the award. Not that I would say I am in good terms with Fawzia - had a bit of a disagreement with her once but that doesn't negate her valuable work for the community. Heck she even came to my rescue one time when I had an academic beef with my former uni. Thanks Fawzia :D .

Congrats to her and the crew in both Southall and Hayes branch, namely Ibrahim (mheshimiwa).

If anyone deserves an award such as this then it is her, Fawzia.

Originally posted by Paragon:

Glad to see a Hayes (my old homestead) woman getting the award. Not that I would say I am in good terms with Fawzia - had a bit of a disagreement with her once but that doesn't negate her valuable work for the community. Heck she even came to my rescue one time when I had an academic beef with my former uni. Thanks Fawzia
:D

Congrats to her and the crew in both Southall and Hayes branch, namely Ibrahim (mheshimiwa).

If anyone deserves an award such as this then it is her, Fawzia.

Congrra to fowzia xaji adan, but xijaab next time - is must, as CC girl put it.

Paragon,

why i dont see ya when Hayes was your homestead, I was in Northolt, but hayes at that time was all-white neighbourhood, it was early 90s, station raod Mcdonalds was my sit-in-cafe. good times bay ahaydwaaga, runtii, intaan la gaboobin.

Adeerow berisamaad waa badanaye, nolol ah ka badadtay :D