Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Cooking for that special nite!!!

Hibo   

Well!! Since most of us agree that.. when u cook for ur love.. it kind of adds little spice to the already deliciously steaming sensation. So here is ur chance to post ur recipes so that we can all learn from each other!

Here is my secret recipe to an extraodinary dinner that is quiet easy to prepare!! Rice is my call

Ingredients for sauce:

2 green onions

5 baby carrots

1 green peppers

1lb boneless salmon fish

1 can of tomato sauce

1 celery

1 potato

2 teaspons of cummin powder ( in other words xawaash)

Preparation:

Peel n chop the potates, then boil them.

While the potates r boiling, chop everthing else into small pieces except the fish.

When the potates r cooked, add little oil,, I prefer olive oil, but vegetable oil works as well. Add the green onions, stir fry them for a while. Then add the tomato sauce and the xawaash/cummin powder. Works great with the curry powder as well.

Now add the rest of the choped vegetables.

Let them cook for a while. Now chop ur fish into reason size. Add this as well. leave it on the stove for a while, stirring only once or twice. Make sure u use a medium heat. at the end u can leave it on the stove with warm heat... so as to have it little warm. Hey don't u forget the salt.. to ur taste..

Ingredients for rice:

6 pieces of cardominum( or heel in somali)

6 pieces of dhago yare( don't know what they call in english)

2 pieces of chicken bourogh( maggi)

1.5 cups of rice

1/2 teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning.

Preparation:

Pour little oil into the digsi. Add cardominum, dhageyare, maggi n the lemon pepper seasoning. Stir for a while. Then add the rice. When they have all fried for aminute add 2.5 cups of water. bring it to boil. Then put the rice in the oven with the temperature set to 350 degrees.

Dessert: Next post... I gotta bounce now... but works gr8 with ice cream or fruits!

Abdinuur   

YOU ARE SO AWESOME HIBO...thanx a lot. This helps a lot...

Ladies...keep postin' 'em recipes cuzz I gotta learn ya'll.

Not to cook for casho or zeynab or what have you...but for me damn it...lol...one luv

Xafsa   

Naayaa hiboooy ma nooshahay? Why aint you back in school yet???????

You gotta teach me how to cook rice soem day..I never get it right!!

Abdinuur...wah xasidsanidaa? Naagaha masaakiinta wax kasii nooh.

Its all good if you cook for yourself....

Salaan...

Hibo:

Sister, all of that are unneccesary. I am telling you. Simply put, those would keep the night to be smooth and cheap:

Baaquli buuxo oo Canbuulo Galeey eh.

Koob Caano Garoor eh. Iyo Caano Geel, too.

After the 'kaanbiyo' kuwaan aa lagu sii wadaa:

Soor abuu Caano Lo wadato.

Miinshaari.

Shaah abuu cadees kuwada jiraan dhamaan wixii oo dhan--qurfa iyo heel, sanjabiil, dhago yaro, etc.

Macsalaama!!

Jaber   

Bless you Hibo,nope,I remember re-naming u to Hooyo-Hibo,so from now on am going to adress u as Hooyo-Hibo.If u don't mind?

Your bariis recipe is great,unfortunately,am a very lousy chef to be honest,I bought this cooking book a while ago and its still setting on the shelf,after so many unsuccesful attempts at it,I decided to give it a rest and eat out,this way I don't have to burn the kitchen down or food-poision myself!

What other alternatives,does a nomad bachelor have?...Dating women who cook,this might seem selfish but its the wise,realistic option for someone like me,so I date this sister,hoping that I will finally get a chance to swim in a pool of bariis,pasta,sanoonad,hilib,falfal,xalwo,etc,etc,....Unlucky me,I hooked up with an inspiring Somali model(and gosh do we have many of'em nowadays???),who starved and me with her in the process!!..This girl,and I mean literally,lived on Yogurt,salad,water and ocassionally she'll cook this bariis qarax and expect me to eat it!!

Out of niceness and gentleness,I would shove down that bariis down my throat with a big smile on my face,deep-down saying"Allah Kariim".

I hope,the GenerationX of our women pick up few tips from the likes of Hooyo-Hibo and their mothers,so,WE-CAN-EAT-PROPER-FOOD!!

lol@MMA........... Damn you!, Calool xanuun aa ku ridee walaahi...Canbuula aa?...No thanks! smile.gif

lol@ Jaber.... I think a Nomad has other Options too, that is if he is not being selfish! and one of 'em is Trying to Learn how to cook!! for instance say you got married and all of a sudden mrs.Jaber got sick or something and she can no longer cook... What will happend then? Cuz technically you have to feed her and by that I don't mean Fast food! What I mean is to cook....for that reason alone and some others too, I think the Nomad-male Needs also to learn how to cook!.....If not for Xawo? for his own good then.

Practice makes things perfect...I wouldn't suggest a book but I would recommend that you ask some Somali women to teach you how to cook a simple Bariis with Suugo or Pasto and Suugo..Even Laxoox or canjeelo is Easy! Walaahi...you will probably make a mistake or two but eventually you will get it!

Hibo Thx for the recipe...Plz do write more easy one's!

Ma'salaama

Hibo   

Abdinuur: My pleasure all the way bro....

Xafsa: I am at school sis... my extension is 1934.. right next to lucky's is where I reside... I will inshallah give u a call.. I looked for u at Stompers but no avail.. maybe tomorrow will be better luck! Hey walahi I am serious gabar.. iga faa'ideyso.. i am good at cooking!!!

MM: My Goodness... Cambuulo aa... adi iyo atariishada suusaasungal maa isku bacdhaweysiin hee... macbuudkow... is naashnaashid ma jireeso... musqulahaa isku dagaaleesiin walaahi.. si aan inaba caadin aheyn... abaa warkaada ima galinee... iga durugbo.. .ga'ne iga siiso... smile.gif

Jaber: lol... that is what u get for trying to get with a skinny sister.. .look for some flesh.. like the nomads used to do.. for crying outloud... since when did.. Nomads.. begin to see.. being skinny as beautiful... last time I remember.. skinny sisters were considered.. ones with TB...mise anaa si kale u fahmay?

LF: Gabar.. u guys r supposed to share u cooking skillz as well... so shoot!!

Salaan...

Faaduma and Hiboos:

Com' on. Canbuulo calool xanuun lee ma'ahee. See camal hee. Walaahi, aboosto waaye nooh. Ogoow kii cuno inii habeenkaas meesha 'diyeesha {10}' ka noqonaayo. smile.gif Oh, man, how I missed it. Oh, those days I am enjoying it since I moved to this new house with a family and sometimes it is cooked in here. Yeah, before that I used to miss it. Not anymore.

Macsalaama!!

Buubto   

Maskiin

Canbuulo aaaaaaaaah, especially nightka disaster night maa ka dhigee see camal. Non-stop kanooni lee waqtiga lagu dhamenaa. Sidii sacuudiyiinta camal inta dabada kor loo jeediyo oo kanooniga lagamo ayaa ladhahaa mansha Allah mabruuk. Marka sheekada kanooniga gam habalyo halagu dhaho, lee maa cashada loogabaxa duqa? Yasalaam habenkaas guriga uunsi beelo ayaa lagu shiday rolleyes.gif

Hibo sis nice recipe. Great idea insha Allah mine is on the way I will write it as soon as I get some spare time.

Honesita   

looooooooooooool@Hibo......sistah walaahi u made my day......i was just havin' one of those really really bad days.....!!! Ama go home and honestly try that.......i have not cooked at home since Ramadankii......mama has a diff. attitude with me nowadayz so i betta start bein' good right....!!! Anywayz....about the skinny sistaz with TB...damn that was funny......but xaraam caleeki habo.....have u seen Queens of Comedy.....tell me what u think of it when u see it...!!

On a second thought.....i cant cook it today.....cuz i dont have salmon fish....i dont even know where to get it.....!!! And if i do cook it......i'm gonna eat it....and if i eat it.....more fat acid.....i'm not cookin' nada.....stop temptin' me GABAR...!!!

Salaamz

P.S. dhagayare in english is simply Small Ears...lol...!! What was so hard about that..!!!

Hibo   

Loooooooool... Habo......Walaahi that was funny... small ears he... lol...

Unix: If u live in MN.. I will certainly satisfy ur hunger... that is something easy...beleive it!!!

Salaan...

Unikis:

Do not miss this opportunity offered by Hibo. Com' on. Or may I go for you? Just a representive from you would be fine, I believe. smile.gif Hibo, anina qaabilaada waa ku jiraa ma'ahoo? smile.gif Eeh, naga daa hee. Casuumada Unikis kaliya lee miyaa. Garabeeshin aas ka socoto ma'ahoo mahaan. Bas waaye ani canbuuladeey aas iskaga noqohaa hee, iyadaaba abal jig iyo jug igu dhaheysay nooh.

Macsalaama!!

Hibo   

MMC: waraa.......adi maa lagu soo dhaweyneyn... adi widaagey aa ba tahayee.....give me a ring...hadaad Mn soo gaartid... special evenings

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Salaan...

Hibooy:

Allaheey Alla. Minneapolis aah. Maku jiri ani. Mahaas canbuulo ma u imaanaayi ee wax kale ma sheegtidoo hee. smile.gif Ar inaay beentey waaye ee arlaadaas waa usoo socdaa ee adi lakiin birimo, sugunto, teerso tembo waa nugu xusee ma'ahoo? Ar saas dheh yaqeey ariirta. Birimo tembo qamadi waaye; sugunto tembana babaay waaye; teersana waxaa waaye koostar. wink.gif Calool xanuun kafaayo aa la raadsanaa nooh.

Macsalaama!!