Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

Podgy Pets

Faheema.   

Podgy pets could weigh down your finances

By Damian Clarkson, EveryInvestor.co.uk

August 08 2007

Over a third of UK cats and dogs are now obese, if your pet is one of them you could be liable for huge vet bills – even if you are insured.

According to research by Sainsbury’s Bank, around 2.72 million dogs and 2.87 million cats are losing the battle of the bulge, and their health is suffering as a result. What many people don’t know is that fat pets may not be covered by existing pet insurance and the effects of obesity can be serious.

Overfed, obese animals often suffer from diabetes, osteoarthritis and other conditions that require a long-term course of veterinary treatment and their life expectancy can also be reduced dramatically, explains Sainsbury’s pet insurance manager Claire Moyles

“Many pet owners may like to treat their animals with food and snacks intended for human consumption, but they must be aware of the detrimental effect this can have on their pet’s health. Treats such as chocolate can not only lead to obesity but when ingested in large amounts can even have serious effects on an animal’s pancreas and heart.”

:D:D

Source

-Lily-   

Because no one should be domesticated and made dependant when it was their God-given right to roam the world freely.

Plus, too much work.

Faheema.   

EDIT...

How come you rarely see a Fat pet with Fat owner or vise verser?

[ August 10, 2007, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Mademoiselle ]

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Because no one should be domesticated and made dependant when it was their God-given right to roam the world freely.

Plus, too much work.

Dogs & Cats are not wild animals.

Fabregas   

I always though about getting a parrot and try teaching it Somali.....

Anway what is with Somalis dogs....most are dead scared of dogs?

Chimera   

As a kid i used to have this thick book that i never returned to the library(moved to a different city) with like 400 pgs about this fat cat called Garfield lmao the dude was so lazy caadi ma'aha cracked me up

Ariadne   

put those portly pets on the BARF ( biological, animal, raw food diet)

We use to do this in Somalia without the existance of pet foods. ( which contain taited gluten from China)