Sign in to follow this  
ANTARA

Mo Farah wins splendid 10,000m gold for Britain at European

Originally posted by Nassir:

Mo Farah, the new Abdi Bile Abdi. The only difference is he represents his new adopted country.

Please refrain from insulting the Legend of Somalia Abdi Bile Abdi. :mad:

Abdi Bile Abdi carried the hope of an entire nation when he won, he represented SOMALIA at a global level, Mo- farah showed off a flag that is unknown to 99% of the Somali people. So please don't ever compare the two, evidently there is no competition.

^^LOL 99% are you serious.

Anyway on a different note. Bile was the more accomplished athlete. A true world beater and a world champion. He rose to the top of his field. So in that respects there is no comparison.

Ibtisam   

Your facts are still off dear.

Archdemos, strange you say that, Bile only competed in 8 or 9 competitions at global level, with 5 medals (include 2 gold) in 15yrs. By athletic standards compared to the Kenyans, Ethiopians.

Mo already has 4 Medals in two years.

He is faster and has better endurance than bile (this is obviously due to change diet, progress in athletics world and training support)

Bile could have been great but injury and poor training meant he missed good five years after he won gold in 1989 and he was never as good again.

^^agreed, however Bile won the world championships, which is only second to the Olympics itself. Farah is a hardworking athlete and a likable guy; however he is currently a medium sized fish in a small pond. He is ranked in the 20 something in the world. He didn’t even qualify for the finals in Beijing. He has room to improve though, so you never know what the future could hold for him. Bile mixed it with the best and won. Farah has yet to do so.

Polanyi   

^^ True. In athletics, it is widely believed Bile would have won more medals, including the olympics, were it not for his injuries. When he did compete, he beat the best of the bunch( Africans weren't really dominating during his era).

Ibtisam   

Archdemos, He mixed with the best in his time, which meant absent Ethiopians and the Kenyan long distance that currently dominate athletics.

All the talent that currently athletics has was not present during those years.

But he had raw talent, but the times posted by him are slower than Mo's.

Mo has a long way to go before he can challenge the other East Africans! But he works hard, so maybe 2012 he will get Bronze or something (improve on his 6th last time)

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

^^ True. In athletics, it is widely believed Bile would have won more medals, including the olympics, were it not for his injuries. When he did compete, he beat the best of the bunch( Africans weren't really dominating during his era).

By the all mighty, did Karl just post something I agree with?

Comparing Abdi bile to Mo-farah is like comparing Jane Austen to J.K Rowling. Perhaps before we dwell on him let him make it to the olympics. :D

easy now GaroweGal. no need to hate on the fella just because he from Somaliland. yes you know the self declared defacto state North west of Garowe.

so what your from Puntland, the guy is Somali first and you should support him regardless of which region he hails from. if there was a runner garnering headlines from Puntland, i would be proud of him and i'll claiming him, because he is a SOMALI first. :D

RedSea   

Interesting analysis Ibtisam. I took away more from your post then from the bitter ramblings of certain gal in here. For that we thank you and by we I mean just me and my other alter ego. :D

^disgraceful human being that Mo farah.

There is time and place for everything and bringing politics to the track and field is distasteful to say the least.

Not an adult moment in secession-land@Ibti.

How come you know so much about Mo Farah and dont say becuz you have build-in interest in track and field.............as I wont hear of it.