Sign in to follow this  
Biixi

Ayan hirsi ha ka saarto

Biixi   

Threatened MP ordered out of secure home

AMSTERDAM — Liberal Party MP Ayaan Hirsi Ali has been ordered to vacate the high-security home she is renting in The Hague within four months.

An appeal court sided with her neighbours who complained her presence put their own safety at risk and caused disruption to their lives. Justice Minister Piet Hein Donner broke the news of the court decision at an EU meeting in Luxembourg on Thursday.

Somali-born Hirsi Ali is known as a critic of aspects of Islam and she went into hiding in November 2004 when filmmaker Theo van Gogh was murdered. They had finished work shortly before his murder on Submission, a short film about the ill-treatment of women under Islam.

Hirsi Ali and fellow MP Geert Wilders spent several months in hiding in secret locations due to death threats made against them because of their stance on Islam. "I think this is dreadful, horrible to have to move. I am happy living here and I feel safe," Hirsi Ali said in response to the judgement.

The neighbours lost their case initially but they won on Thursday when an appeal court accepted Hirsi Ali's presence meant they no longer felt safe in their own apartments or in the communal areas of the complex. The court ruled that is contravened Article 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights which guarantees respect for a person's private and family life.

The Dutch State had contravened these rights by moving to the apartment complex without seeking their consent and without taking measures to diminish the neighbours' valid fears, the court said.

Justice Minister Donner said he is considering appealing the decision to the Supreme Court "otherwise it will create difficulties for the protection of various people".

The neighbours said in a statement that their court action had not been directed against Hirsi Ali personally, but against the State for exposing them to danger.

Doesn't this make her a terrorist

Baluug   

Originally posted by Biixi:

"I think this is dreadful, horrible to have to move. I am happy living here and I feel safe," Hirsi Ali said in response to the judgement.

She should've thought about the consequences of her actions before she opened her ugly mouth.

^^Dude, killing someone who hasn't harmed anyone is wrong. No two ways about it. Note I'm not excusing her or letting her off the hook for her misdemeanor.

I agree with residents, her presence does endanger their lifes. What if a car bomb is rammed into the compound, you can bet many unintended innocents will perish. The risks of her stay out number the benefits, they should kick her out. I would.

Baashi   

She is still in the news huh! I agree with SB I wouldn't like to be in the same neighborhood with Ayan.

In any event, she hada coming... There is always a price to be paid when you actively campaign against the interest of millions of people not to mention badmouthing what billion people around the world hold to be the divine revelation of the Almighty.

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

We shouldnt waste our precious brain cells on issues such as this.

Some of us have so much phosphorous in our braincase, that we shine brightly in total darkness... did you consider that? icon_razz.gif

Guhaad   

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

We shouldnt waste our precious brain cells on issues such as this.

well taken! :cool:

Wiilo   

It is only the begining of a long consequences she will be facing in her lifetime....

Like many of you said we should not waste our mind/time talking about this egnorant human being...

Go figure:..................