Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

Khalij Arabs being warned about their current ways..

This is Hamza Yusuf warning the Khalij arabs about their wicked ways they (mostly) treat people today may come back to haunt them when the oil runs out. I like the example of Indians working hard at their feet today might become their bosses tomorrow (tilkal ayaamu nudaawiluhaa bayna naas, Allahu akbar). And the way things are going today, that doesn't seem that far fetched.

If the clip is too long for you, just watch between 07:00 - 08:30.

Boy, oh boy! Have they been warned.

Are we gonna be judgemental now, huh? You've few comments made about him being sufi, and all of a sudden you making him to be a kufaar, huh?

Beware ku lahaa? how about this, 'listen to the lecture delivered, take the best of it, and leave the rest'.

Haatu   

Who said he is a Kufr? Who said he is a Sufi. I just gave you advice. Like you said, 'take the best of it and leave the rest.'

Pardon me, but all of your 'advice' was no advice. What does 'beware of who you....' mean?

I would rather leave all of it, in this case.

Haatu   

It just means make sure you take your religion from people who you're confident that they won't corrupt your belief. That's all. No malice intended sxb smile.gif .

ANTARA   

I spent an hour listening to him and it was time well spent even though it was meant for school kids :D

Bilaal is boring and he is no match for Sheikh Hamza Yusuf.

Originally posted by Haatu:

Beware of who you take your religion from.

It seems like we have a sheikh here? YaSheikh, shouldn't you be logging off SOL to preach??

And why take the religion from someone you feel confident about , when you can learn the deen for yourself? :confused:

Ayaan Hirsi in a recent interview said this:

"Muslims as individuals - and each and every research shows that people who identify themselves as Muslim don't know very much about what's in the Koran.

They don't know very much about what the Prophet Mohammed said. They've only been taught you've got to obey the Koran and what the Prophet Mohammed said, and they're both infallible - the book is infallible, the Prophet is infallible - the founder of Islam. "

Ummm, I think I agree with her how much do we truelly know about our religion?

Ibtisam   

Huh? :confused: Of course the Quran and what the prophet PBUH (providing the he said them) are infallible.

Ayaan Hirisi knows nothing about anything aside from manipulating the media.

Hamza yusuf like so many other shikes is really good in one aspect and shaky on others. The rule of thumb is Spiritual, soul and iman related issues, Sufi scholars have it on lock down and you could benefit greatly from their books and lectures.

And why take the religion from someone you feel confident about , when you can learn the deen for yourself?

Unless you think God is talking to you directly, you have to get your knowledge from someone. Books (written by someone or group) Hadith (narrated and written by different people, authorised by another) Quran, Tasfir by who? how why and when rulings or surah was ordain.

Haatu   

Originally posted by GaroweGal:

quote:Originally posted by Haatu:

Beware of who you take your religion from.

It seems like we have a sheikh here? YaSheikh, shouldn't you be logging off SOL to preach??

And why take the religion from someone you feel confident about , when you can learn the deen for yourself? :confused:

Ayaan Hirsi in a recent interview said this:

"Muslims as individuals - and each and every research shows that people who identify themselves as Muslim don't know very much about what's in the Koran.

They don't know very much about what the Prophet Mohammed said. They've only been taught you've got to obey the Koran and what the Prophet Mohammed said, and they're both infallible - the book is infallible, the Prophet is infallible - the founder of Islam. "

Ummm, I think I agree with her how much do we truelly know about our religion?
You see me as a sheikh? How nice :D

And about Sufis and other sects, what did the prophet of Allah say about them? Didn't he say "My Ummah will split into 73 sects, all in the fire except 1." So who is the 1 saved sect? The Ahlu Sunnah wal Jamaaca, not Sufis, not Ahmedis and certainly not Xisbu taxriih. So for those of you taking your religion from people of bid'ah, beware.

Ps: What has Ayaan Xirsi got to do with this?

You jumped the gun ibti, I agreed with Ayaan in the sense the average Muslim does not know what the Qu'aan and the hadith says without a translation, lets get real how many of us now what what surah al-hamdu means? and we recite it like how many times a day?. And in regards to gaining knowledge from someone I was referring to what Haatu said about "make sure to take your religion from people who you are confident that they will not corrupt your beliefs". And how is one to now who is and who is not corrupting your beliefs??? So one MUST ACQUIRE knowledge to begin with in order to differentiate who is taking them down a rocky path comprehendo. Hope that helped!

Ibtisam   

Haatu everyone claims to be Ahlu Sunnah wal Jamaaca dear icon_razz.gif

GaroweGal, not sure what kind of Muslims YOU meet (not including children) but the basic Muslims knows the basic including Alhumdu, it is the first thing aside from the shahad you will learn to fulfil your second pillar. I think demeaning Muslims and treating them like Idoi*ts is a new trend. HOW AYAN of all people can say Muslims don’t know their religion and you agreeing with her is not something I can comprehend. Iyaad she means it as an insult, adigu if you mean it as nastexo wa different. Dont help her agenda.

I kind of agree with you when it comes to technical issues, the general Muslim might not know where they stand on it, but in this day of information transfer, it is not hard to find a reliable source to clarify matters.