Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Borat’s movie causes riots

NGONGE   

Astana, Kazakhstan

At least 10,000 protestors incensed by the expected screening of the Borat movie clashed with police and burned three farms, five cinemas and a British pub last Friday, government sources said.

The Prime Minster of Kazakhstan has gone on national Television on Saturday night and tried to soothe the nation and convince them that this was merely a humorous movie. However, on Sunday morning, a large number of opposition MPs started giving their own Television interviews and promising to table a motion of no confidence in this cowardly government. By Sunday night, a new wave of rioters rampaged through most Kazakh cities and burned cars, houses and Western establishments (particularly those linked to Great Britain).

Monday’s newspaper articles and TV reports all carried in depth analysis of these events and discussed the film’s impact on Kazakh society. Most Kazakh leading lights were unanimous in their condemnation of this imperialistic British/American movie and demanded that the government insist on a full and unequivocal apology from both countries! The overwhelming pressure from all parts of Kazakh society forced the government to ban the screening of the movie in the country and ban the film’s star (Borat) from ever setting foot in that great land.

Kazakh news has also reported that the Prime Minster received solidarity telegrams from President Ahmed Injad of Iran, Fidel Castro of Cuba and Chavez of Venezuela expressing their deep dismay and total anger at these events. The Iranian president also sent a letter to all Kazakh media where he talked about the introduction of a universal code of ethics that forbids people like Borat and those Danes from mocking any faith, people, land or historical figures. He expressed his disgust at the way Borat ridicules the Jews in the film and questioned the Jewish beliefs that would produce such a disloyal follower! He ended his letter by reiterating his conviction that every thing in the world is down to the devious Jews and insisted that Borat was merely double-bluffing.

Meanwhile, in Muslim capitals throughout the world, huge demonstrating crowds came out in support of the Kazakh cause and to condemn all films, poems, cartoons and opinions that would mock any faith, individuals, countries or historical figures. Most of these demonstrations turned ugly and the crowds started burning flags of the UK, USA and Kazakhstan. They were also chanting ‘Borat, Borat, where you at, we will skin you like a cat’. And because many have read the words of the Iranian president and understood the Jewish conspiracy he talked about, they also shouted chants calling for the death of the Jews; In a delicious and ironic twist, the chant of ‘throw the Jew down the well’ was heard in burning streets all over the Muslim world.

:D

My brother and I could hardly wait to see it this friday - we've been waiting for months...but I'm lately feeling a little guilty...

:(:(

lool@ throw the jew down the well....

Verse

In my country there is problem,

And that problem is transport.

It take very very long,

Because Kazakhstan is big.

Chorus 1

Throw transport down the well (repeat line)

So my country can be free (repeat line)

We must make travel easy (repeat line)

Then we’ll have a big party (repeat line)

Verse 2

In my country there is problem

And that problem is the Jew

They take everybody money

And they never give it back

Chorus 2

Throw the jew down the well (repeat line)

So my country can be free (repeat line)

You must grab him by his horns (repeat line)

Then we have a big party (repeat line)

Verse 3

If you see the Jew coming

You must be carefull of his teeth

You must grab him by his money

And I tell you what to do

(Repeat Chorus 2 twice)

J.Lee   

He expressed his disgust at the way Borat ridicules the Jews in the film and questioned the Jewish beliefs that would produce such a disloyal follower!

Looooooooool. OMG :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Femme:

My brother and I could hardly wait to see it this friday - we've been waiting for months...but I'm lately feeling a little guilty...

Why guilty? It's just a film!

Ms DD   

Salaam

For the first in years, i went to see a movie at the cinema and i saw an advert of this film Borat. I never laughed so hard.

N.O.R.F   

Kazakstan is actually a booming place (according to Expats). Those in the oil industry will know why.

Meanwhile, in Muslim capitals throughout the world

I'm yet to see a poster or any trailers. I dont even know what all the fuss is about.

ps isnt Kazakstan mainly a Sufi country?

pps their tourism will shoot up next year!

NGONGE   

^^^ Heh. Welcome to paradise. :D

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

LoL..
NG
, are you making this up? It seems like something you would write.

I’m glad you asked that question and helped me out here. As I posted it I worried that someone might think it’s true. :D

N.O.R.F   

^^I have decided to do the 10km road race. I took NG's advice :D (who was i kidding)! I will start training this wknd IA.

NG, the right to offend?

NGONGE   

^^ Borat is almost abusing that right but he's doing it with style. :D

I'm happy you're going to do the 10k race. Make sure you book a masseur and have some Deep Heat ready for when you finish.

N.O.R.F   

Its only 6 miles saxib, i'm a nomad afterall and not in need of any such luxuries

gulp

ps what is the Al Quds headline today?