Sign in to follow this  
shyhem

Where the players at?

shyhem   

Yeah we heard the buzz but how good is the PSP.Did anyone tried it.I wanna go to best buy and check this baby out.I heard she is cool and certainly worth the buzz.Dvd,wireless and music capacity,what else can we ask for.

Holler if u hear!

underdog   

Shyhem,

I tried it. it IS spectacular the graphics are almost as good as the PS2. HOWEVER $250 for the hardware and $40 per game....it's not worth all that.

Too much hype. It one of those things for people with money in the pocket and no mouths to feed.....kinda like the IPOD. Remember when the XBOX and PS2 were $400...now they're $150.

My advice: they've already sold a couple of million units of PSP and about 10 million IPODs....so in when think logically and economically, the nature of capitalism dictates the price will drop and the market will be awash with used units. So bide your time and don't get sucked in by the hype

nafta   

^^ That is true. Most products on the market are so expensive because they're brand new and everyone is on about it. If you wait till the craze dies, then you can snap them up for a bargain.

For example I recently bought a brand new iPod mini for 80 pound. Still, 80 pound might sound like wasted money, but when you think about that last year this baby was selling for 200, you gotta admit it IS a bargain.

PSP seems to be the "IT" right now. I've seen them in the shopsand tried it out, and for someone who's not that big on gaming and stuff I thought it was pretty cool. Some shops have them on display and you can try them out for yourself, so give it a go and see for yourself.

Good luck deciding

P.S. Somehow used goods always tend to dissapoint, with spares missing or the goods malfunctioning. But that's my experience

P.S. II That's not how I got my iPod. No black market involved there. It was all legal and above board.

:D

Pacifist   

PSP MY collegue is a tech chunky and he got it last week. Pretty nice thing but for the games $40 i think is a bit expensive. The little mini dickettes cool. I think u can watch movies, games and music . Its kinda like the portable dvd players but a bit smaller and nicer. For $250 and then $40 buck per game is a bit to much for me. BUt hey if its free why the heck not. I can see myself with one of those in the airplane flying back to the motherland with it. :D

Judge Claudia Wilken of the U.S. District Court for Northern California issued the order late last week in a patent infringement case filed against Sony Computer Entertainment by Immersion, a San Jose, Calif.-based developer of "haptics" technology. Among other applications, the technology can generate force feedback in games so that the game controller rattles in response to events during play.

Immersion claims that Sony's implementation of force feedback in its PlayStation 2 and the original PlayStation consoles infringes on its patents. Microsoft paid the California company $26 million two years ago to settle similar claims regarding its PC joysticks and other products.

Sony has fought those charges and suffered a setback late last year, when a jury sided with Immersion and ordered the console maker to pay $82 million in damages. Enforcement of the verdict was delayed, pending the judge's ruling on post-trial motions.

Judge Wilken's latest ruling entered judgment against Sony and ordered it to give Immersion the $82 million laid down by the jury verdict, plus $8.7 million in interest.

In a separate order, Wilken consented to Immersion's request for an injunction barring Sony "from manufacturing, using and/or selling in, or importing into, the United States the infringing Sony PlayStation system." The injunction further instructed Sony to pay licensing fees to Immersion for PlayStation hardware already sold in the United States.

It also covers 47 games that the jury said infringed on Immersion's patents. Most of the games, including the smash hit "Grand Theft Auto" series, aren't published by Sony, possibly complicating enforcement.

The judge agreed to stay enforcement of the injunction, however, citing "the strength of Sony's showing that it is likely to succeed on the merits of its appeal."

A representative for Sony Computer Entertainment America declined to comment on the case, except to confirm that Sony plans to appeal the ruling and will continue to sell PlayStation products in the meantime.

Immersion CEO Victor Viegas hailed the orders as a validation of the developer's claims. "The court-ordered permanent injunction to stop the shipment and sale of infringing products in the U.S. is an important indicator of the strength of our case and the potential risks involved in this litigation," he said in a statement. "We have always believed, and continue to believe, in the strength of our intellectual property. We remain confident of our position in the appeals process."

Sony's new PlayStation Portable system, which does not employ force feedback, is not included in the suit.

The Source

http://news.com.com/Sony+to+challenge+block+on+PS2+sales/2100-1047_3-5641924.html?tag=nl

shyhem   

Guys thanks for the feedback.I wasn't gonna buy it now but inshaalah sometimes in the near future.

My playstation 2 was stolen before i even made use of it, and i hope they won't steal the PSP if and when i get hold of it.

Sweet than u'r tea

I hope u know what i'm into now :D It's all about the gadgets baby.

By the way, i hope you are aware of the fact that tea and coffee are not good for pregnant women.Not that i'm suggestating u is pregnant, nevertheless Taking Caffeine during pregnancy significantly contributes to AD&D (Attention,Deficiet and disorder) in u'r future babies.

Unless u want u'r kids to be regulars for Ritalin from the school nurse, i suggest u quit the caffeine now.

Iffah   

Originally posted by Shyhem:

Taking Caffeine during pregnancy significantly contributes to AD&D (Attention,Deficiet and disorder) in u'r future babies.

Sorry, don't mean to derail your topic...but where'd you hear that? I thought it was smoking that had that effect - not caffeine. Just curious.