Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Adaa Mudan Abaay

Haneefah   

Lol @ you two.

I am craving for some curubo xalaawa right now because of my flu, just few bites would suffice.

I used to have the same problem with one of the dudes at Xamarweyne whenever we went there - he wasn't that old, but boy were those stares incredibly irritating, and he would always speak to me in rusted Arabic even though I'd make it perfectly clear to him inaan SOmali ahay...I'd even put on an extreme reer wuqooyi accent to have him back off :D

The non-xamarawi odayaal also use walal ama inadeer iyagoo og iney ku dhali karaan. If it makes them feel younger, let them be!

Aaliyyah   

^^ lool haneefah, hamarwayne as in that somali store right beside ceelgaab is it?? loool...somali guys are just crazy suppose ignoring them is the best way...btw what do you mean u put reer waqooyi accent to make them back off ...they dnt dig us reer waqooyi girls..am hurt...n here i thought our reer waqooyi accent was utterly romantic :D

KK looooooooooooooooooooooool quraysh...I swear I am always laughing when I read your posts, u have a way with words....

salaam

Odayaasha lee maxaa laga rabaa? Maamooyin waa weyn oo ayeeyooyin ah aa ku dhahaaya aboowe/walaal. Not that inay ku shukaansanaayaan, laakiin da' lee laga rooraa.

KK. odeyga ku dhahay "abbaayo" next time waa u qoslee markaasuu digits kuugu soo receipt ka walahi. :D Odayaal shaxaariyaal aa jira is illaali binti.

sailor   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

"Adaa Mudan Abaay" was his reply when I thanked him for his service...

I left school my usual time and headed over to my moms place (Toronto) to run some errands for her...While still in Toronto, my husband called, said he didn't feel like cooking and that I should grap qado from Etob (a Somali Restaurant)...And while at it, I might as well get him bur kackac from the next door macmacaan place AlCuruba...I agreed and headed over...My first stop was at the macmacaanka...An older gentalman about 55 year of age or so served me...He was very pleasant...As the norm, I thanked him for his service as I was leaving...

Me: Waa mahadsantahay adeer.

With what seemed like a flirtatious look on his eyes,
he smiled and replied:
Adaa mudan
abaay
. :eek: :eek:

I felt like cunug yar, I almost literally ran out of there...I couldn't contain the shock, anoo fiig fiigsan aan Etob galay...How will I ever go back to that damn place? There was something creepy about the look on his face and that smile... :mad:
redface.gif

I've seen islaamo markaan dhoho eedo ama habaryar iigu jawaabo abaayo, but never ever I have thought oday inuu waxaas ku kacaayo!!!!!! Sheemo!!!!

Kool_Kat   

^Fine looking ayeeyo kudar hee! :D

Gheele, saan is ilaali isku leeyahay baa hada wiil/gabar/habar/oday oo dhan inaan Eedo dhoho rabaa...Maxaaba hadhoow dhibaato keenaayo...

Kool_Kat   

Duceysane, waa runtaa horta lately ayeeyo ayeeyo camal inaa usoo shiiro aan xataa isku arkay, since becoming a mom that is...

Gheele, ar sanadka maanta eh kuli waala wada cadyahay...Ani amaaba ugu madoobahay waxa meelahaan ka buuxo...$20 lee kaa xigto cadaan... :D

Haneefah, c'mon runta sheeg...That accent you speak of has some roughness to it oo laga baqaayo...Markaa intaa suulka laabta oo afarta far qofka ku taagto aa dhahdid 'WAADH KA BEYDH BAAN KU NIDHI', halakala cararo aaka dheceyso!!! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Kamaavi   

LOL@$20 lee kaa xigto cadaan.

Hablaha is cadeeyo haddii ayna cun-cun lahayn,

xaga hore, hadal laga keeni maayo.

Haddii ayse cun-cun leedahay, xaga danbe, halkeedaa ha joogto.

peasant   

KK i am curious if you ever run into that dude at Xamarweyne restaurant, the notorious AW-Baare. I have seen a lot of people complaining from him and mostly women but he is a funny dude though.

Aaliyyah   

^^I dnt think its nice to name names....not that I would know who u're talking abt. I don't even go to hamarwayne often. But, I do go there whenever I crave for xalwad, I love their xalwad.

salaam

Aaliyyah   

It doesn't matter whether HE MADE A NAME FOR HIMSELF OR NOT, who gave you the permission to mention his real name in a public forum. That's uncalled for.

salaam