FatB

Australians 'worst Muslim haters'

FatB   

Australians 'worst Muslim haters'

By Carly Crawford

Islam convert 'deeply shocked' by Australian attitudes

First Annual Australian Islamic Conference begins

Two Muslims clerics banned from entering country

FIREBRAND Islamic convert Yvonne Ridley has accused Australians of being among the worst Muslim haters in the world.

As millions of Australians celebrated Easter, they were branded Islamophobes by the outspoken British woman.

She believes Australian attitudes to Islam are hardening faster than any other nation.

"I'm deeply shocked," Ms Ridley said.

"It's not what it was when I was last here three years ago.

"I've visited over 20 different countries in the last three years and Australia is the most shocking in terms of deterioration."

Ms Ridley, 48, will speak about Islamophobia today at a controversial Muslim conference at Melbourne University.

Thousands are expected to attend a series of lectures over the weekend.

Organisers laughed off suggestions the First Annual Australian Islamic Conference was staged over Easter to insult Christians.

"We certainly meant no insensitivity," organiser Adel Salman said.

"We weren't making any particular statement or any religious statement.

"It was purely a convenient time to schedule the conference."

Two controversial sheiks have been refused visas to speak at the conference.

Several politicians also wanted Ms Ridley banned.

The former investigative reporter was briefly held captive by the Taliban in Afghanistan in 2001 and converted to Islam two years later.

She discourages British Muslims from co-operating with anti-terrorism police and she refers to suicide bombings as "martyrdom operations".

But Ms Ridley dismissed objections to her presence by Australian politicians.

"It's entertaining but there is an election in the air," she said.

The conference, staged by non-profit Muslim group Mercy Mission, hit the headlines when the Herald Sun revealed that radical Muslim academic Sheik Bilal Philips had been refused a visa for security reasons.

He has been linked to the 1993 World Trade Centre bombings and has described US-led Western culture as an enemy of Islam.

A visa for another Islamic academic, Sheik Jaafer Idris, was not processed in time.

But Mercy Mission's Adel Salman vowed to bring the scholars to Australia in the future.

"We hope that one day we'll be able to bring Jaafer Idris and Dr Bilal Philips to Australia," Mr Salman said.

"That's certainly our hope but whether or not that happens is up to the Australian Government."

Mr Salman believes their rejection was politically motivated.

"I believe (Sheik Philips) was rejected because he was seen as a threat to Australia," he said.

"On that basis we don't agree with the decision because we don't see that he is a threat to Australia or Australians."

Sheik Philips was named an "unindicted co-conspirator" in the first World Trade Centre attack in 1993, that killed six and injured 1000.

But Mr Salman described him as a wise and eminent Muslim thinker.

"We've done our own research and investigation, and we're very confident that he's not in any way linked to any such (terrorist) activity.

"In fact, he's a man of peace and moderation and is very well qualified.

"We believe he is one of the foremost academics on Islam in the world today and just through sheer knowledge and wisdom we believe he would have brought a lot to this conference."

Herald sun

Rahima   

Actually I attended the conference and as explained by Yvonne herself, the Herald Sun (as the often do) misquoted her for she was referring to the media and not the general public. That said however I can’t say I’m surprised- it is the Herald Sun after all.

Source   

I attended the conference as well. She was quite outspoken. Her comment which I cant remember in exact words, sent a good message I think. It was something along the lines,..' My arms are open to you, but not while I'm on my knees' and 'I don't kiss the hand that slaps me'. smile.gif

Masha'Allah the First Annual Australian Islamic Conference was a huge success. I was so sad to see it come to an end after 3 days of enjoyment and simulation. It’s amazing to also see the media frenzy around the function. Anything for a story. It’s very obvious to most people that the media are forever chopping and changing words to suite their objective. Yvonne Is the most courageously out spoken woman I have seen and we need more sisters like her. She isn’t afraid to speak her mind and stand up for what she believes in and most importantly does not bow down to tyrants. Even big ones like the media.

-Lily-   

Yvonne Ridley is quiet unexpected, I remember the British press saying she was a waste of newspaper space after she converted to Islam & that she shold have stayed with the Taliban. She gives regular speeches at the Global Peace & Unity event in London (not sure if she will be there this year?) & events organised by Islamic groups at universities. I think she is more about political Islam, or focuses on issues affecting Muslims, rather than Islamic knowledge per se.

Glad to hear it was success. To those who went, what were the main things they talked about?

nemo   

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear:

Where is Australia?

Really dear, you need to stay at your "lalaland" maybe Michael Jackson can invite you for cup of tea or even to stay at neverlands with you :rolleyes:

BOB   

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear:

Where is Australia?

Adeer dhonti lisen wat Nameless_Jik sayz...hadaad dooneyso inaad Australia aado oo aadan garaneyn halka loo maro anigaa kuu tilmaamaya ee buug iyo qalin soo qaado Adeer iina soo dhowoow...teeda kale Adeer isoo eeg dee...dadka waa la eegaa marka ay wax kuu tilmaamayaan ee hoos lama eego...Miyaadan weligaa maqal Eye-Contact? mise Adeer waxaad tahay gabar aad uxishood badan oo anigaadan i eegi karin marka hoos ayaad eegeysaa?

Adeer aan kuu tilmaamee idhageyso...

Bismillaahi Al-Raxmaani Al-Raxiim...Ilaahow dambigeena iyo kuwii na dhalay dambigooda dhaaf, Ilaahow wadada toosan nagu hag...ilaahow safarkeena ku kheyr qaba inooga dhig...Ilaahow kheyrka na waafuji oo sharkana naga najee...Ilaahow owlaad Kheyr qaba nasii...Ilaahow diintaada Islaamka ku xooji intii iimaan buuxa leh, Ilaahow Muslimka uga maciin dhibaatada joogtada ah ee ay maanta ku jiraan...ilaahow gaalada dulmigooda iyo bah dilkooda naga qabo...Aamiin.

Adeer ugu horeyn waxad mar walba ogaataa inee Australia kaa jirto halka uu sankaaga ku toosan yahay, magaalada Meelboon la yiraahdana waxee kaa xigtaa dhanka uu ku yaalo xusulkaaga bidix...hadii aad hada ka hor gacanta ka jabteyna xusulkaaga laguma kalsoonaan karo oo taas waxee isu badaleysaa labadaada indhood laba dhexdooda...koow dheh.

Waxaad raaceysaa jid caddaha dheer ee ku yaala Afar Irdood oo kugu ridaya kan Via Af-Madoow...sidaad u socoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto usocoto waxaa kaasoo horbeysa ood weyn oo qodax miiran ee oodaas ka dul bood...Adeer waad boodi kadhaa sooma aha? Markaad Oodaas ka boodo waxaa uleexaneysaa oo aad raaceysaa wadada yar ee ay reer Waamuhu uyaqaanaan Mur ama Mudh oo kaa qabaneysa faryaradaada midig...waa wado caro guduud ah...taas ayaa sidee kuu wado ku geyneysa bada...markaas ayaad dabaal bilaabeysaa oo sidaad udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso udabaalaneeso ayaa waxaad arkeeysaa buuro waa weyn oo aad moodo inee yihiin dudumada aboorka markaas ayaad joogtaa Australia oo wixii ku weydiiya halkaad ka timi waxaad ku tiraahdaa waxaan ka imi waddanka Jula-Jawaya oo waxaa isoo diray Adeerkay Bob...wey garan doonaan.

Adeer iska ilaali waddanka waxaa laga helaa bahal aad moodo Bakeyle weyn oo ku bood-booda labada lugood ee dambe oo ay ugu yeeraan Kangaroo oo wax nacfi ah oo uu leeyahay aan la arag...Ari carbeedka ayaaba ka fiican...waxaa kaloo laga helaa bahal aad ufoolxun oo xanaaq badan oo ay ugu yeeraan Tasmanian-Devil oo ka foolxun Doofaarka kana caro badan Xoorka kaana wax nacfi ah oo uu leeyahay lama arko oo Dameerka ayaa dhaama ooba la rartaa...laakiin waxaa laga helaa Geel...Geelaas oo laii sheegay in laga qaaday reereheenii marka Adeer geela iisoo tiri dibna inoogu soo qaad waxaan ku siin doona abaal marin aad u wacan...Geela waa geeleenii ee intaad dhex gasho maalo oo caanaha ka dhareg Adeer ileyn waan ku ogahay waad haraadsantahay oo mudaad bad iyo berri kusoo jirtaye...

Adeer badoodu waxaa laga helaa kalluunkeena oo kale marka midkaad aragtaba waa la cuni karaa aan ka aheyn Stingray...Adeer iska ilaali kaas oo waa gacan ku dhiigle...wuxuu dilay ninka la yiraahdo Steve Irwin adduunka dhan oo eegaya iyo waxa kaloo ay leeyihiin kalluunka ay Baajuunta Kismaayo ugu yeeraan Laqam reer xamarkuna ugu yeeraan Yaxaas Badeed (Af Soomaali Xumaa Wuxu) gaaladuna ugu yeedho Shark...qaas ahaan noociisa qatarta ah ee loo yaqaan Great White Shark...adeer kaa waa qatar ee iska ilaali waa Sac-Sac aan rag wax ka aqoon...intaas hadaad ka badbaado waxa kaliya oo aad ka walwaleysaa waan Skin-Head kuwa loo yaqaan oo uu uweyn yahay Madaxweynaha mareykanka Jawaan Buush qeybna uu ka yahay Raiisal wasaaraha Australia Hawadh ninka la yiraahdo ee foosha xun...

Adeer guriga haka soo bixin oo Wiilasha iska ilaali...anigu ma jecli wiilasha fooda dheer oo aad moodo Diiq Gel loo mariyey...Adeer Maqbiyo noqo...waad caddaaneysaa oo aad gaduudaneysaa waadna quruxsanaaneysaa markaana Geel badan ayaa lagaa bixin anaguna beerta ayaan ka baxeynaa...Marka waan kuu duceynayaaye Adeerow dardaarankeyga dhageyso...Ilaahey Haku Nabad Galiyo Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

nemo   

^^^OKay whats wrong with you mate? :D Anywaz, nice journey to Australia. One thing though we dont have "Skin-Head", thats New Zealand thing (no insultes to the NZ ppl) ;)

Peacenow   

Quite frankly who cares if Australians hate muslims. Somalis are more concerned about the problems of the Arabs, then they are of Somalis themselves. Do you think any muslim in the world today, cares about Somalis? No. Save a thought for the poor orphan child going to bed hungry in Xamar tonight.