Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Somali Pirates enemies of Sly in 'the Expendables'(2010)

Chimera   

http://www.imdb.com/ title/tt1320253/

Great leading cast

TheExpendables.jpg

The actors playing Somali characters of course look nothing like a Somali person but is that the fault of the Casting agency? or Somalis? You can't cast what is not available. To the Somalis in Minnesota/North America do you know of any aspiring Somali actors who actively go on auditions?

Chimera   

It's a crazy cast, Dolph replaced Van Damme after he declined the role.

It's too bad they didn't include:

chuck_norris_walker.jpg

Cara.   

Hi Val!

Adam, lol @ Kanye West. Are you saying Sir Marx waa gafuur weynyahay?

So you want a Somali to play a character in the latest Hollywood blockbuster "Lets Blow Up Brown People Because Explosions are Macho III"?

Chimera   

Cara it bothers me when i watch a movie like 'Shooter' where the Horn of Africa is protrayed as 'Swaziland' because the equivalance would be Hollywood casting Chinese actors to play Indians just because they are both Asians. It bothers me when a person is suprised when i tell them that i am from Africa, this stereotypical casting is directly responsible for this misconception.

Cara it's the shades.

*Waves @ Cara*...how are you love?

Was the Horn featured in 'The Shooter'? I only remember Wahlberg's gigantic rifle.

PS: ha ha @ Chuck Norris! A movie full of action oldies!

Chimera   

Yeah the Ethiopian archbishop was assassinated by the people that set Mark W. up.

the Ethiopian bishop's name was Desmond Mutumbo lol :D to add on my previous analogy that's like calling a Hindu priest from India 'Zhang Zhao'

Fabregas   

Adam, I think you are right. Daniel Radcliffe might have been browsing this forum,in particular this thread. way 2 go adam. ;)

Chimera   

Before he entered SOL he probably read the book of Dan Eldon which contains alot of positive stuff on Somalis themselves despite the carnage of that period, the guy was even nicknamed Warsame, mayor of Mogadishu and spoke broken Somali.

Or maybe not Daniel personally, he might have people doing research for him on the web, Somaliaonline is the most respected of the bunch so the chance is high they got the message.