Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Rare pictures of Mohamed Mooge

Chimera   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

quote:

Originally posted by Poker:

JB and Suld

How come there are no videos of Mah'd Mooge? I always wonder that.

sad isn't it.
I'm pretty sure there are videos of him somewhere, i keep seeing cool videos of old Somali Artists and Riwayads popping up at Universal Tv which i can't find or locate anywhere on the net. Bartamaha is also a good place to keep an eye on, cause they always come with some very interesting and rare Somali videos

AYOUB   

^^ That's my hunch too. Most of the archive material being broadcast on Somali TV these days is from Djibouti's RTD. Has anyone checked with them? Anyone checked foreign archives where Somali artists used to take part in festivals and tour?

Abtigiis   

A&T,

You are partly correct. The men who assassinated Mooge were from your tribe and in fact were members of the WSLF/ONLF but trained and financed by the Siyad Barre's Secret Services (NSS). There were no 13 people or anything close to that number. They were just 5 of them in a pickup track (Xaaji Khamsiin). They were going from Awaare to Jigjiga.

And there is no account of him having a pre-existing wound - atleast not from gun shot - prior to his assassination.

This is totally a lie. The only part I am not sure is the number 13, who I didn't count.

But the place he was killed is called jiirta-libaaxa, 45kms east of Aware. The team was going from Aware to Degahbour and was carrying a wounded Mohamed Moge. All the thing about Awbare is a TOTAL LIE. Haddana meesha joogin baan wareeri lahaa. I ask you to call anyone in Hargeisa and confirm where he was killed and whether he was wounded.

There was no ONLF or WSLF operating in the region then. Of course unless the blood association of the killers makes them one. Let us not debate this.

But I am amazed by how you can talk about an incident you have no idea about with such confidence.

Saaxiib,ehelada ina Mooge la xidhiidh oo igu soo war celi.

Ileen waxa dadku ku murmaan waa waxam oo kale. Dop you know where he is buried, by the way???? Waryaa goob-joog baan ahaa!!!!

STOIC   

I think his brother died in Isiolo, Kenya. I don't remember that well-of course i was kiddo-I must have seen one of the Moge's. Its a shame that i don't know a single of his song, but i have been drummed with his songs...

PS AT$T we need some dhiig(blood) money from you dude.I will be happy to collect it from the nearest Dhahabshiill

Blessed   

On his death, I heard AT&Ts version from some of his family members but the wound was obviously not what killed him. Ilaahay ha u naxariisto.

Adam, those videos are of his brother Ahmed. Mohammed didn’t do many riwayads and the few he did were political and got him into trouble with Barre. (He jailed him)

Here’s a short bio. http://shunuuf.tripod.com/maxmooge.html

A&T,

LOL there are many versions out there. But anigu qof war gal ah ayaan ka soo xigtay oo waliba ka mid ahaa ragii aaskii Mooge ka qayb galay.

You are absolutely wrong about where the attack took place. The fact is, the Toyota pickup truck was ambushed in a place called "meermeerta" which is located about 10 or so kilometres "South West" of Awaare. Meermeerta, as the name suggests is a very strategic place - ninkii wax doonaya inu dilo halkaa meel kaga haboon maba jirto.

He is burried in Aware itself, waliba geed caana oo marka afka galbeed magalada laga galo ku yaala oo magaciisa la yidha "Geedka Weerane". ( Anigoo caruura ayaan meesha baabuur ku maray - hadaan ogaanlaa salaan sharaf ayaan isla taagi lahaa :D )

As for the assassins being ONLF/WSLF, all we know is that they were professional fully trained soldiers and not your average armed nomad. There is no doubts that Siyad Barre's NSS were fully behind it - they planned it, timed it and executed it with precision.

The killings soured the relationship between the local clans there and it ignited a long bitter civilwar where maybe hundreds died from the local clans. Consider you and RedSea lucky, hadii meesha aad joogi lahaydeen ninba dhinac ayuu dagaalka ka soo gali lahaa (LOL :D ).

nuune   

Why can't we concentrate on the topic by dedicating this thread to the great singer.

This arguments about who, where, when and how Mohamed Mooge died isn't the point of the topic.

I may be wrong, but it would save heck of time not to continue this debate about long time event!

Back to the topic, Mohamed Mooge, the King of Qaraami, my all time favourite singer, only Mohamed Nuur Giriig comes second, I don't have third place, them two just the kings.

Few of his famous songs:

Xeebtaa jabuuti, this was a very emotional song, ooh the music is just, can't describe it!

dadka ha iska weyneyn, one of the best, and one of the very anti-kacaanka songs, beautifully crafted.

Lets not forget his brother Ahmed Mooge who sang countless and more songs than Mohamed, Ahmed was more and actively involved and sang with all Waaberi ladies, one of the best was with Magool of the song Aan is helno aan is hanano, and the famous Godadle song.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

loooooooooooooooooooool@my tribe & your tribe ,,,
:D:D:D

looooooooooool.........JacaylBaro waaban yaabayba...they made it sound like all SOL memebers now each others tribe...some of us here label members of clans and things once they can't keep up with the debates and discussions and we fell onto the trap they made ...AFEEF "those (some of us) aan ka hadlayo does NOT include A&T and Suldaanka amase akhyaarta hadda meeshan fikradaha isku dhaafsanaya..."

Poker...plz tell us your version as well...waa la yaqaan lagaaga hari maayo anigu kolley inta taqaan kuma jiro..........lol....

Finally, I can see the versions dhahaya the military government was behind the assassination of those officials. It looks like nobody can confirm this...is it possible that there were other agendas such as the political killing (not AUN Maxamed Mooge but the other officials...Goosaar and so on) and power struggle that has surrounded the Somali politics of today...? Could it have been an inner circle clan competition (If I am not mistaken Yeey is famous for those actions and there are some incidents and certain individuals that he is accused of murdering both before and recent) as this Clan Cudur existed within Somalis for a while...?

Who knows...more information preferably fact needed here...

Thanks A&T and Suldaanka.

nuune this is history my friend I think talking about AUN the legend...who he was and how he was killed is part of the memory.

It is interesting to see the two different versions here and both refering to Xog-Ogaal...lol...I beleive both inay warka ka heleen Xog-Ogaal...but the problem here is as we are an ORAL Society oo xogtaani meel ay ku qoran tahay aysan jirin runtiina sheeko kasta haddii aan la qorin waxbaa iska bedela ayaan ka dib...

I remember once learning three different stages of an oral story....( Run...Kutiri-kuteen...Khuraafaad)...

Paragon   

Undisputedly a legend of no parellel.

Have you guys ever heard of one of his songs with the lyrics: ' ... xabashina umaan gelin, xeebtaa djibouti, Soomaali laga xaday, hadii aan xagaa tagay, ma jebinin xeerkiye, maxaa laygu soo xidhay?' . That's all I can remember of it.

Suldaanka help out sxb.

RedSea   

^ Yep he is right there with the guitar.

dhayal looma heesee

dharaartii aan ku caashaqey

ee aad dhibtaadiyo

igu dhalisey hawlaha

dhulka oo gugii da'ay

dhinacyadana badii

dhanka midigna badii tahey

bidixduna dhir iyo doog

ciidan dhabaq guduudka ah

ee dheehii lodeeniyo

dhiiluhuba ugu daa

iyo ubaxa dhaadheer

miyey kala dhextaageen

-Mohamed Moge.

Poker   

Max'd mooge (RIP)was assassinated for all the wrong reasons. Why would any one wants to murder such man is beyond me. He was killed because of hos tribal affiliation rather than his political beliefs. That all I have to say about him. He was a Somali icon.

I think Suldan's story is more accurate.

Waxaan ahay waadiga dugsiiyada

waxaan ahay waanada macalinka

waxaan ku war waraynaa waa

wadankiina wax u barta

oo xambaara waajib kiisaa

Written and sung by Max'd Mooge (RIP)

MA OG TAHAY ASKARI JAAHILAAN AMAR KA QAATAAYE

MA OG TAHAY AFCADAAN CUNAA MALAHA IIDAANE

MA OG TAHAY WAXAAN EERSDAA ODAYGA(siyaad bare) WEEYAANE.

Written by Max'd Mooge while he was in Xalane...

Warancade,

Dadka hayska waynayn was written by Ibrahim Gadhle (RIP). Cabdi Qays added two more verses which made it duet sung by ABDI NUUR ALLALE iyo FAADUMO AHMED. Same goes for the other popular song of MAXAA DAYR CAD GEEL HALAABOO, DIB JIRAY UU CUNAY DUGAAGOO....it was written by IBRAHIM GADHLE (RIP) and sung by ABDI NUUR ALLAALE AND FADUMO AHMED. Both songs were from Djibouti.

The other song you were asking me about...Laan Yahy magooshee was wriitren by HADRAAWI and sung by QAASAALI and some woman that I can't remember her name.

It's funny how Maxamed Mooge (RIP) copied many songs and made them popular. :D

RedSea   

Caadi matihid. umm I did not know Mohamed copied those songs.

"waaye daadow inaan waalanahay"...is that an original or a copy too?

I know hadraawi composed that one(:

ps. Mohamed moogeh kinda looks like me when I was bit chubby. :eek:

Abtigiis   

A&T,

LOL there are many versions out there. But anigu qof war gal ah ayaan ka soo xigtay oo waliba ka mid ahaa ragii aaskii Mooge ka qayb galay.

You are absolutely wrong about where the attack took place. The fact is, the Toyota pickup truck was ambushed in a place called
"meermeerta" which is located about 10 or so kilometres "South West" of Awaare. Meermeerta, as the name suggests is a very strategic place - ninkii wax doonaya inu dilo halkaa meel kaga haboon maba jirto.

He is burried in Aware itself, waliba geed caana oo marka afka galbeed magalada laga galo ku yaala oo magaciisa la yidha
"Geedka Weerane"
. ( Anigoo caruura ayaan meesha baabuur ku maray - hadaan ogaanlaa salaan sharaf ayaan isla taagi lahaa
:D
)

As for the assassins being ONLF/WSLF, all we know is that they were professional fully trained soldiers and not your average armed nomad. There is no doubts that Siyad Barre's NSS were fully behind it - they planned it, timed it and executed it with precision.

The killings soured the relationship between the local clans there and it ignited a long bitter civilwar where maybe hundreds died from the local clans. Consider you and RedSea lucky, hadii meesha aad joogi lahaydeen ninba dhinac ayuu dagaalka ka soo gali lahaa (LOL
:D
).

This is the correct version. He was killed between Aware and Dagahbur, and exactly where suldanka mentioned. The KM I mentioned was just from my head, but the place is a place where legend has that a man and a lion are buried side by side. Thank you suldaanka. He died from the ambush, not from the wound. I haven't implied that.

Anyway, one of the assasins a man called Abdullahi Gheele was my Quran teacher at one point. He was the man killed by a dying member of the killed group and his body was displayed in town. MAcalinku maalinkaa ambushka ardada wuu fasaxay for one day.

Where is Ayoub and his version now??????????/

Aaska waan joogay anigu.