Sign in to follow this  
strawberryampcream

hegbad/ayuuto: i hate handling other people's money

Ms DD   

Eh?

Calm your socks down my dear. Walle meel baa ku gubaneyso. What is the deal here?

Are we now comparing the westernised mothers against traditional ones? All anecdotal I am sure. What evidence have you got?

Good for nothing indeed! Calaal and insults uunbaad heysaa. La imow something substantial, then people can engage you.

No dear we are not comparing anything

All I see here is westernised woman attacking the Somali tradtional women (and not on anything special) but on the greatest and most successful idea of any Somali brain could ever come up with and materialise, the Hagbad!

The hypocracy is wide on the open, hence the comparisons.

Blessed   

Hello, Juxa MsDD and humble.. smile.gif

Juxa,

Sow ma joogo meesha lacagta lagu shubo.. denbi waaye waxaas. As for me, waxna maandhay, good for nothing aan ahay dee. ;)

EDIT..

Ducaqabe cay baad meesha u timi. Caarkaaga dhakada ka qaniine hadalka dhuux intaanad dad islaameed iska af lagaadeen.

Juxa   

it is been long time since i heard good for nothing westernized somali women. :D

ilaa iyo hada mafahmin the concept of westernized? bal DD iyo Blessed iisharxa.

ayuuto sucks, if you dont like it kaalay cadcad iigooso

Abayo maxaa kugu caayay, sorry

Qofna magaceeda masheegin, I only said westernised woman. I know most women in here associate themselves with the west since they grew up or were born in the west. Laakiin waa general Abayo qof macaynin, sorry hada leedahay waa naceesey

Ms DD   

Ducaqabe

You are generalising here. This is not about westernised mother v traditional ones. Most mothers I know participate hagbad collections. You say "you know most women here associate themselves with the west..." how did you figure this out? If one lives and works in the west, does that make her a western? I have seen momoyaal qaabdaran from women brought up here in the west and back home.

Without running the risk of generalising, most westernised moms know the value of education, hence, do their very best to educate their kids, whilst preventing them from the pitfalls of western societal problems. Traditional mom wouldnt be aware of these problems and if they were aware, wouldnt know how to deal with them.

So how does it feel to generalize a whole section of the society without bringing forth any form of evidence?

Hi Juxa and Blessed and humble.

Blessed   

Juxoy,

Bal adba garo. Anigu labada dhanba waan ka dheelaa, how about you?

Ducaqabow,

You seem to think that any woman who disagrees with you is a 'useless', 'westernised' woman who shuns all things traditional the fact that she has a point -Juxa made a very valid point, is besides the point from what I gather.

Paragon   

^Oh here comes another westernised woman. They never stop coming, do they Ducaqabe? smile.gif

Hi ladies and hello to you Miss Barwaaqo.

Bring back Barwaaqo, will you? smile.gif

Juxa   

Blessed, caqligan kugu jeclahay, i have not succumbed to the ayuuto phenomina yet! i am firm believer of other methods of savings and investments.

Humble you used to applaud efforts of westernized islaamo, alleylahe waxbadan baa isbedelay

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

Ducaqabe

You are generalising here. This is not about westernised mother v traditional ones. Most mothers I know participate hagbad collections. You say "you know most women here associate themselves with the west..." how did you figure this out? If one lives and works in the west, does that make her a western? I have seen momoyaal qaabdaran from women brought up here in the west and back home.

Without running the risk of generalising, most westernised moms know the value of education, hence, do their very best to educate their kids, whilst preventing them from the pitfalls of western societal problems. Traditional mom wouldnt be aware of these problems and if they were aware, wouldnt know how to deal with them.

So how does it feel to generalize a whole section of the society without bringing forth any form of evidence?

Hi Juxa and Blessed and humble.

Both are making a generalisation really. Juxa is talking about SOME women that neglect their children's welfare in order to buy gold or flats in Dubai (the business projects that fail don't count here). He is talking about SOME women that are too Western in their outlook. All in all, stuff and nonsense really.

As for the Hagbad itself and the women that take part in it. I would wager that the vast majority do it to BETTER their own lives. Just as the project that Juxa was talking about there. The fact that such projects fail is just unfortunate. The idea to start such projects is not wrong. So what if your kids don't wear designer trainers for a year? The eventual goal should be able to afford them all they want. It is the nature of business. One must take a risk. These 'traditional' mothers (since DD seems to to think they're a bit 'thick' icon_razz.gif ) probably remember how hard life was back home and THINK that their kids now have more than enough. Your idea of a 'good' home life is miles away from hers.

Still, the main purpose of hagbad is to save money. That, in anyone's book, could be nothing but a good thing.

Wan baxay.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Juxa:

Blessed, caqligan kugu jeclahay, i have not succumbed to the ayuuto phenomina yet! i am firm believer of other methods of savings and investments.

Humble you used to applaud efforts of westernized islaamo, alleylahe waxbadan baa isbedelay

Juxa, I still do. It's just that Ducaqabe waad isugu tagteen. Marka ragganimo unbaa i yara qaadey.

I applaud both now, actually. Some of each are crucial to my planned own clan creation.