Sign in to follow this  
lulla

THIS IS ONLY FOR THE LADIES..

lulla   

hi ladies

Did any other somalian female or male ever told you to take ur scarf or change the way u dressed? like ur cover up , they told uncover?

well this happen to me.this somalian woman actually told me that i had too much cloths and i need to wear something that fit :eek: :eek: . i mean what is happening to us?

I mean some of our people are so ignorent. redface.gif

Lulla,

I told my cousin to take off her xigaab, and I am not ignorant :mad:

She wears xigaab during the week and on weekends likes to wear her hair down and wear short skirts and go clubbing with us.

So I got tired of her double standard and told her to either stick to xigaab or take off the xigaab, of course she didnt listen to me :rolleyes: and she is not the only one, all her friends are like that, so it is not an isolated case.

I have nothing against sistas who wear xigaab, and I saw some that really dress well, and they looked good wearing xigaab.

And then there was the ones the worn multicoloured layers of clothing, lets just leave it at that smile.gif

xoxo

A7LA-SHU   

well i haven't had somali ladies telling me to take off anything.. coz to start with i wear scarf and i wear my jeans and on.. so i'm not that fully covered.. but i had come somali guys telling i shouldn't wear the scarf but who listens to them anyways..

luula just wondering did she said why? i mean u wearing too many cloth isn't that good excuse..

and u miss rock (hm trouble maker huh lol kidding sis) but girl in ur case i think u were doing or telling her the right thing.. i mean come on now u stick to one u either wanna cover up or u don't and do ur thing.. so what i'm saying is that for u to tell her that wasn't a bad thing it was for the best..

lulla   

chick:what u told ur cousin was right. I mean u either wear hijab or u take it off.when i say some people are ignorent i didn't something like. I mean like say if u are a sis who is good muslim and covers up and dresses nice but someone other muslim sis who doesn't cover told u to take off and dress less cover up? u got my meaning?if you told someone like ur cousin to take off their hijab u are right.I mean ur cousin and anyone else who do that is wrong.Another muslim person telling someone muslim to take their clothes off, now that's what i don't like!

Kool_Kat   

I once told a friend of mine to stop wearing the Xijaab... She never used to wear the hijaab until her father passed away... She started wearing the hijaab, and the girl became unhappy with her life... She always used to complain about how others look at her with the Hijaab on, to the point where she cried all the time... Everytime I go out she would call me on my cell and go on and on and on about how she is bored, how she doesn't go out no more, how she is losing all her friends one by one... So this one time, I really got tired of listening to her BS, and asked why did she decide to wear the hijaab... She said since her father died, she's been scared of death...

Walaahi at that point I got so pissed off, may be I shouldn't have... N'way, I told her if she's gonna wear the Hijaab she should wear it for Allah, and not because of death... Told her that when her day comes, ain't no hiding under hijaab or behind closed doors... Told her whether she wears the hijaab, goes to the Masjid 24/7, reads the Quran 24/7, when it is time to go, it's time to go...

All this time I thought she wore the hijaab for Allah... Little did I know, the chik was scared of dying...

And then there was this other friend who wore the hijaab for two months, cuz Daawa jilciso aa tinta ka jartay... I used to be on her case all the time...

I believe, if you are not wearing the hijaab for Allah, you shouldn't wear it at all... Whether it is for your Parents, Friends, Family, Boyfriend or Husban... You should wear it for Allah... And Insha Allah, Allaha nawada hanuuniyo... Ppl like me and Rock's_Chik need that... LOL...

ONE LOVE :cool:

hi ladies smile.gif

what I don´t get is why most of our sisters wear hijaab during the days and when its ruwaayad time or party time they take it off :confused:

Walaahi that is something I don´t get...Beerta waala gallaa meesa waala iska dhaafaa.

PEACE

lulla   

kool_kat:did ur friend thought just cause she wear hijab that she couldn't do anything?i mean like hijab don't change you. it is the only the outside that looks different but u are the same person inside. but people are going to look at you diferent and they will treat you different too.i don't know why but they do that.

Blessed   

I am gonna sound really bad... but sometimes I wish my mates told me to take my scarf off. we'd be getting ready for riwayad and I'll be like on or off? with my masar.

They either totaly blank or tell me naa waad waalatey ........... and non of them wear the scarf let alone the hijab!

Even my guy friends act all protective. in fact writing this, I am starting to think that no one has faith in me ... but I guess I am blessed. (hoping anyway)

Coming back to the topic, walaalo do whatever your comfortable with and don't let others dictate your ways to you. If you ain't doing it for your Creator then don't do it for others. I totaly agree with you though.

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleikum Wr Wb

There r Jaahil’s (knowledge less) & ignorant people who lead u to satan world. U need to fight against them & have strong faith in Allah. What u do is b/w u & Allah. Covering up & following Allah’s rules, that’s for each individual benefits. As for others telling ya to take the hijab off. they telling ya to disobey Allah’s rule which is sin. Satan is enemy to us, he will use in any way to persuade u, whether is through ur friends, relatives & etc. it depends what kind ppl u hang around with, & what sort of environment u mostly at. It also depends how strong ur faith in Allah is, if the non cover ppl see in u weakness their will hunt u down until they make u one of them. That is an act of satan. U know what they say friends can lead u to wrong path.

I also believe u committing a sin by telling others to take their hijab off. (Walahu Aclam). Cuz u not wearing it or u not into religion that doesn’t give u the right to tell others to disobey the rule of Allah. U committing a sin by leading them to wrong way. Is not up to us to judge others, Allah judge each one of us.

kool kat

really got tired of listening to her BS, and asked why did she decide to wear the hijaab... She said since her father died, she's been scared of death...

The sister is confused & wants to change towards Allah. She is tempted by her friends. By remembering death is what makes humans fear Allah S.W.C. death remainders us the life after & what we worked for in order to succeed. Therefore by remembering it directs u to the right path & the fear of Allah. Is one of the first steps. “A one who forgets death is a one who forgot his creator”, I think that was hathis or ayah I am not sure. There is another hadith that says, if wake up in the morning don’t think u will make it in the afternoon a life, if u r in afternoon don’t think u will make it at night & so on”. The meaning of this hadith is to remaind us death is waiting for us, our time in this earth is limited & we should make use our time by worshiping Allah. Not to waste something that could leads us to sin. No doubt we all will die but the question is have u made enough good deeds to lead u into jannah? <------That is what i call fear of death. Sorry if I offended ya. Peace

Kool_Kat   

Buubto, thanks for the input... But I believe wearing the Hijaab should come from the heart... Now in my friends case, she wore the hijaab becuase she feared death, meaning if her father hadn't passed, she wouldn't be wearing it... I know may be it was a wake up call for her, if you know what I mean...

But if she's so much devoted herself to God in good faith, then she shouldn't complain about wearing the Hijaab, that's all I am saying...

Why wear the Hijaab, if you ain't happy with it... I might be wrong, but I can't do something I am not happy with... Specially of stupid reason, like fear of death... I know I'll go when it's time... But I believe it won't be fair to the person, to do something for the wrong reasons... If you are doin' it for the wrong reasons, at least be happy about it... Or don't do it at all... That's all I am saying...

Fearing death might be the first step in remembering the all might Allah, but that should be the only reason to remember Allah... That's my believe... If that's wrong, then OH WELL... :rolleyes:

Mizz Ish   

Peace B upon All YaLL

Allah (SWT) said,

"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over their Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc)..." (An-Nur 24:31)

The hijab fits the sound innate and natural fitrah and feeling of women and men which call for haya and gheerah. Haya is restraint or bashfulness and it is a part of one's faith to show haya and demand it from those who are his responsibility. The Prophet (SAW) said,

"Haya is part of iman." (Bukhari)

--

The Hijab is a Symbol of Islam N when is it OK 2 go 2 club like Gaal do when U muslim??

for the Prophet (SAW) said,

"Whoever resembles a people becomes on of them." (Abu Dawud)

ALLAH yahdiina kulina

wabillahi TowFiiQ

PeAcE OuT

Am saying if a girl is covering and at the sometime going clubbing if you’re gonna tell her anything it should be to not go clubbing. You dn’t tell her not to wear xijaab. I mean the your sending her in the wrong direction. And it’s the same with anything else.

We have be real. You do want you want, but we have to keep the standard, which is to respect the deen. Wearing xijaab and going clubbing is better then not wearing xijaab and going clubbing. And you don’t have to do one or the other! Do what you can of what is good and avoid what you can of sin.

And this is not just with girls and xijaab. I personally have many sins I do, but that will not stop me from doing whatever good it is that I do, no matter how little.

Rahima   

Salaams,

Buubto pretty much said all i had to say, however, just one quick point in regards to the sister who wore the hijab because she feared death. The sister was correct in her reason for wearing the hijab because she feared her meeting with Allah in the akhira and that she would be held accountable for her actions (i.e not wearing the hijab in this case). This my sister, Kool Kat constitutes as fearing Allah and Taqwa (piety) is the station between hope in the mercy of Allah and fear of his punishment. So really, to fear death in the recognition you will meet Allah is to do something for Allah. I hope that makes sense smile.gif

As for enouraging sisters to remove the hijab because of her actions, i disagree with that, we should at all times keep in mind "amar bin macruuf wa nahya canil munkar" (order good and forbid evil). HOWEVER, i think its best if these sisters that disrespect the hijab began to take more responsibility. What they don't realise is that they represent Islam not just themselves. I wish they'd respect the hijab and not treat it as a piece of material you can buy, as one woman once said.

Haniif, Two thumbs up brother.

JaneDoe   

Okay there was this new guy, who was basically fresh of the boat so to speak, who came up to a friend of mine and said"why do you wear that stuff?",referring to the hijab, he was trying to be as ghetto as his minimal knowledge of English would let him without sounding like a deaf retard! I was shocked that a boy who has been here for maybe 1 year has been americanized or in this case ghettofied and stripped of his own religion and its teachings! Shameful! Havent liked the brotha since! Now he's actually sportin a ponytail..need I say more?

Haashim   

Well said brother haniif, it was said this is only for sisters but after asking permission i would like to contribute.

If someone doing good and evil deeds you have to encourage to do more good deeds and to stop the evil, not to say beerta waa la wada galaa ama waa laga wada baxaa, that's wrong believe, we all do good and evil, we just need to increase the good and to decrease the evil, and that's sign of the mu'muiniin as ALLAH (S.W.T) says telling us the kinds of muu'miniin in the QURA'AAN ...WA AAKHARUUNA ICTARAFUU DUNUUBAHUM KHALADHUU CAMALAN SAALIXAN WA AAKHARA SAYIA'N (... and others admitted their sins mixed some good and some evil deeds...) I want to remember us that one of salafusalih said i have to find myself in the quran because ALLAH (S.W.T) say WE REVEALEAD A BOOK IN WHICH U WILL FIND YOURSELVES.... and he began to search quran verses to find which verse describes him untill he saw the above mentioned verse he said i found myself in the QURA'AAN. (although this is TAWAADUC from him its true for us).

So don't discourage the sister to do little KHAYR but encourage her to increase the khayr and to stop the evil.

Finally, as brother haniif said do little KHAYR better than nothing and i will add doing little SHAR is better than the doing many SHAR as long as you are muslim, because tomorow ther will be weight scale if your good deeds increase u will be happy and if your bad deeds increase you will be unhappy.

WASALAAMU CALAYKUM.

LACNADI HA KU DHACDO DAALIMIINTA, LAAKIIN KUWA KA AAMUSAN KA WARRAMA.