galbeedi

Premier Rooble could be running for president now, not 2025.

galbeedi   

We have another drama in Mogadishu thanks to the lame duck president and a prime minister who is inspired by the opposition to eliminate and weaken the president in order to diminish his future standing if he wins the next election.

We have to differentiate the mistakes Farmaajo had made and the constitutional frame work that everyone should flow. 

Folks, a lot is going on in Somalia. Blind ambition coupled with foreign interference or backing , tribal greed and dysfunctional system has finally led to the total collapse of  the already fractured relationship.

Before we discuss the major motives of premier Rooble to weaken and challenge directly  the president for the third or fourth time, let us look what the provisional constitution allows the president and the prime minister.

The Mogadishu media and the opposition is pedaling half truths about the powers of the president. First of all, the powers of the president are not, I repeat, are not transferable to anyone whether it is the premier, the son of the president or anyone else as long as the president is acting in his position. THese powers could only be transferred to an elected person, not someone appointed. 

President Farmaajo has transferred the security and the implementation of the election to the premier, I repeat the election only. We are all well aware the term of the president has expired, but he could only lose his constitutional authority after another elected president takes the power. Furthermore, the excessive branch outside the cabinet is directly appointed and fired by the president. THe premier could recommend their suspension or firing by discussing and getting the blessing of the president, but he can't fire them by decree.

Now, here are the major mistakes Rooble made in this case.

1--premier Rooble shouldn't be challenging and sending ultimatums to the intelligence director through the media. This reminds me of Trump who fired FBI director James Comey on television. It is reckless and unprofessional.

2- Rooble had put the credibility of Al-shabaab from those of NISA. The Intelligence, through its intelligence gathering had confirmed the death of officer Ikram Tahliil by Al-shabaab. Then Al-shabaab had denied of her murder, thus Rooble believes the statement of Al-shabaab above the government intelligence agency. In fact, he said, " he doesn't trust the NISA statement about her ". Since when Al-shabaab, who uses extortion, murder, duplicity to achieve its goals are more credible than those who are fighting them?

3-He elevated a criminal homecide matter to a constitutional crises that had shaken government at this late stage.

On the other hand, president Farmaajo had fallen to the trap of the opposition one more time. It was clear that Rooble was looking for fight against Farmaajo for the last few months. When Farmaajo ordered the government not to enter any foreign agreements during the transition period, Rooble contradicted him publicly. Then he went to Nairobi and tried to sign a commercial agreement with Kenya and only changed his mind after an uproar from the public. He even tried to convene a meeting among government and regions in SAudi Arabia without the knowledge ofthe president. And now he fires security chiefs without consulting the president. Farmaajo probably lost his head this time and said , enough.

For those and many other reasons , Farmaajo should have known that Rooble is seeking to confront him on behalf of the opposition or for his own ambitions.

Director Fahad Yasin might be a well-connected intelligence director, but he is not sophisticated enough to manage government bureaucracy or resolve political problems. He is known to use either brute force or bribes to achieve his goals. When Rooble demanded answers, he could have given him the usual runaround while flowing government protocol by being subordinate to the prime minister. He shouldn't be running to Farmaajo and create unnecessary problems for both. He could have said, " I am on it, will give you answers in 24 hours.

Some say, no matter what Fahad Yasin does, Rooble was hell bent on sacking him. 

Now, since every move is politically motivated in Mogadishu, what is the main reasons that made the opposition to ride this unfortunate case of Marhum Ikrah Tahliil.

I have no doubt in my mind this case is an opposition horse to ride to the election. These are probably the main reasons.

1-There was a similar case few months ago about Somali army recruits sent to Eritrea. Some mothers were used to march in the streets and demand the where about of their sons. Even the UN people joined and added fuel to the fire by claiming that the Somali soldiers were fighting in Axum Tigray. Somehow, those parents have disappeared now, and no one had told us why.

2-We have all seen that premier Rooble was traveling around the  region and among the countries who have vested interest in Somali, mainly Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UK, Kenya and Djibouti. Premier Rooble told us that his main goal is to conduct a fair election now and prepare himself for the 2025 election. Yet his moves are totally the opposite. Somalis are not known to be people who look to the future and sacrifice for the common good even if it doesn't cost them that much.

My sources told me that his foreign travels are all intended for the upcoming election. For example, Rooble had an extensive discussion with Uhuru Kenyatta about the Somali election. pRemier Rooble isn't stranger in Kenya. He has a wife and family that reside Kenya and he have been living in Nairobi for the last 15 years.

My source also told me that Mr. Kenyatta had private meeting with Ahmed Madoobe and C/laahi Deni recently. Since Mr. Kenyastta is well versed in  Somali tribal politics due to his dealings with Kismayo and Gedo, he suggested that since the current president is from the D block, it will be the interest of everyone to have a HAG president. The two stooges from Puntland and Jubbaland had accepted this proposal and will be acting accordingly.

Yesterday , I did talk to someone who is close to the Puntland government and he told me that they have 75 seats (Punt & Jubba) and they will be given to their choice for president in the second round. He said, the main reason we delayed the election was to secure the seats, and Farmaajo, just like Hassan Sheikh will get 80 or 90 , but he will be defeated for the second round. When I asked him if they will be positioning for the premiership, he said, " we might even give the premier to the JUbbaland boys". For these Puntlanders, their main goal is to get rid of Farmaajo, and it seems they could achieve it.They are pragmatic and are willing to compromise to to reach their goals.

3- Rooble was selected by Farmaajo due to his weakness . Just like Farmaajo he isn't eloquent in his speeches and doesn't have charisma to command the crowd. But, unlike Farmaajo , he has good advisers and he listens them very well. Who knows, if he keeps scoring points against this weak president, this cat could become a lion in the future.

Also, Rooble  sees a vacuum both from the opposition and the current president. Waxa uu arkayaa kursi cidla yaala.

Don't be surprised if  Rooble throws his hat to the ring and run for president.

At the end, Farmaajo could lose because of his choices. The men he chose to be his prime ministers had both conspired to eliminate him. Looking back, both Cumar Sharmaarke and Hassan Sheikh were heavy weights who tolerated their competition for the greater good. They were both running for president, yet the business of the government was functioning smoothly.

• Thanks 1

We will see , it is very bizzare and amateurish what  is going on. 

The next parliament has to set record and ammend constitution on powers of President/Prime Minister so Somalis don't fall into this ongoing conflict. 

Somali waxay tiri,   mar i dage , Allah ha dago , mar labaad idage aanaa is dagey.  How this weak fool Rooble was chosen in first place,  believe me he will end like Khayre,  somehow, international players tempted Khayre , The same way they  also enticed and playing with Rooble. 

Duufaan   

I have different point of few. Rooble is motivated by money. Before he was appointed Rooble had small shop in Kenya. He was a little poor man with many children's. He hoped to be rich soon like anybody in Moqdish. That did not happened. The government does not have money but Bayle is still able to buy the salaries. He just panicked knowing he may not come back. He started working with Farmaajo oppositions to fill his empty bag. First the Kenya deal did not worked as well, than the Cairo visit did not brought any money either, Sisi never met him. He tried Saudi Arabia and it did not work either. Finally Ikram case was the last opportunity and it may worked well for him for the money he was after. Fahad was probably able to bring a  check some how.

If this is settled the way media reported. It  is going to be big win for Farmaajo team and big lost for the old group. The old group that was benefiting the system for the last 22 years, see their role and advantage diminish as long Farmaajo around and they gone fight him every way possible. From the elites of SSDF to clan Malesia in south west accupying the farm land are afraid as their role continue diminish as others make gains. This is very much battle of resources for those who got most of it and others who want their share.

Duufaan   
WWW.WARQAAD.INFO

Xasaradda Siyaasadeed, ee uu abuuray Taliyihii hore ee Hay’adda Nabad-sugidda iyo Sirdoonka Qaranka Fahad Yaasiin, isla-markaana uu sii huriyay Madaxweynihii hore Farmaajo, ayaa sababi karta in...

We do not have any bigger national problem than this. These few clan melesia driving the national army trucks are real problem. This is what Xasan skeikh left and they want to maintain the status que. it is like being the yuhuudii soomali.

I think it is much simpler than that,  fellas. 

I think he sees himself a saviour of the nation after the parliament extension kerfuffle.  

'Advisors' are whispering 'you're the man in charge,  man in his ears. Get on with it'.

The fact that he moved so fast against Fahad,  who is pretty much Farmaajo's right hand man,  says a lot.  

My two cents are, this will get ugly and tribal very quickly.  Rooble will come out of the closet, and side with the opposition. He will declare his candidacy, more crisis will ensure.  

Dalmar1   

The man Rooble is doing all the right things, but nooooooo he's bad and farmaajo is good, SMH!

Clearly too many cult followers here.

galbeedi   
5 hours ago, Dhagaxtuur said:

Rooble will come out of the closet, and side with the opposition. He will declare his candidacy, more crisis will ensure.  

At the moment, he has more chances than Hassan Sheikh and Shariif Ahmed.

The smiling faces of deputy premier Guuleed and Cabdi Hashi could mean something bigger than the eyes could see. They both could join the new Rooble coalition. If the reports of Nairobi meeting is true,  Rooble could be the new horse of the Kenya/Djibouti coalition. 

The Kenyans are not even waiting , today they opened an office in Somaliland and that tells you something.

6 hours ago, Dhagaxtuur said:

I think he sees himself a saviour of the nation after the parliament extension kerfuffle.  

If he really want to fix things, he should avoid any moves that could wreck the boat or weaken the fragile institutions. If he flows the logic of the opposition which is to keep Farmaajo out of the ballot that could back fire.

6 hours ago, Dalmar1 said:

The man Rooble is doing all the right things, but nooooooo he's bad and farmaajo is good, SMH!

Farmaajo is just reacting. The man was quite for the last three months. 

Duufaan   

Just going after Fahad Yasin he got more enemies than  friends. I have hard time see hm getting any seats at  all. He is mad and rushing. So he is either tribally motivated or money motivated. He seems unstable right now.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:35 PM, Dhagaxtuur said:

My two cents are, this will get ugly and tribal very quickly.  Rooble will come out of the closet, and side with the opposition. He will declare his candidacy, more crisis will ensure.  

Hahaha.  Sheekada waa bilow. 

30 jir, 30 milyan.

Duufaan   
19 minutes ago, Dhagaxtuur said:

Hahaha.  Sheekada waa bilow. 

30 jir, 30 milyan.

Moqdisho getting more peaceful, more open for business scares people like 30 jir, 30 milyan. He can not have the monopoly he needs to continue hugely profit insecurity. Rooble is calculated what he is doing by taking advise from these people. The end game is to bring Farmaajo down sooner rather later which they share with others including foreigners. They already talking about attacking NISA building tonight.

galbeedi   

THere is another hidden plot to destroy the national intelligence agency . When was the last time you heard about targeted assassinations? NISA agents are every where to monitor the lone wolf who is pulling the trigger and running away in the daylight.

A serious agency is a threat to foreign players and the criminal businessmen who finance insurgencies. Besides, since when is a director of an agency criminally responsible for the mistakes of the field agent?

Khadafi   

Galbeedi, we live in the same city and had common friends, The man is a buisnessman and not a politician.  I would with 100% say that it does not in the intrest of the somali ppl to see rooble as a prime minister. A man who made the bizarre mistake of de-ligitimizing  the state securiity apparatus by trusting Al-shabaabs denial of their brutal girl who was a soldier in the armed forces of NISA. By hinting at al.shabaabs denial as an argument and firing fahad yaasin he has demoralised thousands of soldiers.?  The blame lies with farmaajo. While he could have picked a veteran politician he picked a person whom he thought  would be a nacam-yeel.. 

The so called opposition led by the man from guri-ceel used words in the media as "farmaajos nisa, farmaajos regime", Has he forgotten that Al-shabaab are the gates of mogadishu?

Who lost and who is the wion? Al-shabaab gained legitamacy, the state instutution and NISA became defunct by this bizarre move by the pm. Who is to blame? Farmaajo. A man who stubbornly refused to follow IC road map,  making the UN official non-grata, The IC- punished farmaajo by witholdning money for three months, it took him only three months waje up and aknowlidge that Somalia is fragile state and that without Amisom tanks al-sahbaab or clans would have overun the government! 

The fault lies with Farmaajo,  choosing novice m00tyaam as PM.

Anyways,  I too was surprised how the family of the girl,  opposition,  media and prime minister all giving credibility to monstrous group.

Someone send me a link from somali website saying Shabaab denied,  and they don't target women n children,  looked at it, the next news article below the denial is shabaab slaughtering whole family,  kids, mother etc

galbeedi   
4 hours ago, Khadafi said:

Somalia is fragile state and that without Amisom tanks al-sahbaab or clans would have overun the government! 

Khadaafi,

I agree everything you said. Your analysis of weakening of NISA in on the spot. At the end the buck stops at Farmaajo. Also, I am one of those who got the wake up call about the danger of the tribal militia to the government. I think Amisom will be needed more than ever.