Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Memory of a Goldfish? Then welcome

Pujah.   

Goldfish memory eh!.....I have always being absent minded and have at some point or another lost my car keys, my cell phone even my wallet. but lately i have started forgeting people. walahi the other day i went to halal meat store and this guy came up to me. he was so excited to see me like and old friend and started asking me all kind of questions of how i have been and how i was doing and about my family etc. and this whole time i am thinking where have i seen this guy...for the life of me i couldnt place his name or where i knew him from....so i just greated him asking him similar small questions. sometime later on that day i remembered who he was......argh how could I forget....we used to be good friends in school and spent many nights craming for exams together.

Seriously my great grandma who is almost 100 yrs old no one really knows her age has better memory than me redface.gif

^ LoL...Happens.

Zu/Haniif...afraid I haven't seen that film. I don't go for romantic mush. icon_razz.gif

Fidel,

xaji: Honey, come on to bed. I'm waiting.

Zephyrine: Who the f&*k are you? And why are you in my bed?

Before or after I dial the police? Miskiinku will prolly spend more time down at the station than in bed.

Forgetfulness: Forgetting things or loss of memory ability....

Other possibilities include the side effects of various medications and other medical conditions such as
depression, anxiety,

Ok...that explains it. redface.gif

I once forgot to turn off a bunsen burner at a chem lab. :eek: Thank god I remembered and called security before the whole place burned down.

P.S. I think I also left a gas cap on. Chemistry was never my thing anyway.

I tend to forget things I'm not interested in. Convenient. Very convenient. Or if I'm not reminded at least twice a day.

Jacpher   

Most of you probably forget or lost something that can be replaced. A few months back, a friend of mine (whom I admire and respect more) let me borrow a video tape of his family and a new house they just build back home. I took the tape given that I will return the next day because it was the only copy his brother send to him.

I took the tape and watched it and I forget to eject it from the VCR. A few hours later, the VCR recorded a show that I scheduled to record. Oh my lord! Simply, I forget to change the tape with another one or cancel the scheduled recording. The next day I took the tape out and gave it to my friend. The whole family gathered to watch "their dream house" and family members back home but suddenly, there is David Letterman and his ridiculous late night laughs. I was speechless when he called me because I knew exactly what happened to the tape because I could not find the show I planned to record. This was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life if not the most.

Since this incident, I now plan to get a DVR or build a custom pvr.

LuCkY   

^^^Ouch...that is sad.

Zeph..sis youre not mad...I have had the same probLem for quite some time now. I do not know why its happenin' and I aint no doctor fan...so forget that.

I have Left my purse in a cLassroom, on top of the car and drove away with and Left it in the bathroom. I have Locked myseLf out of my car, Left my ceLL phone aLL over the pLace. And LIke Rahima I have forgotten that I was cooking and didnt go back into the kitchen untiL I heard the smoke detector cooking off-Lol-this happened countLess of times...The List is endLess YaLL so May ALLah heLp us ALL.

Muhammad   

BB ;)

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

Most of you probably forget or lost something that can be replaced. A few months back, a friend of mine (whom I admire and respect more) let me borrow a video tape of his family and a new house they just build back home. I took the tape given that I will return the next day because it was the only copy his brother send to him.

I took the tape and watched it and I forget to eject it from the VCR. A few hours later, the VCR recorded a show that I scheduled to record. Oh my lord! Simply, I forget to change the tape with another one or cancel the scheduled recording. The next day I took the tape out and gave it to my friend. The whole family gathered to watch "their dream house" and family members back home but suddenly,
there is David Letterman and his ridiculous late night laughs.
I was speechless when he called me because I knew exactly what happened to the tape because I could not find the show I planned to record. This was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life if not the most.

Since this incident, I now plan to get a DVR or build a custom pvr.

Lol,

you should have sent this to David himself! :D

Once I left for school bare-feet, did not realize untill I was in the parking lot

The other day, I arrived at the mosque, entered the Masjid and stood for tahiyatul-Masjid. When I first bowed down for the Rak'a I realized I had my left shoe on and people were looking at me like I'm gone nuts...it was really embarrassing redface.gif but finished my salah still my shoe on!

Cara.   

I once forgot to pick up my niece from daycare. Both her mom and dad were away on a trip, so the daycare couldn't get ahold of them and I was studying so I turned off my cellphone. The daycare called child services, thinking the little girl was abandoned. To this day my niece exhibits a level of clinginess that is unusual for a Somali child...

The weird thing is that I'm as forgetful as can be when it comes to everyday living, but I have a photographic memory when it comes to reading. Give me a book, and I can not only remember the exact words, but also which side of the sheet they were on, where on the page, whether it was a short paragraph, etc.