Sign in to follow this  
Maxamed Caday

The Largest Somali Mall in North America!

Pujah   

Originally posted by Discreet1:

Lets be realistic , since when did a freaking
Flea Market
becoume a mall !

Exactly what I was thinking.

For the record the place is dull and has nothing new to offer.

raula   

Iam not gonna comment on the city-I had a good time there last time I remember(they seemed cool to me-I mean my crew and all the people I met there..)

but the biggest somali mall is gonna be Karamel in MPLS. Has anyone seen the expansion now..its awesome ;)

shyhem   

^^^^^^^

Wellcome back.........I haven't been to karamel for long but i heard progressive minded people are doing wonders there nowadays,not to mention chances of meeting hot ladies around there :D

bilan   

well to me it looks nice and wonderful, i do not understand why do we have to be so negative all the time.maybe to some people it is small step,but everything starts small and grows, and whether colombus is bad,boring or not,that is where these people live. give them a break and say your congratulation with smile smile.gif

Sky   

Originally posted by shyhem:

Columbus is plain sleepy midwest and i must say regardless of how many open air markets you open, it still sucks...........the only good thing is there are indeed a few somali ladies for those interested in flirting with the sisters.

Hayee hayee now you're talking my language brotherman. Columbus is a disgrace, but it does have its share of fine looking mamasitas.

Ya'll won't believe this, but when I visited my relatives in the Buckeye state, their actually was a war in their neighbourhood going on between Somalis and Blacks. Funniest thing, I saw this darkazz Farax walking around like a madman with a baseball bat calling a lightskinned girl: Negger, Slave! Let me tell you I was in a state of shock.

QANCIYE   

Did u guys say something about OHIO???

Hmm no comments

just plain no comment due tothe fact never seen somalis as the ones in OHIO>>> i mean i've been to so many other places. Not even comparable just bunch of weirdoesssssssss walaaaaaaaaahi

Gabbal   

^^Really? Now what someone would consider "weird" pertains to an individual, but you generalizing the people of the city can only mean one thing, especially since the city has a tribal connotation to it.

Columbus is a disgrace

What part of Columbus have you been to Sky? smile.gif BTW Ceel-Gaab is a city on the Ethiopian side of the border, and along with the Galgadud cities of Cabudwaq and Balanballe, is unofficialyl called the Tri-Cities.

Sore azz haters.Why not just say thank you to who ever was responsible for this instead of all this BS.Whether its a flea market or mall isnt the issue here and I would think you would remember before you write some dumb remark like the ones above Somalis are relatively new to this nation(all or most having come here as refugees with lil or no money in their pockets) and this after only a short stay here, surely this is a sign of better and greater things to come in the future.

Today its the Global mall tommorrow who knows..........

Gediid their unnecessary remarks are based on something..veiled. Anyways last time I was in Columbus, they were just in building phase and I sure as heck didn't think it would turn out so good. So kudos to them.

Bess.   

horn...that is not true...the city is indeed ugly...and by saying so...I wasn't at least implying anything about the people who live there...as for the tribal connotations....I have nothing but love for that particular tribe... ;)

CHE   

Muhammad Cadaan,

Mad props to you and your website.

As for Columbus, the city has been great to us lot that live here.We regret if we've disappointed folks from fancier cities.Give us heads-up next time around, and we'll make your stay enjoyable.

for the record,Columbus is the antithesis of the silly remarks that were made toward it.And we'll be sure not to get agitated by the words of few despaired nomads.

Sky   

What part of Columbus have you been to Sky?

I stayed in Hilliard sxb in an all-Somali neighbourhood. It was the bomb. But the city itself is boring and ugly. What part have YOU been to?

Plus you're exagerating the 'tribal connotation' of Columbus. My people occupy a big share of the Somali population there and I'm not even talking about Reer Puntland. smile.gif

What´s that BULLSHIT you´re talking about Ceel Gaab in Ethiopia and tri/cities fiction? Ceel Gaab is derived from the famous Ceel Gaab in Xamar, next to Iskuraran and Waberi. Even in Etobicoke, T/Dot you have Ceel Gaab. Sheeko buu inoo wadaa kawaran. :D I know which Ceel Gaab you mean, the one in Dolloow. If that´s one of the ´Tri-Cities´ of your folk than I can only be amused.

Deeq A.   

Promoting your website/product on SOL forums without permission is clearly against the rules of Somalia Online?

I will delete this topic after you read my comment.

Kashafa   

^^ You need to fall back, son. He's not advertising or hawking a product on this thread. Just giving us a Somali Success story. Good inspiration for us young bucks to go out there and make the entrepreneurship thing work.

Full Steam ahead, walaalkiis.

bilan   

what kind of advertisement is in this thread? he just designed a website and gave us an opportunity to see what is going on among somali communities in ohio, i am really glad he did, because otherwise i would not know it.

btw what is up with tribe thing, wow, some people are really paranoid, can not people criticize a city without being accused :confused:

Haddad   

Originally posted by bilan:

what kind of advertisement is in this thread?

A commercial link or site is a potential advertisement. The poster of the link might be advertising in the hope those who live in or visit the city where the mall is located could become potential customers. The link has already been posted in the topic about best Somali website design. I tend to agree with Admin.

Gabbal   

Besbaaso disregard my post sis. It was ment for a few individuals anyways icon_razz.gif

Sky, the Ceel-Gaab marketplace in Xamar was named for the city Ceel-Gaab.