Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Borrowing/Lending

STOIC   

Bishaaro, i have stacks of examples echoing your frustrations some which i am a victim or the victimizer :D .Recently i have borrowed some Somali CD's(am trying to step up my Somali songs knowledge :D ) from a female freind of mine.I can not trace them where i put them.I am feeling guilty on how to approach her and tell her about the mystery of her CD's.She has any number of reasons to be mad.I personally don't like people to misplace my stuff!We all need to learn how to reciprocate hospitalities that we are given.Still grieving about the loss of the CD's :mad:

Laba-X   

Bishaaro, if like me you do not have the courage to say NO to someone asking for something, then you'll forever keep lending things without expecting them to return...Iska ilow kuwaasi tage e!

Bishaaro, Soomaali waxay hore u tiri " xoolahaaga(money or materials) intaada bixin ka hor ayey waxay ku yiraahdaan ha i bixinin hadaa i bixisidna ha isoo ceshan".

On this same token, you know what really gets me.

When friends see you wearing a new shirt or pants or jacket or sweater or even a new hat and they go byzirk and say stuff like “how great it will on them or whatnot†don’t they know it’s the katabaanka ay dharka suran yihiin NOT the dharka per say

Haye, weli mid aad wax isutihiin ama saaxiibtihiin intey soo budhuqbudhuqleysay ma ku weydiisay inaad a £1000 set of furniture 'credit' ugu qaadid?

LoL..waaba living-room dhan u iibi ileen iyada waxba kuma khasbayaan inay each monthly installment bixiso ee. It's not like her name is going to be black-listed when she doesn't pay it off, is it? Living it large (on other people's money) they call it!

God, maxaan necebahay dadka waxyaalahaas oo kale dadka kale weydiista. Parasites!

Dadka qaarkood waxa ugu yar ey amaanaystaan xitaa wey ku saqajaamaan (what's the point of keeping a handbag you borrowed from someone else? Either keep it and buy the person a new one, or return the ba$tard item.)

Needless to say, I don't like lending anything to anybody I want to keep around for the long term. Lending/borrowing always means a speedy (and acrimonious) end to that particular relationship.

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

.... What I can't figure out, is why does this happen? Why does borrowing/lending money tend to produce a rift among friends?

Greed! That is why I rarely lend money. When I do, I make sure I humiliate and demoralize the borrower by making him/her shamefully beg. Make it memorable for them, I promise they'll pay you back.

I always get my dough back!

Right now I've got $83 lent out to my good gym buddy,

Just curious, what does gym buddy mean?

Nephissa   

^ Gym buddy = We go to the gym together! There are also other buddies of mine who owe me alot of stuff ie; bus buddy, lunch buddy, coffee buddy!

Baluug   

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

^ Gym buddy
=
We go to the gym together! There are also other buddies of mine who owe me alot of stuff ie; bus buddy, lunch buddy, coffee buddy!

So can you lend your SOL buddy $20 bucks? I'll pay ya back, honest!!

:D

underdog   

Originally posted by Castro:

^ What about those you lend your heart to and they bring it back broken, if at all?

Man, what are you doing lending out your heart anyway????

Gambling is not good for you. Fatal Flaw, my friend. Give NOTHING, play it close to the chest.

Modesty   

Bisharo, you seem to be a good friend, but maybe these friends of yours are treating you like a door mat. Most people might associate being nice as being a door mat, and sometimes some people will step on you like a door mat. I learned this personally, I remember I gave this friend of mine these brand new shoes to go out with, she returned it 3 weeks later scratched up and dusty. Again I gave this girl a couple of bucks she wanted borrow, the next month she seen me she said she forgot about what she owed me...so I let it because it was only $5.You really can learn the person's integrity and character if you let them borrow money. My mom always told me..if you want to learn someone let them borrow something.

Also, you have to know the character of the person, if the person fears Allah, most of the time they know according to the prophet's(saw) last sermon of returning something that was entrusted to you to its owner.