Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

help me out here.

Miriam1   

Preety, great for a house without any kids..cause those chairs would be looooooong gone with a few toddlers running around.

Love the bed room.

Why do u ask?

Xafsa   

My abti's new wife is coming from africa so I'm helping him pick out some furniture for their place.

They don't have kids yet so the chairs are safe for now ;)

I love the living room set...I'm trying to keep my abti from the whole dark look....the dark furniture, dark daah, dark rugs....

Saalixa   

f_still

sister those furnitures are nice, Exotique, beautiful, breathtaking etc.

but theres one problem " they are to damn white and wont last long" commin you know us somali'? couples straight away have kinds after thier first or second year coz they get bored of just seein each other and waking up with no-one else every morning.

how bout if you mix and match? like with the bedroom set you can get the nice brown and light brown, rich in colour italian suite. Believe me they are really nice. The texture is very nice and with the couches try getting creamy, light brownish coulur and get a different colour for the carpet, coz once stained it leaves the mark for the rest of its usage years. ANd the dining set is just perfect

but you've done a great job, they are really nice.

well good luck and congradulates 4 ur Abti ;)

Paragon   

Flying Still... those are nice settings indeed! But you know the other problem ontop of the one the sister above me mentioned is; the cost!....

Nowadays people put little furniture into their homes, (coz they dont wonna spend much) but claim...oh! the setting is meant to be "alittle Feng Shui"..lol it always works!

yeah yeah! feng shui! lol

Xafsa   

feng shui aa?....acuudkoo..could you explain that to this reer baadiyo?

I agree cost is a big thing:

the first 3 items the prices are:

$854 for the bedroom set

$1400 for the living room

$1900 for the dining room...but if you make the table 4 chairs instead of 6 then the price becomes $1300.

Paragon   

feng shui (pronounced "fung shway") is the Chinese discipline that teaches us how to attract and enhance our life energy (called chi) according to how our homes are arranged.

It takes abit of time to explain but in a nutshell it idealises your home and divides it into sections. These divisions could be translated as different aspects of your life.... so every section of the home deals with....an aspect of your life....these sections are said to be nine....called something like bagua! or the map of feng shui ... it looks something like this...

bagua2.jpg

it is abit of nonesense some of it... but ...i like the desin without associated anywhre to anything....

they say your front door opens into your skils and knowledge, career and helpful individuals.......

for more infor....check this page out .... Change your life with Feng Shui

Haneefah   

Flying...I really love that second set you have up there...jini beige la yidhahdo ayaan leeyahay...the iron/glass coffee tables go beautifully with the set and goldish/white sheer or silk curtains (like white base with goldish stripes ) would finish off the room...cuz a little brightness is always useful in living rooms.

The white set is not bad either..luv the design but it needs a lot more maintenance. And the bedroom set... well If the woman is coming from africa then she's gonna wanna see a lot more dhaldhalaal in there, contemporary look when it comes to furnishing would just not be their first choice.

Jaabir   

Flying.. consider the furniture shops in Chicago (the city not Chicago ave) there are some Arab furniture business who sell the sets you put in here for the fraction of what they are sold for in Minneapolis…

The second living-room set is nice. The carpet has a lil too much shigaar, but I like the coffee-cream colour combination.

Flying,

You sure u aint shopping for your own bridal home? icon_razz.gif

Xafsa   

BArwaaqo...bax icon_razz.gif

What about the rest of the stuff?

Jamaal thanks hon.

Nafiisa- I was just thinking that the 2nd living room set is better looking than the rest...but the bedroom does need some sharaxaad...but we got the somali stores for that.

The bedroom looks a little bit serene..and we don't want it to be like that :D I'm seggusting wild dark colors, wild prints, and wild arrengement. I guaranteed your uncle will disown you in no time ;)

Everything looks fly....go for it ;)