Sign in to follow this  
Katrina

An Open Letter to Maryooleey

Posted By Ahura

Sadly, those attitudes seem to be deeply ingrained in the Somali psyche because a surprisingly large number of women still hold on to those notions.

Ahura, by other women which repeatedly kept the revival of this sad tale, I strongly believe we have come along way so far. There are some cases today, but in my view it doesn’t hold water.

Castro, now you get mad, when Cabdulaahi yusuf (yeey) got elected for presidency, there were several a huge parties that were held for his victory (the biggest one in the convention center, Minneapolis MN) where hundreds and thousands of people showed up for support. Few days later it was eid al-adha, and none of the Somali communities had enough funds to rent a hall to accommodate the prayer. Every one had to pray at their local mosque or pray with other communities.

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Indeed, the clan cancer has metastasized. This terminally ill culture of ours must be euthanized.

You think so? That would be tantamount to knocking Earth out it's planetary motion. How does one achieve such daunting task?

Nuke 'em?

Looool@ castro. Calm down atheer. we need you arround if we are ever gonna revive or reform such culture :D . But I feel ya. Somalis are one sick race :eek:

----------------------------------------------

Get Up! Up Even the best fall down sometimes

Castro   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

How does one achieve such daunting task?

By confronting and shaming those who practice it. It's quite simple really. You know them, I know them, we all know them. They're in every family. One good way of doing this is confronting the morons who will show up in support of Sangub on the 23rd. Who cares if we bring our laundry to the outside. It's already out there and it stinks. Confront these fools and show them they're in fact in the minority. Shame them and scorn them. Come out in support of the accuser. You will be accused of being clannist, sure, since that's the only thought their small minds are capable of formulating. Bring this police report and show it to them. If they can't read, read it to them. Let them explain exactly why they're supporting the accused if it's not for tribal affiliation or sympathy. Surely they're not out there weathering the Minneapolis cold because they value poetry and the arts.

So an alleged recorded telephone conversation, and equally alleged admission to a police officer is all we need to condemn Sangub? If I counsel patience until this case sees its day in the court of law, I am with the rapist or clannish person who’s devoid of principle miyaa? I call that ibtilo.

In short, the man is innocent till proven guilty, I say.

Sayyid   

^^I second that! It seems that some people are too eager to condemn Sangub into guilt. This is an on-going battle between people who are hell-bent to accuse someone of a crime, that is actually contested and disputed in the court at this moment. The court hearing has been prosponed til the end of February and from what I've been told, the judge is considering to throw this case out of the court because of lack of evidence.

There is no physical nor DNA evidence and I've told also by people close to the court-hearing that the girl who brought this case for the prosecution is actually someone with a questionable personality and character.

Actually she wasn't at the age she claimed to be, when the incident happened. People say she was actually over 18 years of age at that time but as sick society we are, we actually disguise our people's age when they come to the west. Some person that is 24 will be registered as a child who is just about going to start his puberty. How sick.

Hopefully doctors will be able to varify her real age and shame her for the rest of her life!

Castro   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

So an alleged recorded telephone conversation, and equally alleged admission to a police officer is all we need to condemn Sangub?

An "alleged admission" to a cop is called a confession, good Xiin. And what is so "alleged" about it, may I ask? Do you not think this is an authentic document? You can get the same thing at the county district court. May be officer Bernard Martinson who wrote it was clannist and is out to get Sangub?

Faheema.   

Guilty or Not Guilty...waxay u dhaxaysaa isaga iyo ilahay....

By all means voice your concern and debate about the issue at hand [child abuse or rape]....But if you personalize the matter and openly attack the "accused" individual...adigaa uun baa danbi ka guranaya at the end of the day.

Seems to me everyone wants to play the Judge and Jury nowadays. :confused:

Blessed   

^Haa laakin, haduu qofkii qirtey ma indhoheynu is xidheynaa? If it was a case where Sangub said shaqo kuma lihi from the beginning, my stance would be different. Laakin intuu qirtuu hada yidhi kaftan bey iga ahayd? It's fishy walaal.

Originally posted by Say(y)id Qutb:

Actually she wasn't at the age she claimed to be,
when the incident happened.

You’ve got to love Freud. As my niece would say 'ooooopsiii' :D

So, what are you saying Mr Sayyid, it's okay to rape a girl if she's over 18?

Sayyid   

I don't know what the legal implications are to this whole thread and what it contains. I would advice the administrators of this website to close this deflammatory thread because it is actully an on-going case that is contested at a court of law right now.

Without having any prove or evidence, some paranoid people who think that they have the moral upperhand want to play the judge and convict a man they don't know off.

They even don't know who this girl is that they're so kindly defending.

Actually I hope that Sangub will press charges and sue those people who are assassinating his character without merit.

No one is beyond criticism but with what you criticise the person must be true and facts and not "Oh, let's help that poor girl because she is a girl". That's sexism, which is actually a paradox because some people defended this girl because they might share "gender", how ridicules!

It's between the defendant and prosecutor (accusser) to settle their differences in a court of law.

We will await the trail and it's outcome inshallah!

Sayyid   

So, what are you saying Mr Sayyid, it's okay to rape a girl if she's over 18?

You don't seem to understand or comprehend what this whole case is actually all about!

The case is about an alleged indecent relationship with a minor/juvenile i.e. the defendant is accussed to have molested a 10 year old child!

Get a grip and don't take people's words out of context for the sake of it!

Faheema.   

^^^Ilhay baan kugu dhaarshee bal horta brake’ga u yara qabo…those roller-skates you have on seem to be going out of control and as result lost all sense of direction. Thank You ;)

Blessed Waan ku fahmay walaalo, lakiin again this all from “Waa la Idhi†source, wax aynu afkeena ku maqalnay ama indhaheena aynu ku aragtay maaha. So the best thing to do is to leave it isaga iyo danbigiisa.

Sayyid   

those roller-skates you have on seem to be going out of control and as result lost all sense of direction. Thank You

What! Do you mean with roller-skates that I've on?

You must be kidding. You must have been sitting in your "wheel-chair", when you were writing this nonsense. Look out because it seems that the wheelchair you sitting on is actually sliding down the hill and crashing into people because of the lack/lost of all sense of direction and manoeuvre!

Faheema.   

^^^ anagaa wax aragnay...can't seem to understand simple instructions...Inaar put a sock in it...zip it...Ku Jar, hadalkii baa kaa batee :mad: