Sign in to follow this  
Gediid

Ayaan Ali Hersi on CBS 60 minutes

Gediid   

I dont know how many of you had the chance to watch this weeks edition of 60 minutes but I was one of the unfortunate ones to see that woman(Ayaan Ali Hersi) on TV today.Here are some excerpts from that interview.....

Q:

.....Surely that must have been a gross insult to devout Muslims, to see those pictures," says Safer, of the images that appear in "Submission

A:

.....It depends," says Hirsi Ali. "If you're a Muslim woman and you read the Koran, and you read in there that you should be raped if you say 'no' to your husband, that is offensive. And that is insulting.

.....In the past, Hirsi Ali has called the prophet Mohammed a "perverted tyrant." She remarks, "he has said a few things that are not compatible with democracy." She has also called a part of the Koran "a license for oppression."

Another quote

......"She is seen as a traitor to Islam, the faith she rejected as a very young woman. Hirsi Ali says her rejection of Islam started at an early age: "From the time I started reading novels of Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys, I wanted to be like Nancy Drew." Her beliefs estranged her from her parents, who remain devout believers.

"They just don't get it, I think," says Hirsi Ali, who says her father thinks she's misguided. "The last time I spoke to my father, he told me that he believes that one day I will return to the faith."

And another quote

...."But Hirsi Ali refuses to back down. She says she's going to make a sequel to "Submission."

"By not making 'Submission Part II,' I would only be helping terrorists believe that if they use violence, they're rewarded with what they want," says Hirsi Ali.

Will she submit to the threats? "Not me," she says.

Here's the complete story but trust me watching it live on TV answer and say some of those things is even more repulsive than in writing...

Transcript of the whole episode

Bess.   

subxana'allah...i watched and i was amazed at how far this woman will go to further her career....it was the most gross and deliberate slander i have ever witnessed...i was mostly amazed at how demure she seemed ...personaly i think she is off her rocker for sure... :(

BTW....did u watch the "movie"...submission part 1?

Gediid   

The part I found quite distrubing and I quote

.....In the past, Hirsi Ali has called the prophet Mohammed a "perverted tyrant." She remarks, "he has said a few things that are not compatible with democracy."

What democracy is she eluding to.Did that very concept exist at the time of Mohammed(pbuh).Were the west even practicing it.Did the learned reporters even bother to bring that to her attention, maybe tell her that at the time of Mohammed(pbuh) half the western nations were ruled by barbarians and the other half were pagans and there was no such thing as democracy.....

Miriam1   

^ it really doesnt matter...she saying what they want to hear..a geniune muslim is hating on her own..so naturally there must be someting wrong!...I was watching bits of it..till they got so low, they insulted the Nabi..and thats when the TV went off..really whats the point..?

It isnt the first time this happened...its just happening now..and we are here to witness..so we are shocked...but she's just someone..who refused to believe, and chose to go on the offensive...

To the many who are already leaning on the "let me hate muslims" side..she is the perfect person to push them all the way..

But a person with an iota of intelligence will be able to see right through her...to her credit...she saw a chance to lead that life she was probably dreaming of during her break in whatever factory she worked in and now she is..with bodyguards and expensive cars...but as we know..its on the expense of all those women..she claims to be fighting for..

Yet another reason...to go back to where i can hear the adan!

and one more thing

Why do they lie with this tolerance stuff?

why dont they just come out and say..we want you for cheap labour!..i wouldnt mind...atleast then everyone would know..and forget the falso american dream...

can i ask a question!! why xalimos from WELL TO DO somali family go freaking OVER THE EDGE! :mad: i seen so many like this!!

I remember this Xalimo who landed in la couple of yrs back!! sitting at Starbucks tell me why she runaway from home, cuz daddy was molesting her...

u know if i did not her family, i would have believed her!! what a scumbags!!

basically, these gals r wimps!! there were weak in the head!! cant handle the nomad tough love living!!

look, if she was smart, she wont be dizzing no religion! period...!!

ignorance is bless to all haters! aint it!!

other than that! she aigt, she been hanging out with the whity too long and starving 4 some good ole farax loving!

Nephissa   

I watched her lastnite. Subhanalaah. If thats her way of looking for a fame, then she's digging her own grave. She also mentioned that she's not scared, & will make sequences of that documentary 'Submission.' It was the first time I saw her, and had totally different view of how she may look like. Allaha iga cafiyo but she seemed so "Dhoore" in that suite.

Caveman   

Gediid,

I just saw a taped program from last night’s ‘60 minutes’,

What I saw there was absolutely the most disgusting, apauling thing that I have ever seen.

But contrary to other opponents/enemies of Islam who present their travesties against Islam with subliminaly cunning and creative messages, She came off as utterly naïve and craving for westerner’s acceptance.

But lets keep things in perspective, what she is demonizing/slandering is the true religion and our Noble Prophet(pbuh), as tragic as that is lets remember Islam in the past has faced worst opponents then Ayan hersi and will face more .

What surprised me was ‘her influence in life’ by character stories created in the 1930’s of ‘Nancy Drew’, about a fictional mysterious detective girl. Even the creator of this ‘girls mystery-adventure’ a fella by the name Edward Stratemeyer, was quoted by saying he created this series to advance and jump-start feminine movement at that time.

I though, Any rational human with a compatible intellect who decides to confront and slander an entire Religion would back up their claims, but all she could says was ‘I want to be a Nancy drew’. Nacalatulaahi Calaik

But, I am afraid this is just the beginning...we(somalis) have only been in Diaspora for less then 20 yrs, to produce such character's of this women. Since Somalis are flocking to the western world, just imagine in 30 or 40 more years down the road.

Bess.   

did any of u watch the "movie"...submission part1...the movie by the murdered guy...theo van gogh....?

Beerlula   

Obviously there wasn't a lot of brains behind the woman she was just saying what them folks wanted to hear....look at when the reporter asks when she decided when this was not for her(referring to Islam) and she answers since the time i started reading nancy drew novels and ..............loooooooooooooooool

Damn man, how ****** could one get what is there in nancy drew novels that makes u question islam? I have been reading those in my very early years probablly 11 or 12 yrs old and other than mysteries there was nothing remotely related to religion. Which makes me wonder how old Ayan was when she was reading them ;)

Tahliil   

I liked the part where she had to say "By not making 'submission Part II' I would only be helping terrorists." She reminded me of Bill O'railly and the Fox news...and am thinkin she must have listened to and believed a lot of that crap...

Subhanallah, How far does one have to go lookin for a superficial fame???

Krupt33   

Please Pray for her dumb *** please.. I think that or to take her out of this planet is the only two things we can do... soo lets pray for her.

P.s. You can pray that she burns in hell too!! Ooh please do dumb *****

what poor old lady acting as young gril who run away married arengment...... please redface.gif

She strated with all of these idea that she run away back home couse her family wanted to areng a marriag.

cammon we all know that areng married used to back in the old days.

Her problem is, she got twisted the different between the clutrul rules and the reliogon.

all she came up is women are treated badly in somalia and afganistan, suadia and so on. but what she can't see is how women are treated in westeren countries.

Insha alaah one day she will notice the big mistake she is making. like her father said "that one day she will return to the faith."

LANDER   

Originally posted by rudy:

other than that! she aigt, she been hanging out with the whity too long and starving 4 some good ole farax loving!

lol :D