Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

GPU 2007

Ibtisam   

I'm looking forward to Amr Khaled, I love that man and Robert Fisk. Not really impressed with the rest. Should be good as usual.

There seems to be more non Muslim speakers than last yr. I hope Sir Ian Blair pulls out, otherwise I might be tempted to throw some eggs at him.

N.O.R.F   

He cant pull out. He would be slaughtered if he did. I'm sure he can handle a few eggs chucked his way but I doubt they will reach the stage :D

Ibtisam   

^^^Well if he gets sacked before then (2weeks) then there will be no need for him to attend. I don't need to throw too far, I have back stage access as one of the volunteers. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^THAT is GBH, I have a fear of being arrested and locked up for 7yrs! Pluz I want to disrespect him not kill him :D How violent and typical reer burco of you! lol

Paragon   

Dont wanna go there again- I dont wanna be wearing those floresent jackets. They are an insult to my fashion sense.

Besides, I kept asking myself: whats the point really? Unity? what unity? Peace? What peace?

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Xubeer:

Dont wanna go there again- I dont wanna be wearing those floresent jackets. They are an insult to my fashion sense.

Besides, I kept asking myself: whats the point really? Unity? what unity? Peace? What peace?

Was you security last year?

Peace and unity amongst Muslims is essential and at least an event is held every year attended by 50,000 people. Not bad I say.

chubacka   

Originally posted by Xubeer:

Besides, I kept asking myself: whats the point really? Unity? what unity? Peace? What peace? [/QB]

So true its jst choas, everyone pushing an shoving an talking so loud.

jst watch it on the islam channel if you wanna catch the speakers though I cnt see anyone really impressive. Shuhaib Webb was fantastic last yr.

NGONGE   

Didn't the organiser have a heart attack at last year's event?

Xubeer,

Tell the truth, how many digits did you get last year?

Kiya kaha aap ne? Bohot pyar karte? Oh my laddu! :D

Fabregas   

I volunteered at an event were lots of Somalis women attended wit childen(chaos).....one women even said to a younger Somali girl " naya caar dibada uu soo bax xxxxxxxxxxx gabadheyda baa ku sugeysa...xxxxx. hadaan lagu rif-rifin...

p.s The problem with such events is that it is hard to organise with such large numbers(impatient and rude as well) and still maintain an Islamic atmosphere....

Paragon   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Didn't the organiser have a heart attack at last year's event?

Xubeer,

Tell the truth, how many digits did you get last year?

Kiya kaha aap ne? Bohot pyar karte? Oh my laddu!
:D

Lol. Actually, I tried very hard but no chance. I tried to direct the odd pretty girl to somewhere secluded to interrogate the digits out of her. But I failed. I was accompanied by a pair of vigilant eyes, you see. She just didn't give me a break.

Aah, there were so many xijabified sisters of all colours there. So much I admired them from afar :D .