Sign in to follow this  
Resistance

A virus called WORK

A virus called WORK

There is a dangerous virus being passed electronically, orally and by hand.

This virus is called Worm-Overload-Recreational-Killer (WORK).

If you receive WORK from colleagues, boss or anyone else via any means,

DO NOT TOUCH IT. This virus will wipe out your private life completely.

If you come into contact with WORK put on your jacket and take two good

friends to the nearest Cafe. Purchase the antidote known as Shaqo-Hater-

Against-All-Xtrawork (SHAAX) or Can't-Operate -For-F***ing-Employer (COFFE).

Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

You should forward this warning to 5 friends. If you do not have 5 friends,

you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your life

I knew it! The doctors didn't understand my symptoms, they all failed to diagnose me and eventually they tried to ignore it, but deep down inside I knew I was sick with something dreadful and when I looked into their tired eyes, I knew it was contagious.

But I so much to live for, so many videogames to play, and one day I'll get better, I have to, for my family. For now, I need your help. Please light a candle for me and donate generously to my luxury retirement fund so I can recover from my condition before it's too late.

:(

Baashi   

^I'm donating bundle of green to LRF. The kind and generous guy I am, I'm considering donating an unspecified amount of green from the stash that I saved in my days of xoogsi...janitor work I used to do in Northwest Bank highrise (now Wells Fargo) in MPLS :D .

Back to the topic, I'm just curious guys how many of you have a real job?. What time do you wake up in the morning regardless of the timing of your shift? How many hours do you spend watching TV or browsing wild wild world?

Lazy fowqal lazy icon_razz.gif

STOIC   

Baashow, I currently have a “real†full time job :D . I wake up between 5:30 am and 6:00 am in the morning. I pray my morning prayers and get a quick coffee from the nearest coffee shop and head down to the laboratory. This is where I spend eight hours of my life. Listening to stressed out PHD student whose research project is not promising enough. I learnt to be a good listener and a sympathetic individual. I just got a new job offer this week, which pays way better. I will miss the people at my current job. The new place is more work and uptight :mad: . The boss gave me a quick tour when I was interviewed. The place looked more like a real job. I will miss my current freedom of browsing the web more often.

Baashi   

Stoic, good for ya awoowe. Get a wifey ;) , buy a house, and start living the dream buddy. I heard ATL is the place to be. Cheap houses plus Katrina money trickling down like a shower plus thriving and middle class black community hey that's as good as it gets in the South eh!

Scareface, I hear ya awoowe. How much?

STOIC   

Baashi, I realized Katrina money was trickling down when I saw pictures of mayor Nagin re-election in downtown Atlanta. Out of necessity, we all do work for all the things you mentioned; a house, a family (I skipped the wifey part :D ), vacation time, health insurance and retirement plans. Even though there is more to motivation than just to the size of the paycheck, we are here in this country to make the green awowo .

I hate my job sitting 8hrs m to f sitting in front of the computer. My eyes hard I don’t know what it is.

Can you give me some advice how do my eyes hard? The only time I walk away from my desk is break times. :eek:

Lost-One   

^^^

Walaal you probably need to get yourself a good pair of glasses!

I'm living it up at the moment, since I'm on Annual leave smile.gif , nothing better than knowing you're being paid for doing absolutely nothing. God I suddenly sound as ambitious as a person on welfare and a manager. You know they're both LAZY people!

Unfortunately for me doing nothing couldn't be further from the truth, this is actually exam period.

ScarFace   

^^^^Aniga waaye have a ciggy break....or a zoot break your eyes will magically feel sleepy ;)

brother Baashi low on cash send a free sample....payday's couple days away... :D

^ what do mean your eyes hard?

I sit infront of a computer most of the day, my eyes get puffy and dry. Toilet breaks are a God-send. There are laws about taking breaks in the UK. Know what they are and use them, your organisation won't encourage break-taking- they assume u're more productive just cause u're at yr desk.

A couple of weeks ago, I left my desk on an errand and sat next to a woman who was new there. We got talking about fashion and frivolous stuff- she was bubbling with enthusiasm for hat she just had to have. Well, someone had sent an email and my boss couldn't wait until I had retuned to my desk. He mmay have searched for me on two other floors before finding me. He stood behind the woman I was talking to and stared at her head. I looked up at him but he said nothing. So I returned to deliberately nodding uber-enthusiatically at the woman's story. I looked up again and still he stared at her head and said nothing, mouth puckered.

I let her go on a little more. Then stopped her with an apology, looked up at him and said: Was it me u were after?

They can't even cope with u leaving yr desk for 15 minutes. :rolleyes: The best part was not acknowledging him verbally; he heard enough to know the woman(a temp and 21 if that) was not talking about work but hesistated for so long cause he was really annoyed but didn't want to annoy me(He has his reasons! smile.gif ) Now that was a good day's work. :D Xaax dheh.