Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Keeping the Weight off

Modesty   

Hi ladies,

I just lost a grip of weight jogging and eating well due to the environment I came back from (warm weather). Now, since I'm back home with all the good comfort food around, I'm concerned about piling the weight back on. I do still work-out, even though it's not intense...jump roping. But, even though I quit eating heavy somali foods, I'm getting these cravings, and I try to fight it off because I don't want to become fat. lol. So, how do you keep your weight off or are you one of those lucky never gets fat kinda person?

cheerios~

^ we all have different definitions of fat. I get skinnier the older I get. Can't remember the last time I seriously wondered how much I weigh. Stress finishes me off good and proper cause I lose my appetite. I am not a big eater but I have a sweet tooth. I don't deny myself treats; I just make sure my regular food intake isn't too fatty or sugary. Exercise would be a good edition to my life..lazy..

Anyway, I just scoffed 5 custard creams; they stopped hitting the spot at 3 but what the hey. I could eat the biscuits for dinner with a cup of tea and go to bed happy tonight, except I have had dinner already.

I fancied one of those processed frozen burgers(not my usual thing) but threw a couple into the overn instead of frying them. Had them with one slice of toast(lightly buttered), lots of green leaves, tomatoes and onions. I couldn't eat the second burger but made sure I ate all the leafy bits and pieces.

I'm not helping. The blahing I will do when I have something else I should be doing. I'll shut up, I don't have to worry about the weight- not had to for years, don't know how to help. I'll go away now.

^It's boiling here. I'm stuck home cause to venture outside is to court suicide. I'm craving for a large slurpee. *please God* You made me hungry now...I could go down to the fridge but I know nothing cool is down there.

Modesty,

How about fasting two or three times a week? No exercise there and you get ajar. No? Okay, how about swimming or riding a bike ( yes, you can ride with a skirt or dress...I've done it often enough)

^Not sure u'll get ajar out of a deliberate weight-loss campaign. Wait a minute, it'd make a good diet book for gullible Muslim women. Who wants the idea? It's yours, u benefit the non-ajar from it.

I'm still not helping.

nemo   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

^Not sure u'll get ajar out of a deliberate weight-loss campaign. Wait a minute, it'd make a good diet book for gullible Muslim women. Who wants the idea? It's yours, u benefit the non-ajar from it.

LOL well not me. :D

S.O.S   

Not sure u'll get ajar out of a deliberate weight-loss campaign

Dear Shepherdess (if I may) :D ,

it's possible to get both, the valuable ajar and whatever desirous side-effects you wish to acquire along with. So the advice of the sis to fast two days a week (Mondays and Thursdays would be fine, but make sure your husband agrees) as a means to lose weight is a brilliant idea.

^hey, I disagree. If the intention is to lose weight, I doubt u would gain full brownie points with the Lord. Besides fasting slows down metabolism. Moderation is the way to go, like we are advised to do in all matters: even eating, small and regular will keep u small and regular.

Oh, dear. I lowered the tone. Ho hum. It's Monday, gotta smile.

Nephissa   

I have never had to diet, and when I do want to lose weight it just drops off in a week as I am the same size I was in highschool. However, if I did want to lose weight, the simple fact is burn those calories off! You can't lose weight by going to McDonalds and ordering a big mac, large fries, sundae, and a DIET COKE! LOL, I see people do this all the time.

My advise; eat small portions frequently through the day, lots of veggies, cut back on pasta, & bariis, and then burn it off.

S.O.S   

sheherazade,

Well, the flexibilities of optional fasting is as such, that it's not so difficult to intend, first, to fast and then benefit from it's associated side-effects. Allah is the Most Just and has a miraculous rewarding system. For that matter, you might be intending to fast-off some extra stones in order to look attractive for your husband, and while not realising Allah may reward you for that alone! Just think of those unmarried people of age who're encouraged to fast; why is that do you think and how will their intention be affected? Mind you, some decide to fast by mid-noon when they realise they haven't eaten yet, and feel they could go on for another five or six hours. I agree with you though; moderation is crucial...

LoL at losing weight for hubby. There are far more important reasons to lose excess fat. But u know..

U sound like a guy. A woman that wants to lose wieght can not get out of her head that she needs to lose weight, it consumes the mind. Once she gets it into her niya that she wants to lose weight, and wouldn't that be a great side-effect of fasting, well, the way I see it, it impacts on the rewards of the fast. I think it probably diminishes it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

S.O.S   

A woman that wants to lose wieght can not get out of her head that she needs to lose weight, it consumes the mind.

Here's where I recognise my extreme handicap and respectfully withdraw myself from this conversation. I'm willing to go into many territories, but the mind of women is one area I never dared to entreat and don't dare to embark now...

Modesty: I wish I could pile up on the weight. Winter is just around the corner I am in desperate need of adipose tissue to keep me warm. I hate having a fast metabolism it sucks big time. :mad: I should think about exercising just to tone up. ;)

Lost-One   

winter is around the corner?!

What!...did I just sleep through summer? redface.gif

And to think I thought I was a pessimist.

For me it's a case of loosing the weight as I have made no effort what so ever to loose a single pound especially around my mid section.

*jiggling the fat*