Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Israel Begins Destroying Muslim Graves

Ibtisam   

Workers have started digging-up and removing skeletons from an ancient Muslim cemetery which has companions of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) buried there.

Despite Muslim pleas for the work to end, Israeli developers and archaeologists are removing the tombs to make room for the Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Center to build a multi-million-dollar Museum of Tolerance, dedicated in part to promoting understanding among different religions!

Mufti Ikrema Sabri, the senior Islamic cleric in Jerusalem, demanded that the digging stop at the site. He said "There should be a complete cessation of work on the cemetery because it is sacred for the Muslims". The Muslim council in Jerusalem, that Sabri oversees, wasn't consulted on the dig at all.

On Sunday, a Muslim court in Jerusalem ordered work at the site to be halted. The developing company conducting the work, Moriah, said the court didn't have jurisdiction over the dig. Work to remove the _tombs_ was stopped for two days this week, but continued Wednesday.

Moriah spokesman Itsho Gur said: "There are tensions over this work_ but as long as we don't get an official order from police or from a court, we won't stop the work."

Israel's Supreme Court is to rule later this month on a petition by Israeli Muslim groups to halt the _tomb_ removals. It has refused to issue a temporary restraining order halting the dig until it makes a final decision.

"Israel is more crowded with ancient artefacts than any other country in the world," said Osnat Goaz, spokeswoman for the Israeli Antiquities Authority - overseeing the dig according to Israeli law. Goaz added: "If we didn't build on former cemeteries, we would never build in Israel."

In a statement, Mohammed Khan of Islam, said: The question is would the Israelis build over their own burial areas, I think not. Once again, we see the Israeli apartheid state manifesting itself against the Muslim community. A Museum of Tolerance over the graves of Muslims sums up what Zionism is all about.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article344233.ece

Ibtisam   

SB and castor this is not funny; you guys need to have balance and know when to stop laugh. otherwise i will come for you two like no mans business.

cheers :D

AbStraCt   

SB: You're a baboon; the ugliest smelliest animal

Despite Muslim pleas for the work to end, Israeli developers and archaeologists are removing the tombs to make room for the Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Center to build a multi-million-dollar Museum of Tolerance, dedicated in part to promoting understanding among different religions!

The Irony!

Jabhad   

SB, keep defending your masters as always.

^Easy [big Grin] - I believe SB was joking

sxb the POINT, the record of SB on SOL tells different story.

capt.bei10802091352.mideast_lebanon_prop

Castro   

^ Not to mention Abstract is in direct violation of SOL rules. I'm surprised his post is still here. Where's a mod when you need one?

On the topic, who said this cemetry has the "companions" of the prophet (pbuh) buried in it? Also, what makes a cemetery sacred in Islam? Finally, this reminds me of that time when Sharon blatantly walked into the Temple Mount and sparked the second Intifada. Now that Hamas is in power, what will this new development mean?

Foxy   

May be for once we can understand that....

. Israeli archaeologists and developers have continued excavating the remains of people buried at the site - which was a cemetery for at least 1,000 years - despite a temporary ban on work granted by the Islamic Court,. ...may be its because they can do as they desire no matter what I or U can say or state....simple....it aint no rocket science and no amount of appeal could reverse the procedure...chances are its their land too...and as one nomad mentioned there is no guarantee or feasible amount of evidence that suggests there are actual companians of asxaaba that might be buried there....

cheers

Originally posted by Mumia Abu-Jamal:

SB, keep defending your masters as always.

quote:

^Easy [big Grin] - I believe SB was joking

sxb the POINT, the record of SB on SOL tells different story.
Mumia Abu Jamal

I believe SB is getting better and changing his political tune rapidly from Die-hard NeoCon(wannabe) to centre ground Liberal - Amazing change may I say if you ask me :D