Sign in to follow this  
Buuxo

Somali women attempts to hijack Air New Zealand!

I was so shocked when I heard it on the radio this morning. Im thinking this lady has definatly got some form of psychiatric illness. Subxan'Allah, I hope she has a good support network, she's going to need it.

Som@li   

She is a crazy woman.

Attempted NZ hijack

SkyNews_Image_20080208142509.jpg

Updated: 14:25, Friday February 8, 2008

A woman is being questioned by police in New Zealand after a dramatic mid-air stabbing of two pilots on board a domestic flight.

An Eagle Air Jetstream aircraft was travelling from Blenheim to Christchurch with seven passengers, when a woman armed with a knife stormed the cockpit.

Claiming to have a bomb in her luggage, she stabbed both pilots leaving one with cuts to his hand and the other with a wound to his foot.

Despite their injuries, the pilots were able to make a mayday call and made an emergency landing at Christchurch airport at 8:06am local time.

Passengers exited the aircraft through the rear and were taken away from the area by police.

Police Armed Offender Squad Dog Handlers then entered the plane and apprehended the woman, who is said to be a 33 year old, Somali born Blenheim resident.

A bomb squad was called in to examine the aircraft, but no explosives have been uncovered.

Both pilots have been taken to hospital, and detectives are trying to establish exactly what happened in the lead up to the potential hijack.

Questions are now being asked about security with no baggage checks on domestic flights out of Blenheim.

Christchurch Airport grounded all flights in the two hours after the attack, but has now re-opened.

winnie   

am i the only one thinking this might be a family member? like i want to do a roll call to see if everybody is accounted for.

i get that feeling everytime i see a somali in the news.

peasant   

^how do you know she is mentally ill? could be another alqaida agent. Now days the network is so diverse and you could get people of all sort of shapes and races.. :D

God knows the best..

Aaliyyah   

^^ I don't think she is mentally alright. Just look at her pic, she looks so innocent.

miskiin dirc tafta haysata ila eegtahy, ilaahay ha cafiyo :(