Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

Beloved Abdisalaam Hereri: From BBC to VOA

roobleh   

What a loss to the BBC/Somali Service. Tan oo kale waxay ku tusaysaa sidda laanta afsoomaligu ay sii luminayso dhagaystayaal fara baddan oo Soomaali ah. Annigu laftaydu muddo laga joogo shan sanno amaba ka baddan ayaan dhageysigeeda faraha ka qaaday. Laanta macnodarnaanta iga dheh!

Abdisalaan Hereri,

You deserve better and I will follow you to the VOA. I always liked to listen your programs and I wish you a good luck!

London (QARAN)- Weriye Cabdisalaan Ibraahim Hereri oo ka mid ah weriyaasha ugu caansan ee Laanta Afka Soomaaliga ee Idaacadda BBC-da, ayaa caddeeyey in uu iska casilay shaqadii uu ka hayey BBC-da, iyadoo la filayo inuu u wareego idaacadda Maraykanka ee Voice of America oo dhawrkii bilood ee u dambeeyay ku soo biirtay idaacadaha caalamiga ah ee ku hadla Af-soomaaliga.

Haddaba, si aannu arrintaa wax uga ogaano ayaa wargeyska Jamhuuriya wax ka weydiiyay weriye Cabdisalaan Hereri, Cabdisalaana waxa uu noo xaqiijiyey in uu iska casilay shaqadii uu ka hayay laanta afka Soomaaliga ee idaacadda BBC-da. CabdiSalaam Hereri oo ka jawaabayay sababta uu xilligan shaqada uga tagayo, waxa uu yidhi; “Waxa aan ka shaqaynayay muddo ku siman 17 sano waxaanan arkay wakhtigan inay ku habboontahay inaan isbeddel ku sameeyo shaqada.” Weriye Cabdisalaan Ibraahim Hereri oo BBC-da ka shaqaynayay muddo dheer, ayaa badiba dadka luqadda Soomaaliga ku hadla ee dhagaysta codkiisu u arkaan suxufi isku miisaaman, gaar ahaanna qaabka uu wax u gudbiyoiyo habka uu waraysiyada uu qaado oo dadku aad ula dhacaan siiba marka uu warysanayo masuulyiinta Soomaalida, taasi oo lagu tilmaamo inuu yahay weriye aqoontiisa saxaafadeed isku dheeri tiran tahay.

Si kastaba ha ahaatee, Cabdisalaan Ibraahim Hereri oo ka mid ah soo saarayaasha barnaamijyada ee idaacadda waxa uu xubin muhiim iyo halbawle ah u ahaa laanta afka Soomaaliga ee BBC-da, iyada ay oo si weyn u tabi doonaan dhagaystayaasha tirada badan ee ku xidhan BBC-du. Muddo aan sidaa u fogayn waxa ka tagay BBC-da wariyaha Al-jazeera uga soo warrama Geeska Afrika ee Maxamed Caddow oo isna ka mid ahaa wariyaasha ugu cadcaddaa BBC-da laanteeda Afka Soomaaliga iyo Cabdiraxmaan Yabarow oo Washington uga soo warrami jiray. Sidoo kale waxa muddo iminka dhawr sanno laga joogo laga dhimay shaqada weriyaal badan oo muddo dheer ku soo shaqaynayay Idaacadda BBC-da. Haddaba, Laanta Afka Soomaaliga ee BBC-da ayaa hadda u muuqata meel ay ka sii gurmayaan wariyayaasha aqoonta u lahaa mihnadda saxaafadda, taas oo saamayn ku yeelan doonta tayada barnaamijyada ay baahiso idaacaddu.

Source Jamhuuriya

Abwaan   

I cannot confirm this yet but if it is true BBC Somali has actually lost a great interviewer, someone I could say is the best Interviewer out of all Somali broadcasters. I think I have only listened to VOA once and as my friend, roobleh said here it is may be the time to start listening to it since they are recruiting some of the best Somali broadcasters. Let us see what difference it brings.

I think BBC has now got only one good interviewer who is Yusuf Garaad. I do think this is what he is good at in this service.

I hope that BBC do not loose a Hassan Barise, a great reporter who I think is the one of the best Somali reporters, him and Mohamed Addow another wonderful one who now works for ALjazeera English. If this happens BBC waa loo yaabaa...lol....markaas wax la dhegeysto Cawke un baa ka haraya and C/Raxmaan Yabaroow. Catoosh, Bashka Jug-Soo-Dhacay (Magacaa i diley) and Faxiyo Cali Qaaje are good too.

Well done Abdulsalaam Hereri hufnaantii weriyennimo ee aad huwanayd intaad ka shaqaynaysay BBC Somali Services iyo sidaad ugu warrami jirtey Somali listeners of the BBC for many years and Good luck with your new job.

nuune   

Abdisalaam Hereri codkarnimo iyo hadal faseex baa usii dheer khibrada uu u leeyahay xagga warbaahinta.

Who knows, maybe he went to VAO, cuz they pay good wages than those in Bush House, and that is why many old reporters of BBC SOMALI are leaving since the wages are not good enough.

Bariise, Yabaroow, Catoosh, Bashka Jug-Soo-Dhacay, Qaaje

Wallee Yusuf Garaad waa rageedii. Ciyaalka xaafada uu meesha isugu keenay. Magacyadaaba i dilay. Kaa cabsaday. :D:D:D

The days of Cabdulahi Xaaji and Aadan Nuux Dhuule are over.

With the establishment of good quality radio stations back home, and up-to-the-minute “reer hebel” news websites, the BBC has become irrelevant to say the least. Even my grandmother dropped it years ago. :D

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

quote:Bariise, Yabaroow, Catoosh, Bashka Jug-Soo-Dhacay, Qaaje

Wallee Yusuf Garaad waa rageedii. Ciyaalka xaafada uu meesha isugu keenay. Magacyadaaba i dilay. Kaa cabsaday.
:D:D:D

The days of Cabdulahi Xaaji and Aadan Nuux Dhuule are over.

With the establishment of good quality radio stations back home, and up-to-the-minute “reer hebel” news websites, the BBC has become irrelevant to say the least. Even my grandmother dropped it years ago.
:DAdeer, New Times call for new modern young reporters. These men are very very qualified ,at least I know Cadow & Bashkas are qualified. They worked for the largest newspaper in East & Central Africa(Daily Nation) & They speak fluent English, Fluent Swahili & Fluent Somali…OK maybe not the best Somali but still it is Good Somali. smile.gif

Also, If your Grandma in Isku Shuban quit the BBC,you best believe Grandma heblaayo in say Guriceel just started listening to the BBCNEWS :D

lool@Faarax. Grandma in Guriceel innaba caadi ma aho. She likes to ball with ciyaalka xaafadda. That may be the reason she wasn't feeling Cabdulaahi Xaaji. It is a new day indeed. :D

Awoowe, in all seriousness, the quality of the BBC Somali service is not as it used to be. You yourself agreed with me on that when you mentioned the Af-Soomaali of these folks not being the "best". :D

Bad Af-Somali = Bad quality ... because this is Af-Soomaali news service.

It is time for Mr Garaad to hire folks who can actually read the news script properly.

Jabhad   

OK maybe not the best Somali but still it is Good Somali.

Bad Af-Somali = Bad quality ... because this is Af-Soomaali news service.

Goormuu Af-Soomaaligi kala fiicnaaday? The dirty Somali clan politics aside, its a good thing Mr Garaad incorporated men and women with differen accents representing people in different parts of greater Somalia into the BBC Somali service team.

roobleh   

I heard Yussuf Garaad likes more cousins of his to work at the BBC. There are always many complaints of unfairness and bias in the bbc/somali news. Do you agree with that or it is just baseless accusations?

Adeer, New Times call for new modern young reporters.

Truly agree! new kidz on da block, so meesha ha la isku ban-baneeyo. People like Nadara has to move in to replace Hereri, for sure he will be a great addition to BBC Somali team.

Horta Amin Caamir & Yuusuf garaad maxaa dhexmaray, sowtan Amin Caamir uu ninkan iska daba dhigtay waayadan...

I hardly ever listened BBC, and those few times were mainly after main events occured.

Having disclaimed that, I for one applaud Yuusuf Garaad 'diversifying' [for a lack of a better word] that archaic, colonial-created warbaahin. It was a myth to begin with a certain region people's accents predominating the air of such Soomaali-wide media institution. The merit, long ago, should have been based one's qualifications than one's accents.

We used to commend when Yuusuf Garaad took tough on warlords he interviewed. We should likewise admire his drive to make it more diverse, young and professional. Especially more 'audioly' diverse.

Then again some do not like him because he is anti-dowlad ku sheeg, anti-warlord; for others, for his stand being a staunch nationalist, instead of being an advocate of separatism, even though he gives plenty of coverage and air to the few separatists.

Those same people invented such gross, baseless widespread lies about him hiring 'cousins' in order to character-assassinate him and his reputation.

One more reason, such exotic names like Bashka Jugsoodhacay [first time hearing was during the American bombing of Dhoobleey, though it was a subdued report I couldn't really stop cracking when the newsreader mentioned their reporter's name - 'kaasi waa wariyaheena Bashka Jugsoodhacay' :D ] wouldn't be possible without his efforts. By far, the most funniest, most absurd, striking Soomaali naaneys ever heard, and they were plenty I did known over the years.

Olders such as this Xareeri guy [never listened any report of his] should have retired gracefully long ago, in order to make up-and-coming youngsters some rooms. Yuusufoow, clean the darn staff and thing up, only leave Cowke alone.

Nephissa   

Is Mr. Hererri the dude with the sijue accent? Oo wax kasta 'A'-da raacsiiyo marku hadlaayo.

"Waxa-a ka dhacay-a dagaalo kulul-a magaalada-a Muqdisho-a." A-a badanaa! :D

Som@li   

^ That must be Ahmed,

I cant also figure out this Abdulsalaam Hereri guy, I seldomly liston to BBC, anyway, good luck to him, this new VOA opens a career opportunity for wariyayaasha Soomaalida.

I really respect Yusuf Garad ,,, he is well-informed, active, creative and quilified.

I'm not mentioning about the claims of him being clanist and what soever ,,, that can happen in the meantime u know :D

Emperor   

Leave Mr Garaad alone, he's doing a great job, the guy is trying his best to cool himself down, he can't help but be more like a Somali, after all he's Somali... the Somali syndrome runs through his blood

Nowadays anyone who controls an office hires his cousins, not a new thing it's just a Somali synendrome, look around and osberve....

We have accused many before, A. Qasim for hiring Indhacade, Barre for trusting A. Jama Barre, Gani and the likes or A.Yusuf getting on well with Xuub Sireed... Well I predict LST or MMA would have done the same, Just imagine MMA being the head of the BBC Somali section, sure will witness many Maay reporters like this Af-maay broadcaster on stage