Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

A Question For The Ladies

Iris   

LOL @ Rick Astley. You've gone and put the song in my head, nooo

Mahr is a big deal for Somali's, someone I know had a relative getting married recently. The whole family chimed in, it seemed to be the event of the year..demanding this and that, they mentioned dahab, all expenses paid trip to Dubai to buy said dahab, ten thousand pounds and belayo kale. I think the man is a university student, no idea how that turned out.

I'm going to ask for a private Coldplay concert held in my honour. I need to forget Rick Astley's song

Aaliyyah   

Born lol@ that is all ...isn't that like 20 000 dollars. why ye acting like u were nice to him and didn't ask much icon_razz.gif ...

I am yet to decide what am going to ask him...bt believe me it wont be easy to fulfill that much of a hint i will give u lol...

Blessed   

Originally posted by Iris:

Mahr is a big deal for Somali's, someone I know had a relative getting married recently. The whole family chimed in, it seemed to be the event of the year..demanding this and that, they mentioned dahab, all expenses paid trip to Dubai to buy said dahab, ten thousand pounds and belayo kale. I think the man is a university student, no idea how that turned out.

That's called mariin, love. The wedding gift usually given by the groom and his family, it's cultural and not an Islamic requirement.

The mahar is the amount of money stated by the bride and is written in the contract, without it the contract is void.

Oz   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Born lol@ that is all ...isn't that like 20 000 dollars. why ye acting like u were nice to him and didn't ask much
icon_razz.gif

I am yet to decide what am going to ask him...bt believe me it wont be easy to fulfill that much of a hint i will give u lol...

Is HE reading this :cool:

Paragon   

^ :D Ever listened to Rick Roll reversed? Lol. He gives up on her totally and sings 'I am molesting oxes now' smile.gif .

Aaliyyah   

lol@ red or khalaf...whoever gave u that notion Ibti...

anyways ye all hold ur horses am yet to meet my mr right smile.gif ...i merely meant my meher is undecided till now icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Born lol@ that is all ...isn't that like 20 000 dollars. why ye acting like u were nice to him and didn't ask much
icon_razz.gif

I am nice to him, the key word is PAYMENTS... that makes it easy hehehhehe

The student loan thing is a brillant idea (one that I had for a while :D ). What better way to start a marriage than debt & headache free...sounds lovely. *sigh*