Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

A Question For The Ladies

Malika   

^I only asked for what was in his pocket,the stingy man only had £20 pounds and that became my dawry.. :D

It depends with the man your marrying,if he can afford and you know he can afford why not ask for a substantial amount but if you know your man hasnt got the means then why not pardon him and go for lesser amount.

Originally posted by Malika:

^I only asked for what was in his pocket,the stingy man only had £20 pounds and that became my dawry..
:D

Such a thrifty family,mashallah :D

If we were Reer Hindiya or Bakistaan, adigaa lagaa rabi lahaa inaa wax bixisid. Not only that, waa inay reerkaaga arooska qarashkiisa badankiisa bixiyaan as well. Now, that is a culture.

Soomaali culture is good though, not only does the groom or his family has to pay meherka, most of the wedding's cost, but also soori and whatnot to other members of the bride's immediate family.

Som@li   

Pujah, Ma maqashay xidigaha ku meheri? and it happens when the guy wants the girl no matter what,and asked if he can accept her request, and he will say "Xidigahana ku Meheri haday rabto",lol

yo! this happened couple of weeks ago in la.. sujui dude gets called to his maher! guess wat he came there thinking he was just gonna get fed!

indha soo baxey noo marki la dhaya wheres the money!!! lol...

anyways, in san diego these days...gal families are footing the bill...including the house furniture if any faraax is interested.

Abtigiis   

The biggest dowry is to buy her 'Kitaab Quraan ah'. I know lot of guys who do that. Apart from its immeasurable spiritual value, it costs 1-10 USD.

Buuxo   

^haha.Whoever choose that as a dowery are smart, they know that somalis make a habit of not giving the maher until sheekada xumaato.At least kitaab bey heesataa :D Why be cute or coy 'war maherkeyga halkaas so dhig inteen sheekada bilaawan'.

I never have given it any thought, and when i do i make sure they whisper it in to sheykh and husbands ear.

Ibtisam   

A house of my own [which he has no claims to and cannot stay in] in a far way beautiful place and permission to escape and go there when ever and for how ever long I wish. That way when ever he pis*ses you off you can escape to a nice place for as long as it takes you to stop contemplating killing his sorry as*S :D We'll both live longer and easier life. :cool:

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

The biggest dowry is to buy her 'Kitaab Quraan ah'. I know lot of guys who do that. Apart from its immeasurable spiritual value, it costs 1-10 USD.

I hate the way most Somalis have devalued this form of dowry. When she says I want Kitaab Quraan ah it doesn't mean you buy her one and she puts it on the shelf, it means you have taken on the task of teaching her the entire quran and its meaning. It is a massive responsibility to take on let alone accomplished by the average Farax.

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

That is probably the most wonderful of gifts. You have to pay for or teach her the entire quran not just give her the golxob adeer. If you fail though, hada the consequences ayadana are dire.

Caraz,i think i would have been cheap

Haneefah   

Faheema, precisely sis. Unless you're a Zaid bin Thabit, Ibn Abbas or Ibn Masud, may Allah be pleased with them...ok maybe not. But if I were a man, I seriously wouldn't contemplate accepting such an enormous burden unless I had an excellent command of the Quranic sciences, and the capacity to deliver. I'd push her towards materialistic requests.