Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

The Dohha Debbates on BBC-Take that Veil off

Johnny B   

^ Now it is your turn to get off Khayr's "xawa" and tell us why you'd vote NO?

How could a man of my magnitude ( eh look at me ) chitchat someone behind a veil ?

A: Excuse me cute veily thing, Do you like what you see through that thing?

eh, skip it , don't answer , cause i can't say the same about ya. icon_razz.gif

N.O.R.F   

eh, skip it , don't answer , cause i can't say the same about ya

Maybe she doesnt want you to ya JB :confused: icon_razz.gif

Ms DD   

Ngonge

That pic..It is very alluring..no? Is there a need for indho-kuul when one is trying not to attract any attention whatsoever?

JB: Niqaabis are just like you and me. They get on with their lives. They do have a courage though.

Johnny B   

Cambarro, how da heck am i supposed to Know?

isen't that the very reason they go behind the veil, to keep me in the dark?

North,

I take that "Maybe" as an offence .

I Withstand the pure choice of noticing what is not so good to even qualify for tempting me. :D

Ms DD   

Why do you think it is all about you Johnny?

I sometimes feel like wearing when i am passing a somali restaurant.

Ms DD   

Johnny

Arrogance or Reality ?

but the use of the word "incredibly" hits high on my BS meter :D

Yoda did say that arrogance was common flaw in Jedi.

Khayr   

Salams,

Hayam,

The point is that its a personal choice really..like deciding to wear bright red shoes with a green hijab...

But then to turn around and frown upon others who dont like that style and claim that it is a prescribed in Islam for women to wear the Niqab, which by logic would entail that all women should then wear it or they aren't really being proper muslimahs....now thats just pushing it.

If I am not mistaken Imam's Abu Hanifa and Ahmed ibn Hanabil consider it the Niqaab to be Fard and they are 2 of the 4 leading Sunni Imams of Fiqh.

So for those following those madaheebs/schools of fiqh in particular, than it is really not just a question of Personal Choice but an issue of Taqwa and obedience to the shariah (according to those 2 madaheeb).

By stating that it is a matter of personal choice, you are belittling the the symbolism of Niqaab into just another ordinary personal choice among the many personal choices that we make in our daily lives like wearing red shoes with green hijab (your example). SubhanAllah!

So what do you suggest, that we lay about behaving in a selfish manner and worrying about our own fate in the day of judgement?

Thats funny, maybe you forgot that a particular revelation called the Quran was revealed to Muhammed ibn Abdallah-a prophet (aaliyhe asalaam) and that the message was about worrying about our fate in the day of judgement. Yes, it is selfish to worry about your akhira and yes, we should worry about our own fate in the day of judgement.

How would anything come about in this world if all we thought was the qiyamah, how depressing.

When Hadrat Umar was the Khalif, he would go around at night trying to feed the hungry, trying to remove obstacles from the road so that a donkey wouldn't fall and complain about him in the qiyamah!!! SubhanAllah.

He was obsessed about the qiyamah but yet married, had children, engaged in business, ruled the ummah etc. So he is an example of how things can be done with qiyamah on our minds.

Its a very optimistic way of thinking because it prepares you for your journey back to the 'Beloved-Allah'.

Ngonge,

The motion asks if the face veil is a barrier to Muslim INTEGRATION in the West! It does not ask people to ban it, curtail it or ditch it. It's a simple question about integration. You either agree that the veil hinders integration or you don't. Those that voted for the motion agreed and those that voted against the motion, disagreed. Everyone that was part of that audience or watched the debate on TV (or on the net) knew (hopefully) that this VOTE that seems to irk you that much has no particular bearing on the veil or real life.

The fact that a muslim audience is being asked what is of more value to them-Integration into western society or their Deen is damn outright insulting.

Imagine this,

Al jazeera arabiya had a panel discussion in england and invited only non-muslim anglos and told them to speak nothing but Arabic in the discussion and the topic of discussion was

Are most White British women loose :D

Damn outright insulting, ain't it! (to a white british to get him to respond in arabic in his homeland of England).

Well the same shiiidh was and is being pulled of in Doha, Qatar in the name of 'Free speech for Arabs' .

Its a debate meant to suggest that the arab-largely muslim way of life is a hinderance to PROGRESSIVE THINKING.

Like the Maghrabi chick said to the niqaabi sisters "You are making it diffuclt for me to assimilate by wearing the Niqaab" :rolleyes: ,

By stating that it is a matter of personal choice, you are belittling the the symbolism of Niqaab into just another ordinary personal choice among the many personal choices that we make in our daily lives like wearing red shoes with green hijab

soo true Sub7anAllah!

DigibAc   

NGONGE: "Well, if I were in the audience I would have voted No. The veil is not much of a barrier, people are."

Guns don't kill people, people do! :D