Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

District 9: Great film

District 9 is cool film. someone would invite these cool aliens to take over Somalia and to squeeze all these ****** native somalis into small chunk of land, called Somaliland! :D

A friend of mine worked on it :D

I have yet to see it though. But I'm sure it's great.

A friend of yours worked on the movie(in a celebrity admiration mode)wow!!

On the real, the movie was awsome! The best movie I have seen in years; the acting is phenomenal! It is set in South Africa and it feels so real. You'll feed bad for Aliens for once.

My favorite line was one of the South Africans says, " I mean if they were from another country we would understand it but they're not even from this plante."

Haha I know chocolate it's pretty awesome smile.gif he's met Peter Jackson and is friends with Neill Blomkamp! I'm so jealous smile.gif

If I met Peter Jackson, I'd ask him why he doesn't blink as often as normal people. Don't understand what I mean? http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=kWyNYxGZo nI It's like he's looking through you. Must be all that stress. Btw that film looks so interesting.

I haven't been able to see D-9 for the simple fact that it hasn't opened yet in this isolated country I'm currently being held hostage.

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Val and Malika bless your hearts...Horaa loo yiri 'ilaahow qofaan wax ogeyn cadaabin...Duceysane 's 'aan meel fariisanoo sheekeyno' isn't in the form of hadal...There are many types of sheekooyin!
:D

LoL...that never even crossed my mind. I guess I've been out of the dating scene too long!

Walee bal ha ii dhamaato Bishan barakada leh ee Ramadan, Page baan ka qaatey duceysane,why haven't i think that one before, by now i will have succeeded.Ilaahoo noo dambi dhaaf.

Chimera   

What a stup1d movie!

*interspecie prostitution*

WTF?

*To become like them you must eat them*

WTF?

wow Hollywood is really progressing in it's portrayal of Africa/Africans. :rolleyes:

One of the best, if not the best, sci-fi movie in my opinion. A mix of Cloverfield, Independence Day and Transformers. Who thought you could politicise aliens? I certainly didn’t. South Africa wasn't an accidental coincidence for the set of the film, but infact a brilliant setting reflecting the core of the movie plot. The years of apartheid, captivity and poverty are beautifully intertwined into an alien situation. Notice how it took the leading alien in the ripped red-shirt 20 years of confinement to escape the racial segregation and free his people (other aliens), reminded me of Nelson Mandela. Other Alien movies lead us to believe that aliens are a more superior creature and most often destructive. This film put this trend on its head and came out spectacular. I can’t wait for the sequel!

Naden   

Why of course it is brilliant! Except that little part about 'Nigerian' gangs running amok while mighty whitey bemoans not ONE but TWO types of slums inhabited by darkies (one looks like a cockroach while the other is an African of the land). And that little part where black women engage in cross-species baby-making business.

This movie is a certain white man's wet dream: internment of blacks (and pesky aliens, what's the diff?!), apartheid policies gaining fresh blood and energy. Let us not forget blacks doing what they do best which is travel to the bottom of depravity as quickly as whitey can send in his guns and scientists.

It is some good sci-fi shtick, though, and this coming from a die-hard fan of the genre. Short, fat Peter Jackson can stand a little taller and a little leaner with this vision of a post-alien world of slums, guns, and inter-species prostitution.

In the tradition of Ebert, two middle fingers up!

Khayr   

Originally posted by Naden:

In the tradition of Ebert, two middle fingers up!

Is that a Disapproval? :eek:

As I watched this movie, I felt that it was insulting to african people and sterotyped them 'Nigerian hoodlums'.

And whats up with not finishing the story - oh, cause they want to milk it for a part 2?

A movie worthy of a discussion in a coffee shop - definitely.