Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Is Barack Obama a deserving winner of the Nobel Peace Prize?

I’m with the Telegraph today.

Barely a man of world politics, barely a senator now barely a president, yet in the land of the Euro-weenies the great and the good remain in his thrall. To reward him for a blank results sheet, to inflate him when he has no achievements to his name, makes a mockery of what, let’s face it, is an already fairly discredited process…

Paragon   

Good on him. More than deserving. The man's IR efforts, as an American president, have been phenomenal.

He's hope personified for the world.

The telegraph? Lol. Crap.

nuune   

This is only to encourage him to do more in world peace, so the Price will motivate him more to act as quickly as possible!

Faheema.   

Comment made on the BBC website.

Don't get me wrong, his efforts are commendable and I believe his sincerity. But they are still at war against terrorism, and lets not forget, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. This war that Bush and Blair were so keen to fight never had the legal backing of the United Nations.

If Obama puts those two in the Hague he'll be a step in the right direction.

Meanwhile i'm thinking of going for a gentle jog, does that mean i will get sports personality of the year?

Edward Hutton, Brentwood

Couldn't agree more :D

Paragon   

Meanwhile i'm thinking of going for a gentle jog, does that mean i will get sports personality of the year?

Edward writes for the telegraph? :D I think he should if he doesn't.

NGONGE   

^^ If the Yehoodi guy got it for agreeing to sit down with the poeople he occupies and give them false promises, then Obama also deserves it for making false promises.