Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

Only for Bollywood fans

Bambina   

Wassup guyz,I've recently seen the movie"Kabhi khushi Kabhi Gham" ,it was released I think 1 or 2 years ago,Im not sure.I only discovered it few weeks ago and believe me dis movie is off the hook.Starring the luvly couple Amitab & Jaya Bachchan also Shah Rukh Khan,Kajol,Hritik,Kareena Kapoor(plus as a guest star Rani Mukherjee).U better check also "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" (with Shah Rukh Khan,Kajol and Rani Mukherjee)from the same producer of Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham.

MaLikah   

Hey Bambina, glad to see another Bollywood on SOL- I went thru my indian movies period. I think it all started after Bend it Like Beckham :D Mansoon Wedding was excellent too, and this one movie called My Friend wasnt too bad. They were all in English except My Friend which was dubbed in English.

U got any suggestions for some good indian movies girl?

dawoco   

Hey bambina, great taste in films....Have you seen "dilwale dulhania le jayenge"? If you liked kuch kuch, u'll love this. It stars kajol and shahrukh...Thats a fave of mine sis. Also "mein prem ki diwani hoon" is a must see. Tell me what you think, if you get a chance to see those films!!

warm salam to you bollywood lovers!!!

i was in love with bollywood movies while i was in nairobi kenya....not knowing of coarse how much unrealistic and child like subjects they contained....came to north and ignored them for a while...then a visit to this house...there was this bollywood movie called kuch kuch hota hee and to my surprise i liked it alot..and rented it which was really difficult since i did not wanted anybody seeing me renting indian movie in an indian store..STILL THEY DON'T CONTAIN SERIOUS SUBJECTS LIKE SOCIAL ECONOMIC SUBJECTS...JUST A GUY/GIRL GOING AFTER EACH OTHER.ALLDAY.WHICH IS COOL BUT NOT COOL WHEN MOST MOVIES ARE BASED ON THAT. but i admit since we are more conservative society they are good alternative to watching the dirty and the ugly hollywood movies.

favourite actor: amir khan shahrukhan and amita bachan.

actress: manisha koirala and karishma kapoor

well its nice to see some ppl interested in indian movies.....yeah bambina i've seen those movies and if u like shahrukh khan, u should see his new movie called 'chalte chalte'....

well if anyone of u know new movies that are out plz let me know cause i haven't been keepin track lately.

A7LA-SHU   

nomadrebell hahah i know huh.. same story line. the two lovers, parents don't agree, run away, . blah blah lol.. but i kinda like them.. only if they weren't too musheeee. gosh they make me cry for hours n hours, im sorry but im runnin out of tears up in here :D lol.. last movie i watch was Kuch Kuch Hota Hai too.. i even bought the CD so i can listen to it. what was i thinkin icon_razz.gif .. but insha'allah when i get time i'll rent those movies u guys listed here.... and if u got some more holla.

asalaamu alaykum,

The only Indian movie (other than bend it like beckham) was Mission Kashmire and it left me fuming :mad: . This movie totally belittled and mocked the efforts of the mujahideen to liberate Kashmire. It'll be a long while b4 i see another bollywood movie.

salaam

These are some movies i had seen recently and didn't think weren't that bad at all:

1. Chori chori...Ajay devgan+rani mukrajee...a remake of an american movie by steve martin+goldi hown

2. chalte chalte...if u like this movie check out also saathiya too

3. Qayamat...another american re-make film..nice action sequeence though and a well performance by ajay devagan

4. Ishq Vishk...enjoyable teen movie with a good performance by the leading newcomer actor

5. Armaan...i quiet enjoyed this film, it was different than boy loves girl and parent against it movie...a fantasic performance by preity zinta...definitely is worth ur time to check out

6. the hero...although long movie, it has a great action and cinematography that is worth watching...and also a good performance over all

7. Praan Jaye par shaan na jaye...it is a film dominated by women and it does have a social issues and messages in it too...it also makes fun of their own movie industry...enjoyed watching it myself

8. Darna mana hai...suppose to be scary movie but isn't really scary...i am liked it not for scaryiness but the story it presented...and had a lot of cast in it

9. Koi mil gaya...a sci-fi film sor to thing...i hadn't seen it yet, but intend to...it seems finally Hirthik Roshan has a worthy act to see...and it has good melody too

i guess that's all i can think of for this year...bee bye