Saalax

Vaccine distribution in Somalia

Saalax   

If this is based on population rather than urgency Somaliland should have got atleast 30% of the share since its population makes up 30% of Somalia.  Correct share should have been 90k rather than 65k. 

Saalax   
1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

Didn't Taiwan promise some vaccine?

It is not clear how they are doing the distribution. 

Taiwan iyo waxas wa sheeko khiyaali isku halayn malaha. Wa sax it is not clear yet how it was done Somali people don't question anything whether it was urgency, population or random. 

galbeedi   

They should give the elderly Somalis who re dying these days.

I heard there was 600,000 for the first responders last time. 

our hope is these vaccines will arrive after the first world get vaccinated.

It is very strange. Somalia and the horn was doing fine last summer until December 2020. Suddenly we got the deadly version of Covid.

Saalax   
2 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

They should give the elderly Somalis who re dying these days.

I heard there was 600,000 for the first responders last time. 

our hope is these vaccines will arrive after the first world get vaccinated.

It is very strange. Somalia and the horn was doing fine last summer until December 2020. Suddenly we got the deadly version of Covid.

It is because of the new South African strain brought in by selfish UK travellers to Mogadishu & Hargeisa. Some of the diaspora are really short sighted and selfish, they could have waited till they at least vaccinate themselves rather than rushing to backhome in the middle of a pandemic. 

galbeedi   
11 minutes ago, Saalax said:

t is because of the new South African strain brought in by selfish UK travellers to Mogadishu & Hargeisa.

That is exactly what I thought . Probably those Xildhibaano who travel back and forth.

40 minutes ago, Saalax said:

Taiwan iyo waxas wa sheeko khiyaali isku halayn malaha. Wa sax it is not clear yet how it was done Somali people don't question anything whether it was urgency, population or random. 

I have the feeling in whatever these vaccines will go to a few selected. 

Guys, Somalis and conspiracy, alot of Somalis run away from UK,  Europe, believing myths the sun kills in Somalia and went to seek refuge.

NOW THEY are dead, or sick,  and have infected more locals, they left first class healthcare,  and now can not even get  oxygen.

And then are those who thought there will be elections and sought positions. 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

7 hours ago, Saalax said:

It is because of the new South African strain brought in by selfish UK travellers to Mogadishu & Hargeisa. Some of the diaspora are really short sighted and selfish, they could have waited till they at least vaccinate themselves rather than rushing to backhome in the middle of a pandemic. 

Ingiriiska ayee ka cararaayeen because of the new UK variant. The brought this variant combined with the other Koonfur Afrika one to Xamar. Naftee la cararaayeen ayee ku waayeen in Soomaaliya, many of them passing away in Xamar.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

10 hours ago, Saalax said:

If this is based on population rather than urgency Somaliland should have got atleast 30% of the share since its population makes up 30% of Somalia.  Correct share should have been 90k rather than 65k. 

It seems the distribution is based on positive test result rates. Si kale loo micneysto ma jiro. Will maamul goboleedka start inflating their positive test results now?

• Thanks 1

Tallaabo   
11 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Didn't Taiwan promise some vaccine?

It is not clear how they are doing the distribution. 

Actually Taiwan is developing two of its own vaccines which are currently in phase 2 clinical trials. They are also building manufacturing facilities and aim to produce 20 million doses a month. The Taiwanese are highly driven by a desire to be independent from Beijing so should not be taken as a joke. Interestingly Cuba is also producing their own Covid-19 vaccines as they have a thriving biotech industry. They got to this point because of US sanctions and now export medicines to many countries around the world. Che I think we should develop a good relationship with Cuba and invite them to invest in our health care infrastructure. We badly need any assistance when it comes Healthcare. 

Tallaabo   

Its good we have got some vaccines now but my serious concern is that due to negligence and lack of knowledge on our part, the vaccines might become spoiled and dangerous. We need to monitor the storage temperature and quality of the doses we get.