Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

a reminder for Ramadan -

Muhammad   

Indian girl's one-rupee suicide :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4277980.stm

A 12-year-old Indian girl committed suicide after her mother told her she could not afford one rupee - two US cents - for a school meal.

Sania Khatun lived with her mother in a village north of Calcutta under a tarpaulin sheet provided by the state.

Sania normally ate nothing at school but on Friday saw classmates eating rice and asked for one rupee.

Her mother scolded her and when she returned from work found her daughter hanged from the ceiling with a sari.

"She wanted just one rupee... but her mother could not give her the money due to poverty," government official Nakul Chandran Mahato told the Reuters agency.

'Snapped'

The mother, Jainab Bewar, is a widow who works as a maid in the village of Paraspur, 200km (125 miles) north of Calcutta.

She normally fed her daughter with food she could get from the houses she worked in.

India's Telegraph newspaper said Sania was tempted by the sight of classmates eating puffed rice and oil cakes.

Ms Bewar told the newspaper: "I did not give her the money as I did not have it. I snapped at her when she insisted on it."

She and her sons never earn more than $13 a month combined, she says.

India has seen unprecedented economic growth in recent years but many remain untouched by the improvements.

A recent UN report said half of India's children were still malnourished.

-------------------------------------

Abyen   

wallahi that is very sad :( . poor girl may Allah forgive her soul. i wish her mother the best and may allah (swa)give her a better life in this world and the world here after. amin

Castro   

Originally posted by abyen:

poor girl may Allah forgive her soul.

That child will receive no forgiveness. She is a "coward", an effin "moron" and "will be a loser" who shall be "punished in the Fire of Hell".

Back to the topic, pray tell, how is this a reminder for Ramadaan?

Is it:

• to remind us of how hunger during the fast may cause suicide?
  • to show peer pressure to eat puffed rice is too strong for many?
  • to show the boom in India's economy is not reaching the majority of the population?
  • to urge us to remember the hunger in the world and to donate to those less fortunate?
  • to show that a sari is a the perfect suicide tool?
  • to show that the Indian rupee is highly undervalued versus the US dollar?
Which is it saaxib?

Kashafa   

That child will receive no forgiveness. She is a "coward", an effin "moron" and "will be a loser" who shall be "punished in the Fire of Hell

I can see that you're tryna pull a Ngonge here, comrade. Scoring points through a hidden agenda on the misfortune of others is not quite creative however. It's more like a low-life approach, runtii. After Katrina hit, Father Fidel didn't sit there and gloat on the inadequacy of the capitalistic system, no, he up and offered 20,000 doctors. Take notes from your namesake. You can do a parody on fire-breathing 'wadaads' some other time.

Please show some consideration to the dead.

*this message will self-destruct in 15 seconds*

Bakar   

to remind us of how hunger during the fast may cause suicide?

None of the above. I will give you a hint. Try this time with unconfused mind which is requisite for transcending thses immediate object of needs and into to the spiritual dimensions. It appears that lack of comprehension most often stems from epistemological differences. But, nevertheless, a competant mind will alway dare to venture in spite of the uncertainties that lies ahead. I am confident that yours is one, and it will afford you develope a different inference.

Ramadan kariim to all.

Muhammad   

Originally posted by abyen:

poor girl may Allah forgive her soul.

Aamiin.

from her name and her mother's name, it looks that the girl was Muslim.

Originally posted by Castro:

That child will receive no forgiveness. She is a "coward", an effin "moron" and "will be a loser" who shall be "punished in the Fire of Hell".

Back to the topic, pray tell, how is this a reminder for Ramadaan?

Is it:

• to remind us of how hunger during the fast may cause suicide?
  • to show peer pressure to eat puffed rice is too strong for many?
to show the boom in India's economy is not reaching the majority of the population?
to urge us to remember the hunger in the world and to donate to those less fortunate?
to show that a sari is a the perfect suicide tool?
to show that the Indian rupee is highly undervalued versus the US dollar?

Which is it saaxib?

Castro sxb, can we be serious for a second, mise after your 47+ years in office, you are aiming to become the Chief Thread Hijacker in SOL.

as for why this story is a reminder too keep in mind during the Blessed month of Ramadan, if your heart can't grasp it, i can not make your mind understand why sxb.

Nabad-gelyo

nafta   

Frightening levels of sarcasm there Cassie, don't you think that what was said at another thread should be left there? ;)

As for the topic. How can a child so young resort to such measures?

Castro   

Originally posted by nafta:

Frightening levels of sarcasm there Cassie, don't you think that what was said at another thread should be left there?
;)

What is frightening are the heartless and the hypcorites roaming this site. And no, why should things said in other threads be left there?

Originally posted by m u h a m m a d:

as for why this story is a reminder too keep in mind during the Blessed month of Ramadan, if your heart can't grasp it, i can not make your mind understand why sxb.

You missed the point dude. On the topic and on my carcasm.

Sky   

Lol it was a joke. You couldn't possibly believe I feel this way about you.

Dont want to qarxis, but this is a picture of Castro thinking about what to post next.

527674126pb.jpg

Baashi   

Alxamdu Lilaah. It's an other day in paradise for me wallahi. What better reminder could one ask for than this one. Indeed Gaajada iyo fakhrigu waa cadaw Ilaah nooga gargaaray.

Abject poverty can drive some to this level of desperation. Allah yarxama the child and may Allah help this widow and provide her the basic amenities she's so in need of.

Ramadan is around the corner and Insha'Allah will take advantage of it.