Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

Black Magic

Khalaf   

Ya Salaam!

I went to somali store, and saw an egg a chicken egg hanging from the ceiling! I ask what is this for? I was told to keep away the ciixiir, black magic of ppl to protect them, the store, ect. I called it shirk, told them to recite the quran and they said they use both. walaahi i heard very interesting stories from them of ppl the reer xamar folks (those who somalis call jareer, ect) doing black magic on ppl in da states....is this true? its hard to believe but they say its true....how does black magic work? and why do only the reer xamar somalis know this practice? Any ideas would be helpful. peace

Ameen   

Assalam brother

Black magic is true. It does exist, but my sincere advice to you, STAY AWAY. Your first judgment was correct and you spoke out against it, but they are following a means of protection which will never be able to defend them against the punishment of Allah. Besides, by them saying they use both the Quran and the magic, do they not believe that Sufficient is Allah for them as a Protector?

And Allah knows best

Zafir   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

how does black magic work?

The magic is all in the Abracadabra

and why do only the reer xamar somalis know this practice?

Mr. Red Sea and G. Duke are going to take affront to this alleged notion of yours, for they know, there are P.landers and S.Landers who are equally as good in their practice.

Especially the older folks. They are so set in their ways you can't tell then anything. Its a scary concept though, but Alhamdulilah we believe in Allah's protection.

Khalaf   

W. salaam bro ameen. c thats what i talking about. i am strong believer in Allah n nothing can happen to u without qadar....but they say due to their business they will get an "evil eye" ciixiir against them by others ppl will read ciixiir on them....i am confused because thats giving power to human-being! ppl doing black magic against others 21st century in da states....the stories are interesting tho....how does black magic work and doesnt reading Quran on yourself work? the nabi scw was under spell right ........

EDIT: Zafir its true man right...."jareer" somalis know the black magic....but what they use tho..and why does it work...isnt that unjust islamically :confused:

salaamu lah.

RedSea   

Becareful Khalaf.Ha iskugu dhawaan.It sure is Haram as you are aware of.Suratu Naas,Ikhlaas,and Flaq,come in handy for us on those situations.

Zafir,ciyaadu bilaah on black magic.

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum

I think Khalaf understands that magic is haraam within its self but he also knows asking questions is a cure for ignorance, so continue to seek your knowledge brother.

If death can not come to an individual unless Allah, the Most-High, decrees it for him, what can we say about magic? Although magic is present, it does not bring about any power unless Allah decrees it against that person. So intimately it all comes back to the decision of Allah and He is the wakil over all things.

Under the Sharii’a, the penalty for the use of black magic is death, which states the seriousness of the matter. Once again brother, don’t doubt yourself because you have the understanding of what shirk ultimately is and that is when you give the rights of Allah, to other than Allah (so if they try to justify their actions, let them and forget about it….you did your part.)

In regards to the Prophet and his experience with magic, it is authentically reported that he had an experience with black magic and Gabriel (as) came down and informed him about it and he later directed him towards where he could remove it.

And Allah knows best

P.S. Khalaf, its seems like your curiosity is getting the best of you when it comes to the black magic so be careful my brother and may Allah guide us all.

mantra   

I would've flown out of that store.. :eek: do not attempt to reason with such folks, it's not like they don't know their actions amount to shirk.

I know a lot of Somali's in Kenya practice sixir and what not, I knew one lady who used to lease out jinns. It's a booming business so I hear, quite the demand.

STOIC   

The black magic I am really fascinated with is the Haitian Zombies (dead bodies brought back to life).Their use of Pufferfish to make victim looks like they are dead is absolutely stunning.I wonder how they get it right considering that scientifically there is a slim chance of survival to use the puffer fish poison if not prepared carefully.

Som@li   

^^ that was a trick,( could it be all black magics are trick),they put victims into hibernation mode, and has very small chance of coming back.

Black magic is very dangerous. stay away!

N.O.R.F   

Its very common in Oman to a scary level. I have never stopped at a rest area while travelling through the country. I would only take a break at the larger cities.

I did go to a village one day but before i went i was warned by numerous people "do not talk to any old men"

Ms DD   

Black magic exists and you are right people, we should stay away.

I used to live in Utange, Kenya as qaxooti..(aah good old days). My neghbour was married to man with a roving eye. I was just kid and she used to pay me to spy for her (for a good reason) and he used to pay me to lie to her. Anyhow there was this lady who used to stalk the husband and followed him from Somalia to Kenya, looking for him. The mistress used to snare the husband away for short trips to Nairobi (she was well off lady). Anyhow the wife used to accuse the mistress of black magic. I used think that it was all ridiculous and she was just jealous...till we found hair soaked in blood with chicken feet burried behind the house. The wife was jirooleey majority of the time, so maybe that was the cause.

Som@li   

Oman, Mambassa Kenya, Zanzibar all have black magics in common.

While in Nairobi, Kenya, I remember there were shops open for black magics.