Sign in to follow this  
Thierry.

Wife on benefits + Husband working = £££££££££

Thierry.   

I am sure most of you have heard about the classic Somali money saving scheme, the wife and husband claiming to be divorced, the wife on income/child benefit support and the husband working or on incapacity benefit.

BBC radio said a couple of nights ago that the Turkish/Kurdish community are the biggest burden on the welfare system followed by you guessed it the Somalis.

And while I agree that there are some people that genuinely need to be on welfare system there are many of us that can work or work in accordance to the nuclear family but who choose scavenge of the system.

What is your take on the issue?

first of all this is ILLEGAL, UNISLAMIC and outright ******.

The husband who declares divorce on his wife wether intensional or a lie for sole purpose of welfare, petty little cash begged from non muslims is a DAYUUS macal DAYUUS. How can such a sacred union between us be jeopordized and misused? :mad: The marriage is also nullified according to islamic scholars.

What do we epect from kids, a whole generation raised with stolen money? they will never know good islamic values, they will grow up to be liars, theifs and hypocrites inta Illahay uga miciino ma ahane. It is sad. Illaahayoow xaqa idin tus.

who ever is here in SOL who does this, shame on you and I hope u realise what ur in before it is too late. u also do not deserve to be a parent but I pray that Allah sw makes ur offsprings pious and honest beings.

^ Easy there.

Inta badan dadku waxay sameeyaan danbaa ku khasabtay. That doesn't mean it's not wrong or illegal but markuu isagu ka shaqeeyo a menial job iyaduna illiterate tahay, siday meel London ah oo kale ugu noolaanayaan hadeyna wax isku dhex qasin?

wife on benefits+husband working, it is good if they are making money and have future goals like: investing, start business in africa, otherwise lets say london welfare system created Moral hazards it blocks ppl creativities, hardworking,progressiveness , it doesn't allow them to go out of their logic bubbling thinking and contribute to their future well-being.

Sa

Inta badan dadku waxay sameeyaan danbaa ku khasabtay. That doesn't mean it's not wrong or illegal but markuu isagu ka shaqeeyo a menial job iyaduna illiterate tahay, siday meel London ah oo kale ugu noolaanayaan hadeyna wax isku dhex qasin?

It is one of ideas make my ppl(somaliz) lagging behind

ps How are u doing

Thierry.   

Val you have a point London is very tough, it is one of the most expensive cities in the world and after your taxes are cut there is not much to go around for the family so I am very sympathetic for those that try to find loop holes in the system.

But there are many Somalis out there who make very good money, many bus drivers for example take home plus £500 after tax a week, that’s usually more than most people earn a week. The question is when does it stop being a case of survival and become a case where your son and daughter can have the latest mobile and latest trainers every month.

Dabshid working for who?

Nice arguments I thought I was going to get “War Maxa afaarahas ku galiyay”

Ismahaan   

Islam does not approve of divorce on frivolous reasons. There must be a valid and considerable reason for an interruption of this sacred bond to occur. According to Islam the husband who declares divorce on his wife whether deliberate or a lie for lone purpose of benefit is against the Sharia law. This kind of act is prohibited.

Kool_Kat   

Thierry, war maxaa afaarahaas ku galiyay? :D

who ever is here in SOL who does this, shame on you and I hope u realise what ur in before it is too late. u also do not deserve to be a parent but I pray that Allah sw makes ur offsprings pious and honest beings.

Bisinka, Bisinka...Heedhe wax iskula har bal...Maata leesh saan?

As for the topic, I don't think anyone enjoys collecting welfare...Everyone has his/her own reasons for collecting it, be it husband isn’t making enough to support his family, or one or both parents being illiterate to hold well paying jobs, and so forth...I know some abuse it above and beyond the meaning of the word 'abuse'...But if they can get away with it, shoooo I ain't mad at them... :D I wish I had the patience to sit around and wait for the welfare cheque to come at the end of the month, no way Jose...

Believe it or not, I've seen some people who are having children just so they can receive more benefits...Kuma fikiraan how much time, money and energy it takes to raise a child, lacagta uun baa u cad...And at the end of the day, they are spending a lot more than they are receiving from benefits... :rolleyes:

In all, the way I see it is that a parent has gotta do what a parent has got to do to provide for his/her child(ren)...

PS, is telling the system you are no longer with your partner same as saying you're divorced?

Inta badan dadku waxay sameeyaan danbaa ku khasabtay.

wife on benefits+husband working, it is good if they are making money and have future goals like:

I am very sympathetic for those that try to find loop holes in the system.

husband isn’t making enough to support his family, or one or both parents being illiterate to hold well paying jobs, and so forth

Unbelievable reasoning. I hope you are all joking. :confused:

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Bisinka, Bisinka...Heedhe wax iskula har bal...Maata leesh saan?

Kk there are many families who are shatered and their kids taken away as result of this looting in this city i live in. what is worse than walking into a goverment office and declare ur unborn baby illegitimate! oo saaxiibtnimaa la iiga dhalaa dhahdid just to make some extra bucks? adi damiirtaada makusiin leheed?

Believe it or not, I've seen some people who are having children just so they can receive more benefits...Kuma fikiraan how much time, money and energy it takes to raise a child, lacagta uun baa u cad...And at the end of the day, they are spending a lot more than they are receiving from benefits... :rolleyes:

Couldnt agree with u more.

In all, the way I see it is that a parent has gotta do what a parent has got to do to provide for his/her child(ren)...

Even if that means lying abt ur sacred union? ani ninkaan saaxiib lee nahay ilmahaygana garacyo waaye ma dhihi leheed? beenta dhaaf smile.gif

PS, is telling the system you are no longer with your partner same as saying you're divorced?

yes, inkastoon wadaad ahayn laakiin adibo soo hubso. marba marqaati hortiis gaalbo ha ahaadee hadaad ma qabo ama waa furay naagtayda dhahdid waa kaa furantaa according to Ulema.

Som@li   

Theory, never mind my comment there, but this a broad day light theft ,it is unislamic, and should be stopped.

Some of these pple save some these money for a trip to HAJJ?

I think most of the Somalis living in the US and Europe are xaaraan quutayaal in the first place ,,,, what you get by lie is basically Haram ,,,

Most of our people came to the west to claim horrible stories happened to their families and they are the only ones who survived and stuff like that ,,,,, it starts from there and no wonder it is promoting to the family thing now.

Whoever says he divorced his wife ,,, truth or lie has officially divorced her ,,, that is the Islam.