Sign in to follow this  
Indhodeeq

How do I know if he is mr right

Aaliyyah   

Ameen it is hard yes, but harder for us (sisters) to find that right person who is worthy enough to spend our life with , I think i might be subjective bt decent sisters outnumber respectable bros (most of them I must admit are street kids, who have no future plans whether it is education wise or marriage) . Don't get me wrong there are good guys out there I guess just not enough lol. But, all that being said if u put yr heart to it I am sure u would find the one worthy of yr luv :D Best of luck.

Dev lol I am just teasing u sis, bt remember u need a man not some one spoiled by his mom , I would rather get married to some one who lives on his own and knows how to take responsiblity...not that where he lives matters as long as I am crazy abt em lol.

wa salaaam

Ameen   

Best of luck?

Luck has nothing to do with it sister, just the Qadar of Allah.

In the mean time, I wll continue to do what I do ...you know, the school work, the religious duties, seeking knowledge and paying my taxes (got to keep the government off my back lol). Im sure during the next eid, when everybody goes to Tim Hortons to purchase their daily dose of timbits (but what really happens is, a fashion show followed by glances at each other and plans, whether they are verbal plans, but nowadays...its "not proper" to make plans with the other gender while hooyo is standing near by...so people invite each other to events via text. And dont act like your haven't noticed this? lol) Im sure I will run into her. Than again...no brother wants a sister who drinks coffee lol. Maybe tea tho.

And Allah knows best

Aaliyyah   

looool Ameen u wanna meet yr girl @ Tim hortons, that would be the last place i wanna meet some1. By the way whats wrong with making plans while mama is watching, my mom pushes me actually naa orad ka ma aragta hebla dhashay wa yar wanagsan bal kasoo war doon lol.

wa salaamu alaikum

p.s. whats wrong with drinking coffee,....specially in exam timez, Icant help bt drink coffee. Anyways, whats wrong with a sister that drinks coffee?

Ameen   

Im not saying I wanna meet her at Tim Hortons, but my boy...he jokes around by saying "you know, Im afraid Ima meet that girl in which Allah has decreed I marry while Im at Tim Hortons" lol...He's paranoid, but Im not.

The only plans I would make while mama is watching is halal plans (wink wink). Such as...umm..umm... "Hooyo, I intend to marry your pious daughter so soon as I can, so will you grant me permission to spend some time with her, so I can get to know her?"...plans like that lol. But me personally, I would be .....well I cant tell you that.

The only thing wrong with a sister who drinks coffee is that her blood pressure can go from normal to MARS in a matter of seconds lol. But on the real, exams and coffee go hand in hand, but I was speaking in regards to a sister who is attached to the cafe and you have to spend a lifetime with.

And Allah knows best

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum to you too Pujah lol.

So how is Bombay? I hear they just opened a halal McDonalds and that must be nice. A Halal Big Mac yummy lol.

And Allah knows best

Pujah   

Well, I am not in Bombay but we do have halah KFC in my neighborhood. Some how I thought anything that's not pork was halal until I saw their sign.

Ameen   

We had a halal KFC in Toronto, but it was called Kennedy Fried Chicken...so I take it that this KFC is not your average KFC. But the Muslims that owned this particular joint, were actually serving haraam food. So Allah, The-All Wise, caused their once successful business to go to ruin. And by the way, you know your listed as being from Bombay....whats up with that? lol

And Allah knows best

Aaliyyah   

puja lol sis one of my 16 yrs old bro was actually working for muslim grocery store and he was like how they just put the halaal signs on it just for the heck of it . So yeh u neva know, at least if we have the intentions of eating halaal food den that is what counts.

wa salaam

p.s. Ameen lol there is actually TiM Hortons close to my house and somalis tend to gather there so wheneva i go there i always get lota guys glaring @ me (mind u i dont go there often--somalis an staring come hand in hand) ....now i know why ,, who knows yr friend could have been one of dem lols

Pujah   

^^ There is no chance of them serving not so 'halal' chicken...not with this kind of competition :D

Fast-food giants cater to Muslims

On Devon, a debate over `halal' standards

By Noreen S. Ahmed-Ullah

Tribune staff reporter

Published January 4, 2007

First, the new owner of a nearby Kentucky Fried Chicken began trying to lure shoppers in the heart of South Asian Devon Avenue. Then a Brown's Chicken and Pasta popped up a few blocks away.

It seemed a strange juxtaposition--all-American fast food, elbow-to-elbow with pungent cuisine from the other side of the globe.

But the secret ingredient both outlets offered was halal, the Islamic analog of kosher, a promise that the meat has been slaughtered and prepared in accordance with Islamic teachings.

That, in turn, has sparked a neighborhood contest over whose fried chicken is truly halal, or more halal--a 21st Century collision of American marketing, immigrant tastes and age-old customs.

The fried chicken wars on Devon underscore the growing power of the Muslim market.

In Muslim countries, fast-food giants like McDonald's, Pizza Hut, KFC and Burger King have long served halal meat and have become popular teen hangouts.

In the West, chains are only now picking up on the halal market. McDonald's has two halal franchises in Dearborn, Mich., one in Australia and is considering one in Britain. A Subway location in New Jersey adopted halal about two years ago. Outback Steakhouse recently announced it offers halal lamb from New Zealand.

The halal food business is estimated to be a $16 billion industry in the U.S.

"What you're seeing is the impact of the second generation," said Shahed Amanullah, founder of zabihah.com, a Web site that reviews restaurants serving halal. "If you were born and raised here, your ethnic food is American food. ... This second generation is demanding halal fried chicken, pizzas and Philly subs."

The Chicago Tribune

Ameen   

They probably be glancing in your direction cause they wanna know what time it is lol. And you know a brother got to seek the time from no one other than a female (shameful but sometimes true). Or maybe they just amazed with your________(finish the sentence for me).

Maybe your right....maybe among the brothers that were looking in your direction was a friend of mine....but I wouldnt but your good deeds on that lol.

By the way, Al-Maghrib is about to start a huge marketing project for their coming class, get the word out if you cant come. They trying to get like 501 students inshallah.

And Allah knows best

Aaliyyah   

lol @ seeking the time ..excuses. Anyways, to think about it it was you, wasnt yr friend lol.kidding. As for almaghrib classes?? are u talking about "Seerah: The Shepherd's Path"

taught by: Shaykh Muhammad Alshareef ..the one thats starting on March.....I dont think I will make it , bt yeh lota ppl I know are attending insha-allah.

puja ...this was just some small local muslim store that i was talking abt , for the most part they serve halaal food .

wasalaamualaikum

Ameen   

Like Shaggy said in one of his songs, "It wasnt me..." lol.

Thats because I go in and out of Tim Hortons when I see more than four Somalis there at the same time lol. I love my people, but I enjoy staying off the front page of the Somali News even more.

So you dont think you'll be able to make it? I dont understand how someone who has been given a few months in advance can already come to that conclusion....but than again...

AAliyah will be promoting her new album in London in the month of March right? So sister, bring me back some English snow cause I hear its snowing in London lol. But inshallah everything will work out for you.

And Allah knows best

Khalaf   

Ya salaam ya salaam! Ameen is macking up in here! I don’t approve! To talk to Aaliyah u most get her fathers permission first! Aaliya wa gabar tolkaa since I am the next of kin here, Rudy is unstable he dont count!....all pms u send my sister and da behind the scene shukaansi u doing i most read and approve! So far sxb i dont like ur sweet talking! To get to our women u talk to us and we most approve! Her choice matters not! She is a woman, woman are soft hearted any sweet talker even those black jamicans can sweep them off their feet! What is your background sxb? Are u of noble birth? Dont u know AAliyah is daughter of Kings and sister of warriors! Her dowry is worth much! Can u afford the hand of a Queen yaa Ameen?

Aaliyyah   

Ameen I am just not yet too sure if I would come, there is few things that I had in mind. But who knows I might attend depends if I am not too busy.

Khalaf lool what are you talking about hun? Ameen wa walaalakay and we are just here discussing different things. whats with u and shukaansi.Kan kale heedhe ya af hayeenkeyga ka dhigtay kulaha women are weak and soft hearted..shaqo la'aan ba ku heysa ma istidhi ? icon_razz.gif

wa salaam