Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Urinal Stall Talk?

Here is a suggestion. Af-soomaaligoo dhan aan iska deyno. Luqadan baas 'oo' iyo 'aa' deeda lagamaba bixikaro. Its long and subject to pronounciation. redface.gif

Good to hear ur history fares better. :D

Bishaaro waa reer kismaayood,luqad fiican kuma hadlaan :D ee warkeeda ka baxa.

bal lemme take a peak at this:

Sayyid qutb wrote:"Waxaan kale aan maqlay, in Munkar iyo Nakiir ay kaa hariyaaniin marka aad musqusha usocotid."

and

Zafir wrote:"Waxaan kaloo maqlay, in ay Munkar iyo Nakiir kaa haridoonaan markaad musqusha galaysid."

My analysis: The problem here lays in the first sentence; which is implying past tence (something, you have heard a while ago) the second part of the sentence is perfetcly normal/correct amongst you both.

Now let's take Sayyid qutb's first sentence:"Waxaan kale aan maqlay" all these years in my teaching the grammer in the somali laguage, sayyid i must say, you are not alone. A lot of people/students make these similar mistakes. we can't say Waxa aan maqlay that's inproper grammer, we can say Waxaan maqlayAm sure now you can see teh difference in the writting and the sounds they make. Aan, iyo Oon can't stand alone in a sentence. Here is a trick you can use Sayyid. When you reread your sentence, if it doesn't sound wright chances are it ain't wright. Hence, Zafir's first sentence is grammatically correct.

Sayyid   

Good to see you waving the white flag and capitulating, dear sister. I'll be graceful in my victory over yours!

Af-soomaaligayana waa mid heer sare ah oo aan keligayaga is baray walaal, what do you say about that?

Waa runta aan iska dayno naaniin taan iyo sida aad horayba u tiri luqadaan "baas" oo illaahay noogu nicmeeyey.

Sayyid   

I've to protest checkmate on a technicality. Yes I conceive that my first part of my sentence had a grammtical error but that was due to bad spelling and an error in typing.

It was meant to say and I qoute: "Waxaan kale maqlay!

Also I won't except Zafirs second part of the sentence being correct.

Now get on with it. I need someone who has graduated from jaamacadda lafoole ee kuliyadda luuqaddaha ama af-soomaaliga.

Sayyid   

surrender2.gif

lol, is that meant to represent you! It looks more like to a man to me than a woman.

do you want to tell us something you forgot to mention walaaley?

^^Hadaba nin yahoow qumanahaagaa qoorta kuugu jira.

Hadaan si fiican u sii fiiriyey sentenceka labaad xitaa Zadir ayaa kaa saxsan, waayo, you said" kaa haraayiin markaad musqusha u socotid" hence, musqusha maadan gaarin, mana aadan galin, seebey kaaga hareen? kow. Haraayiin maxay ka dhigan tahay? haraayaan baa?? af-soomaaliga formalka in aad baratid isku taxaluugi walaal.

Ps: Arday kaa madax adag waligeey ma arag in my 10 years of teaching :D

Nephissa   

Haraayiin
maxay ka dhigan tahay?
haraayaan
baa?? af-soomaaliga formalka in aad baratid isku taxaluugi walaal.

Haa, reer Kismaayo hadaan nahay waxaan dhahnaa: Haroow-haayiin. :D

Sayyid   

"taxaluugi", very intelligent my friend. What is that supposed to mean, yaa akhi.

Waligay in my 10 years of self-tuition tano kaleeto ma ay isomarin!

Castro   

Checkmate, you don't mean to say "taxaluji", do you? I'm not sure "taxaluugi" is even a word. If it is, it sounds as though it involves nudity. :D

P.S. Taxaluji is loosely equivalent to try or endeavor in English.