Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

Sista's Too Smart To Marry?

^ Exactly. There are very few such xaliimos. What these men are whingeing about are average education and jobs that pay for clothes, rent, the occasional holiday and keep the family off your back.

How sad in intaa xitaa loo diidanyahay hablaha. Koley waxaan aqoonsanahay inuu Underdog rabo mid aan nuuxsan uu dhabarka kaga istaago. icon_razz.gif

Jamster   

Valanteenah, oo adiga maxaa ku diidey inaad guriga iska fariisato-- provided he will be able to provide all the material goods your heart desires; mise you need to put a good use to your education the only way you feel you can do that is to wake up early in the morning put on some clothes and off you go to work and then come back later on in the evening tired and the only thing you would look forward is hot bath with some aroma whilst listening to some soft melody and then enjoying good old non-sensical tv before you retire to bed?

Working 9-5 is mind boring as hell unless you feel you are making a diff be it because of the job you are doing or the financial rewards you are getting but many girls feel they have to WORK because they feel they have to because it is liberating; you might argue what is wrong with that nothing wrong with it i would say. It is personal choice, i wouldnt want my 'wife' to work if I can afford to give her a respectable living she deserves.

Nephissa   

Working 9-5 is mind boring as hell unless you feel you are making a diff be it because of the job you are doing or the financial rewards you are getting but many girls feel they have to WORK because they feel they have to because it is liberating; you might argue what is wrong with that nothing wrong with it i would say. It is personal choice, i wouldnt want my 'wife' to work if I can afford to give her a respectable living she deserves.

Perhaps a man with a higher income is the solution? and when that man screws around and leaves, what would you like the "used to be career woman" single mother to do then?

Nehanda   

Not every 9-5 job is boring. Maybe Somali women prefer to work simply because they enjoy what they do, they find their job challenging and exhilarating.

It is great to know that you can always achieve more and excel at your targets. The satisfaction from working is not always 100% achieved from solely the financial gains.

Why as a woman should I give up or put on hold my ambitions for a mere stranger, especially where there are no guarantees that the relationship would remain strong.

We have to realistic, marriage should be based on compromise rather than dictatorship.

Hayat   

you are right fahiye it is a personal choice and everyone is entitled to their opinion

It is personal choice, i wouldnt want my 'wife' to work if I can afford to give her a respectable living she deserves.

however on that note, i don't see why marriage and work must be mutually exclusive. who said that you could nto work and still raise a family?. when i am studying i long for holidays to come anytime soon and when holidays have come i long to go back to studying, everyone has to stimulate thier mind, everyone should do rigourous work, unlike the typical preverted somali ideals which require you to sit and stay home all day.

hello, i don't know about where u live but in australia weight problems are high in our agenda. the religion doesn't hold her back from working why should you?, not only that islamically speaking she does not have to spend the money she earns on her family, its the mans responsibility to provide, she can spend that money all to herself, without any "danbi".

its not a matter of proving that you can work and provide for your family(as a role of man offcourse) its the fact that she can feel a sense of having a control of her life, despite the fact that i am implying that she needs to be "independent", as much as i hate to use that word.

YoniZ   

Waa la isku wareersan yahay meeshaan :confused:

Gulf of misunderstanding separates Faraxis from Xalimos today and the "vice-versa".

Educated Xalimos tend to sell their credentials in cheap inta uusan wiishka ku yeerin.

Where Farax Geeks normally scared of the former to out-smart & out-shine intentionally look for someone that may appreciate ookiyaalaha weyn iyo xeyraanka laga dhaxlay buugaagta.

This topic is an ideal project for the someone aiming to study Sociology in their Postgrads. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Fahiye:

Valanteenah, oo adiga maxaa ku diidey inaad guriga iska fariisato-- provided he will be able to provide all the material goods your heart desires; mise you need to put a good use to your education the only way you feel you can do that is to wake up early in the morning put on some clothes and off you go to work and then come back later on in the evening tired and the only thing you would look forward is hot bath with some aroma whilst listening to some soft melody and then enjoying good old non-sensical tv before you retire to bed?

As opposed to watching 'good old non-sensical tv' all day? Tut tut...

Waxaa iidiidey inaan guriga iska fadhiyo, dhibta iyo kharashka waalidkey ka soo maray dhinaca waxbarashayda. It would be mighty ungrateful on my part to sit at home and do the basic minimum, considering Allah has blessed me with an able body, a sharp mind (for the most part) and the tools to make a difference to the world around me.

Working 9-5 is mind boring as hell unless you feel you are making a diff be it because of the job you are doing or the financial rewards you are getting but many girls feel they have to WORK because they feel they have to because it is liberating; you might argue what is wrong with that nothing wrong with it i would say.
It is personal choice, i wouldnt want my 'wife' to work if I can afford to give her a respectable living she deserves.

If being the operative word.

As you said, it's a personal choice. I find my work satisfying. I would find it even more satisfying if I had more impact, but that requires experience and progression up the ladder. Something I aspire to, as much as I aspire to raising a family and looking after my husband.

14 pages for this topic eeeh.. forget about education. The fact is that regardless of your education, you will marry what ever girl/guy you fall in love with. as I am shukaansi challenged, I always ask dating tips a friend of mine. He told me the other day that "women is like a computer, when you buy one there is a better one in the market next month" I totally not agree with him on this

Paragon   

Ducaysane: as I am shukaansi challenged, I always ask dating tips a friend of mine. He told me the other day that "women is like a computer, when you buy one there is a better one in the market next month" I totally not agree with him on this

Kix kix kix You got jokes, sxb. Believe I have payed for stand-up comedies many times and I think I'll be your number one fan if you decide on it. :D

Paragon   

^^Dacaysane, haaa ninyow saaxiibkaa tilmaantiisa quruxdeedaa i cajabisey ...sida saxxan ee uu isugu keenay computer model iyo gabar model ah. Loool.

Jamster   

this topic shows that most of SOL girls are bunch of guumeys in the waiting-- unless they marry of course other single SOLers; thus far I was told there has been 4 wedding as a result of SOL. Perhaps, the vaving grace will come from SOL men. In the real world though, most of these girls are date challenged-- I am purely going on from thier ideas of men whilst discussing gender issues.

Ducaysane, your friend has yet to find a true mother to be; one who help him raise the ideal family unless that idea is lost to him too :D

-Lily-   

Originally posted by Fahiye:

this topic shows that most of SOL girls are bunch of guumeys in the waiting-- unless they marry of course other single SOLers; thus far I was told there has been 4 wedding as a result of SOL. Perhaps, the vaving grace will come from SOL men. In the real world though, most of these girls are date challenged-- I am purely going on from thier ideas of men whilst discussing gender issues.

Yeah, and we’re just dying to be swept off our feet by the cyber characters such as yourself who are still childish enough to generalize a large number of women on a forum as this or that :rolleyes: