Sign in to follow this  
allan

please explain

allan   

what on earth does this mean

Q: What about Registration marriage?

A: The islamic marriage is called "nikah". Registering your nikah implies marriage in community of property, which is against Islamic law. Even a will made out according to the shariah will not be termed valid in terms of the law of the land, hence the estate of the deceased will be distributed in violation of Islamic law.

Blessed   

Salaams

A registration marriage is one where you go to the registry office to get married under State law. This alone is not recognised by the sharia.

The nikkah is the Islamic marriage contract ceremony where you get married under the sharia law. You need a qaadi, several witnesses, the girls guardian and the groom. There has to be a mahar, a request of and consent of the bride.

If these conditions aren't met, the marriage is invalid.

The UK does recognize the Islamic marriage but you still need to register to get full rights as a married couple. I'm not aware of any prohibtion of registering your marraige once the nikah process is completed. Where did you get that from?

Pi   

Do you really need a Qaadi? That's not what I've been told. As long as all the other requirements are met, islamically the marriage is valid. Or do I have it all wrong?

Blessed   

^Hmmmm, am not sure about that now. Some one with knowledge has to execute the contract but I don't know if it has to be an official such as imaam / qaadi as it is with our culture.

I'll look it up and get back to you smile.gif

Jacpher   

Blessed said it right.

I think registration marriage means doing the marriage at or with your local government alone without meeting or following the process of marriage set by the sharia. Under Islamic sharia, marriage requires the consent & acceptance of both parties, legal guardian/representation, Maher be stated and agreed, Imam/Sheikh to state the marriage and two adult witnesses present among many other secondary requirements.

Most people I know do it both ways. They first go through the regular marriage process with the Imam, hold the ceremony and then have the legal paper work filled with the government after the wedding.

Pi,

It all depends on where you live. Some Muslim countries may require Qaadi/judge present at the marriage ceremony but in the US, you don’t need state appointed judge or official as the Imam will play that role. Most Imams are licensed to perform marriage ceremony so they do the paperwork necessary for your local government to issue your marriage license.

If we forget the whole Qaadi or so called sheikh that happens to call opun on who's is married or happilly attched or what have U....its just a group of words that seem to fit perfectly right as we speak, nothing less nor should it be nothin more!!!!!! as per scheduled time

as We were having dinner at the house of some friends, a nice couple, around our age, good parents to three girls. We kinda knew the wife was relatively young and sexually inexperienced when she married -- she had confided that in us the first time we'd been over to dinner, almost a year before. She had always felt as if she'd missed out, she told us. She never really had any sexual adventures; she had never done anything she regretted or looked back on and thought, "Wow! Was that me?"

salaama

Ibtisam   

and you come back to see if you got response for the post in the wrong site :confused:

anyway you best remove it