Sign in to follow this  
Intel

Overrated

Originally posted by think_tank:

overated i would have to say the italian national team and any italian soccer club.

the ****** rooney kid is overated.

Well erh.......don't know where you got that from, but can I ask? Is England more overated then Italy or not????

How can Totti be overrated, thats teh exact problem he is so underrated and unappreciated outside Italy and the top Coaching Fraternities.

I totally agree with that. The person who stated Totti is overated propably thinks Mr.Fantastic..oeps I mean MR.Beckham is not overated. Thats got to be a joke really. Totti is infact "underrated" but most ppl should come to watch the Seria A or wait till the Euro'04 insha allah.

N.O.R.F   

Totti is the most overated player in the world, not even Roberto Baggio got this much hype and we all know he was miles better than To-tit.

Watching the PL, Seria A and La Liga and i deff feel that this guy is so overated. I mean what does he do, a few good passes a few good goals in unimportant games and hey hes the Azzuri saviour,,,,,,

Let me repeat that again TOTTI IS CR*P,,,,,,,,,, , i will be proved right in the summer,,,,,,,,

I disagree icon_razz.gif .

But like peninsula said i guess the forth coming Euro Championships should provide a good spectecle the view the Talent.

Mind you i still think the stongest challange that exisit now days lie in the Best league competitions i.e Champions league n Seria

but will see, i will be with Italy :cool:

N.O.R.F   

In the final of Euro 2000 we watched it in central London on a big screen, u can imagine, one side full of africans/french fans and the Italian stalians with their oily hair and forza italia chants on the other, with the english quietly observing. The Italians were chanting since the 1st goal, but as soon as Wiltord scored, boy was that a site to be seen, WOW, the place erupted, then when David-bueatiful volley-Trez scored, WOW, histyria, a huge fight erupted between the nigerians and italians. One italian guy called Trezequete a 'negro' the nigeries were not having it,,,,,,loooool, fond memories indeed. just thought i wud share :D

lol yeah well not supprising, the nigerian with the propesnty to be loud, and the italian to less than charitable in the words.

but that aside you have to admit, Zizou aside Totti had a great euro 2000 scoring 2 goals and become a fixture for the first time in the Azzuri.

France we totally subdued until the dying second and italy lost out through their own faut rather than any brilliance from france.

N.O.R.F   

i'm being honest here, not because i hate Italians but i just do not see anything special in Totti walaahi, he had an OK uero 2000, like i said before, apart from that back heel to set up the 1st goal and two passes to Del Pi, after the french defence was strethed near the end of the game (two easy passes i could make with my eyes closed) i dont remember him doing anything to sit up and notice,,,,,

Now compare that to Baggio in 1994, thats what u call a gr8 Italian. Consistency through a peak of maybe 6 years.He won Scudettos, CL (i think he was injured for the final), Uefa cups, now thats what makes a good player, not bit part performances for club and country against lesser oposition......let him meet the big boys, Zizou, Viera, Costa, Figo, Baraja, Becks, Davids, Nedved, Vicente etc etc, lets see what he do against these guys.....not much is my bet

I cant wait to be proven right,,,,,,

In Euro'00 Totti came out of no where to be the Star of Euro'00 to be honest along maybe other players. No one expecting Italy to do sooo well really, looking at most of the star players being injured or not 100% fit (Vieri and Del boy respectively) So me even an Azzurri fan wasn't putting too much hope on Italy as I saw that France N Holland were infact much better then us.

I was soo surprised to see Italy do soo good in the tournament, look at England for example. They go into "every" tournament claiming they will win it or have a major chance of doing well. They went out out in such a humiliating way, well.......erh they only good thing they've done is beating their long arch rivals Germany. I believe Totti will really well and will raise some eyebrows. Can I ask who is more overated Beckham or Totti??? Please answer that question, am looking forward to that redface.gif . However I do think Spain is slightly overated sometimes, even though they are a good team but not that good

Baaniyal   

Totti is very mediocre to me,he has nothing that will grab your attention like a Del Peiro,or Baggio. He had an average Euro 2000,like Northern said,aside from that back heel,i can't remember him do anything. Italy were lucky as usual to get that far,with the always penalty missing Dutch feeling generous again.I seen nothing of Totti in that game,as always it was all about Italy's defenders,rather than their offensive players.If you paid close attention,the real player that shone in that final was none other than Mr. Henry. He was the only light in a very dry game that kicked to life in the last 80 mins!

When Totti has won atleast half of the tophies Beckham won,and plyed his trade at another league(PL or SL),then you can try to make the comparison between the two. But when all you done is won 1 Scudetto,and pull a dissapearing act in the big games,then we can't even consider you as a top 10 player,let alone the best.

Originally posted by Baaniyal:

Totti is very mediocre to me,he has nothing that will grab your attention like a Del Peiro,or Baggio.

When Totti has won atleast half of the tophies Beckham won,and plyed his trade at another league(PL or SL),then you can try to make the comparison between the two. But when all you done is won 1 Scudetto,and pull a dissapearing act in the big games,then we can't even consider you as a top 10 player,let alone the best.

Ohh my gosh!! :eek: you can't be seriouse bro. Give me anytime anywhere Totti rather then our friend Beckham who is more interested in activities "off" the pitch. I can't believe am making such a comparesment its just crazy. With Totti you have a player besides crossing balls and taking freekicks (which Beckham only seems to do) he has more technique and creativity, and you got to love the way he does that backheels and long range chips.

He had an average Euro 2000,like Northern said,aside from that back heel,i can't remember him do anything. Italy were lucky as usual to get that far,with the always penalty missing Dutch feeling generous again.I seen nothing of Totti in that game,as always it was all about Italy's defenders,rather than their offensive players.If you paid close attention,the real player that shone in that final was none other than Mr. Henry. He was the only light in a very dry game that kicked to life in the last 80 mins!

Like I said no one was expecting Italy to do that well in Euro'00 as most of their players where not fit or either injuried like I stated in my previouse post. Bro don't know whether you read the posts fully in order to counter reply my posts or other ppl's posts such as "shuju".

I wasn't expecting that year Italy to reach the final and the reason they played sort of deffensive (which am not denying, its a fact) is their main strikers where not there. You will propably come up with "Del boy was there" but he had an major injury and he was not fully fit, looking at that two major chance he had in the Final agains France to put the game beyond them sums up his status.

It seems like you always finish your arguments something that has to do with Henry. I simply can not believe you said that Henry "shone" I mean you got to put your love for a player beside when talking about facts. That sounds reasonable I think. To be honest no one was even looking at his existence in that tournament let alone the Finals. I think ppl where more looking at the fancy footwork of the real dude Mr.Zidane. However I would like to hear from you which of the two players you think "shone" more Totti or Henry?? (even though I know its part of the argument) Totti basically played outstanding for Italy, I really don't know what channel they watch the European championship (perhapse some Japanese channel where its constantly shown Mr.Beckham lol :eek: ) I give up with this, little suggestions buy any tapes of the Euro'00 to refresh your memory maybe smile.gif

ahh thats what i like to see, its never to late to argue about footie :D

give up with this, little suggestions buy any tapes of the Euro'00 to refresh your memory maybe

I concur bro.

Man its amazing how everyone here also forgets his lobbed penalty in the semi's shoot out :eek: , a moment that presonify's Totti. Not to mention his breif demonstaryion of his talent in the world cupp (rember the stranded croatian goalie for the free-kick) deffinately a case for getting some Hater-Aid into your systems lads :D .

If i recall the game properly Totti and Ambrosini of milan dominated the midfield game, and france's saving grace was the presisnt till the end :rolleyes: alas football is as cruel as life sometimes.

man lets face it totti and del piero are both quintessential italian sensations right, all praise and no substance. why do u italians get far in tournaments, two reasons 1. something italians call buscio di culo ( mere luck) 2. they have great diffenders end of story. apart from goalies and defenders italians soccer has nothing else to be praised about, certainly not la totti.

i was in roma, when argentina beat italy in da semis of 1990, neva was there a darker day for the italians, but for me that days joy is only paralleled by when italy got mashed up by south korea, when the luck ran out.

Originally posted by think_tank:

man lets face it totti and del piero are both quintessential italian sensations right, all praise and no substance. why do u italians get far in tournaments, two reasons 1. something italians call buscio di culo ( mere luck) 2. they have great diffenders end of story. apart from goalies and defenders italians soccer has nothing else to be praised about, certainly not la totti.

I have absolutely no idea what you talking about m8. You are simply demostrating to us, the level of hate you have for the Italians. As that doesn't surprises me really. You are saying Italy has great keepers and deffenders. Correct spot on,.............erh what about the attack doesn't that count as well? A simple example Del piero, Totti, Vieri, Montella, Cassano, Divao(can't spell his name lol) Inzaghi, Corradi, Miccoli, etc. Don't know.....but you tell me isn't that good??? Italy has the best Strikers collection if whole Europe, just look at the back up guys up front.

i was in roma, when argentina beat italy in da semis of 1990, neva was there a darker day for the italians, but for me that days joy is only paralleled by when italy got mashed up by south korea, when the luck ran out.

Actually if I'm remembering it right, the goal that costed them the Final was the ONLY one they consided. Imagine a team going to a world cup and not considing a signle goal till the semi's thats more then luck and floke I think. World cup'02........I think Korea were playing with 12 men rather then the normal standard number of players, it could have been not Korea's fault or they had something to do with it. Look at the match Spain what you got to say about that.

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

Lets be more objective here.

Spurs are not overrated. They just won the NBA championship. Isn’t that the ultimate goal? And TD is the only Power Forward to win a championship. Karl Malone couldn’t do it. Charles Barkley couldn’t do it. Chris Weber can’t get healthy and KG is still laboring in the first.

I think Phil Jackson is overrated and Keyshan (throw me the ******* ball) Johnson is way over rated.

I see we disagree again.

Give KG a true center like robinson and you see what he can do. KG never had a talented teamates except this year, and see what they doing best record in the NBA.

Hey i can't believe you said Mcnab is over rated, just because the whole team choked and his WRs could't catch anything. Tod pinkston and james trash can't even play at a college level let alone the bigest game in the NFl.