Sign in to follow this  
BOQORKA BORAMA

SOMALI GIRLS ABANDONING THEIR TRADITION!

I AM GOING TO GET A LOT OF HATE MAIL FOR THIS BUT I WOULD LIEK TO TELL ALL MY SISTERS THAT I SPEAK WITH EXPERIENCE SO TRUST ME ON WHAT I AM ABOUT TO REVEAL! SOAMLI GIRLSWERE ONCE THE PRIDE AND JOY OF A WHOLE NATIONS. THESE WOMEN WERE GREAT ROLE MODELS AND MOTHERTS AS WELL AS HARD WORKERS. NOW HOWEVER THE IDEA OF INDEPENDANCE HAS GOT MOST THEM TANGLED UP IN A TWIST. MOST GIRLS IN THE WEST FACE A CLEAR CHOICE: SHOULD THEY OBEY THEIR RELIGION AND CULTURE AND DRESS DECENTLY, ACT RESPECTFULLY AND WEAR THEIR HIJAAB OR SHOULD THEY JOIN THE STRUGGLE OF FEMINISM WHOSE VIEWS OF SEXUAL INDEPENDANCE AND IMMORALITY THE KORAN FORBIDS. SADLY, MSOT GIRLS PREFER TO TRY TO BLEND IN WITH THE LOST WESTERNSIED WHITE AND BLACK GIRLS IN THE WAY DRESS, TALK AND GENERALLY BEHAVE. GOD THE GIRL AT UNI I SEE REGUALRLY WHO STUDIES NURSING EVEN DRINKS BUT WHAT MOST OF THESE GIRLS DONT KNOW IS THIS: MOST MEN, SANE ONES THAT IS, WOULD NEVER CONSIDER MARRYING ANY OF THEM. TO THE DECENT SOAMLI ISLAMIC MALE THEY HAVE LOST VALUE AND RESPECT THUS ONE CAN FEEL SADDENED BY IT. FOR EVERY LOST SISTER THERE IS A LOST BROTHER BUT WE AS SOAMNLIS SHOULD CONSIDER THSI A PROBLEM AS THESER LOST PEOPEL ARE PART OF THE FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY AND IF SOMETHING IS NOT DONE TO CURB THEIR ATTITUDE AND ACTIVITIES WE WILL BE THE LSOT PEOPLE OF THE WORLD. OBEDIENCE OF ISLAM IS THE KEY AND MORE CO OPERATION BETWEEN THE SOMALI COMMUNITIES RATHER THAN COMPETITON AND HATRED AND JEALOUSY IS THE KEY. I HAVE GIVEN UP HOPE ON SOAMLI GIRLS WHO TRY DESPERATELY TO BE SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT.. HAS ANYONE GOT A SOLUTION TO THSI PROBLEM?

Yup, come a lil closer and I'll throw u off yr moral high horse.

some of the newbies have riden in on high horses. What a laugh!

N.O.R.F   

Waryahe, pull the hand break mate, before you smash into the SOL women on this issue. You should also be concerned with the Somali males (who are no innocents). Hablahena inodaa they have enough BS to contend with, let alone the 'high horse' somali male.

There is something annoying about you, i think i speak for everyone here when i say TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :D

Booqorka I think you posted this thread because:-

A) you tried to get with that nursing student at your school and recieved a painful rejection.

B) You married a Halimo and found out she is an Alcholic.

[ May 09, 2005, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

^ Shehe, you were a newbie yourself not too long ago. I remember thinking "If she talks about herself one more time, ama have a fit" icon_razz.gif (Joke).

As for the former king who has effectively been knocked off his high horse, DROP THE DAMN CAPS man. You have been screaming your lungs out and our patience is running thin. About the rest of ur blah blah ... bah humbug. :D

Janna   

Someone is obessed with horses. redface.gif

BOQORKA BORAMA

I don't think there is a solution to this problem. It all depends on each individual.

One can't change a whole group of people. smile.gif

Originally posted by Amethyst:

^ Shehe, you were a newbie yourself not too long ago. I remember thinking "If she talks about herself one more time, ama have a fit"
icon_razz.gif
(Joke).

As for the
former
king who has effectively been knocked off his high horse, DROP THE DAMN CAPS man. You have been screaming your lungs out and our patience is running thin. About the rest of ur blah blah ... bah humbug.
:D

the problem we have with these woman moderators is the fact are emotionally unstable. see they drag you into an argument and if you proof them wrong you and your posts will POOOOF...disappear.. !!!!

Your post? Call me emotionally unstable and I'll make
you
disappear you monkey!! :mad: :mad:

thats exactly what i was talking about.... u Female Mod's take this foruming thing too seriouse.. see if i call you a spinster fat cow you'd think i am insulting you whereas i am only joking.. you get me.. ;)

^^Easy now. You are de-railing a fine topic. Go out of the door and beat the hell out of each other, out of our sight, ok.

To the originator of the topic, I thee say: "everyone to their own". We're living in an increasingly global society that is blurring boundaries of culture, traditions etc, the only thing that can keep a muslimah (or a muslim for that matter) is not his/her culture in today's world, it is the Deen of Islam. If you lack that, the rest can easily be robbed of you! Lest you forget that the polluters of the world have the necessary tools to infiltrate any system other than 'proper' Islam.

So, I think you should be advocating for Somali back to their Deen, not Somali girls lost the plot! Besides, tho I've to admit i didn't read your post - maybe the caps put me off, the decay of morals/religion etc goes for both genders.

Enough said.

underdog   

King B,

Some of the women here are beyond help. take it from me: Don't waste your time trying to talk any sense.

P.S. Some of these girls prefer to 'Self-guide' in spiritual and social matters. They need no ones help.... You've said your piece...now its between them and Thier God.

dawoco   

If this topic was abt how to better ourselfs and set and example for those of us who have become lost on the way, I would have considered it a serious topic worth a thought and elaborate response, but as it stands...

Boqorka, not only did ur writing style damage my eye sight with the caps and the continuing sentences, your finger pointing was uninspired and unoriginal as every man who wants to get serious and tough on the curroption of our society tackles it with a "we have to set the sisters' straight" topic.

underdog   

What a bunch of whinging loosers. :rolleyes: .

[

My dear,

Whinning is your stock and trade. Everytime someone critizes you (or any woman on the planet) you spring into action like a super-hero public defender blessed super finger pointing abilities, magnificent blame-deflecting skills and a whine that's stronger than a locomotive and faster than a speeding bullet.

Looser kulahaa.... Swahili saying: "Nyani haoni kundule"